“Great Bar, check it out!”
Review of Outlaws Yacht Club

Outlaws Yacht Club
Ranked #15 of 157 Nightlife in Leeds
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A European style café/bar, exhibition space, record shop & creative hangout tucked away on New York Street in Leeds... We have an ever changing selection of beer, wine, cocktails, spirits, loose leaf teas & local coffee as well as a great choice of meats, cheeses, sandwiches & snacks. In the evenings we have the best local and international djs providing the sound track. Past Djs include, Andrew Weatherall, Justin Robertson, A Man Called Adam, Tiago, Moonboots, Phil Mison, Tako & Abel, Jan Schulte, Vidal Benjamin, Ruf Dug, Alexis Le Tan, Tropical Jeremy, and Nightmares on Wax. We host a wide range of events including Q&As, book clubs, film nights, poetry readings and art exhibitions. Past guests include Don Letts, Tim Burgess, Alan McGee, Pete Fowler, Grant Fleming, Mark Grist, Kris Needs, Greg Wilson & Ian Tilton. With free wifi & plenty of plug sockets for freelancers and comfy space for meetings, plus a large selection of vintage board games, kids books and lego to play with come down and spend a morning, afternoon or evening with us...
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
leeds
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Bar, check it out!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

OYC is one of my favourite bars in Leeds, the atmosphere is really chilled and the staff are all really friendly. It's a great place to come and do a bit of work during the day but also meet friends in the evening for a catch up, they also play decent music, hold great events and make great stew!

3 Thank LeedsLaura

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Friendly and funky”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was so pleasantly surprised when I first went to Outlaw’s. The bar staff were friendly and efficient and the place was just really warm and welcoming. They offer a range of things to suit different people ranging from film nights to family fun days. Got to say the music is fantastic, a bit of the beaten track but it’s so nice to hear something different from the main stream. I will defo be going back and recommending it to my friends to come down with or without the kids.

1 Thank MissV68
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing! Cool and friendly”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I often go to OYC and the atmosphere is lovely, child friendly, great staff, interesting menu and entertainment in the form of board games and regular music events.

Their events are forward thinking and something Leeds has needed for a long time. There are regular children's went in Sundays that have creative aspect and film events which are so much needed in town.

I'd recommend Outlaws to mates for a chilled pint, an after work drink or families in the day.

2 Thank Leedscity1
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Visited here today for a bit if lunch and a drink. Looked through the menu and went up to the bar to order, but along with another customer stood waiting for service from the barman who was far too deep in conversation with a friend to even bother glancing in my direction. I stood waiting for a good 5 mins and still hadn't been acknowledged, nor had the lady who had been there longer than me holding her empty wine glass. I know places like this enjoy being pretentious but the attitude was more "we don't need your custom". Can't comment on the food as I never got to order it but won't be back to try it.

OutlawsYachtClub, Owner at Outlaws Yacht Club, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Rob, I am sorry to hear about your experience and I assure you we take customer service standards very seriously and having looked into this believe it to be an isolated case and by no means our general treatment of valued patrons, I do hope in the future you have the time to visit us again as i'm sure your experience would be a positive one indeed, Warm Regards, Joe
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Cool as!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Can't say enough good things about this friendly, quirky place. Great music, food/drink, general vibe

Visited October 2013