“Relaxed Eating.”
Review of A Comer - CLOSED

A Comer
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: As a new small business we are appreciative for the extremely positive reviews that individuals have chosen to leave. Reviews are always welcome that provide 'constructive' feedback of ways to enhance the customer experience. However as a small independent cafe , singularly operated, we can not and do not endeavour to meet ALL customer expectations. Whilst Trip Advisor is a useful source of information for tourism, we did not set this account up and so advise that if you want a better understanding of the values and vision of our business you may wish to visit our Facebook account. Thank You a Comer
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Relaxed Eating.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When you visit this restaurant you have to go with a certain attitude of mind. It has already been mentioned by previous reviewers so please bare this in mind.

It is only a small place and everything (and I mean everything) is done by Pedro with the occasional help from his daughter when very busy.

This means he greets you, takes your order, cooks your food, gives you your bill, and waves you off. Therefore sometimes when you arrive he is in the kitchen cooking, and you may have to wait for him to come out to realise you are there. When seated he will almost certainly be cooking someone else's meal, so may not take your order for some time, although if you ask you can usually get a drink and some bread and dips to keep you going.

So if you regard prompt attention and fast service this may not be the place for you.
The pay off however is that Pedro is one of the nicest friendliest men you could wish to meet, and everything he cooks is freshly prepared. The kitchen does not know what a microwave is.
The ingredients are top quality, and his ability as a cook, are superb.

Despite being Spanish, the place has an Italian feel about it, and has a nice relaxed atmosphere.
This makes going out even for a light meal, an event, you are not in and out within an hour (unless the place is empty and you want to be quick) We enjoy it because we can have an evening in good company with good food, and both times we have been we have ended up chatting with others on nearby tables, it is just that sort of place.

Please be warned however due to the law for this location, you cannot order food after 8pm.

If you enjoy a nice relaxed eating experience you cannot beat this place.

• Visited July 2014
7 Thank Condor7700

Leeds, United Kingdom
“This is my local and I love it”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I'm a regular. Wouldn't come back time and time again if it wasn't top notch. Pedro has almost become a friend. Front of house and chief cook and bottle washer. Always service with a smile. Can get slow at peak times but always worth the wait.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Karen K
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Relaxed chilled out place with a wonderful ambiance and excellent food.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We called in one sunny evening just before closing time.
We did not realise it had an 8pm closing time so we were lucky to be allowed in really as it was only a shave away from time..
I had been looking at this place on Tripadvisor for a while now and do not know why we left in so long to call in.
It is nice to see some new reviews coming in as well, reviews on here do help a place I always feel.

This place is relaxed and chilled out and has food to die for served up.
My OH had a pasta meal which he said was wonderful and I ate a hot rump steak sandwich with blue cheese and some tasty fried red onions in it, the bread was so nice as well.
Only a sandwich of sorts I know, but it was bloody great!

We had an excellent bottle of Sauvignon Blanc which was very well priced.
My OH had a coffee which as he thinks he is a coffee expert, he said it was the real deal.

We were delighted to have a chat with the owners wife and lovely children who were dining too that evening, they told us a bit about themselves and the set up at the 'A Comer', they were as delightful as our food!

As you can see a big thumbs up from me and we will be back with the extended family for a nice family meal soon.
Since visiting here I have mentioned the place to a few friends who unbeknown to me have also eaten here and they raved about the place too.
Many thanks to all and we wish you every success.

(I internet researched what 'A comer' means, it means a few things according to the net, I may just have to ask the owner)

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank whatnamecaniuse
Leeds
“Feels like a holiday every time I visit”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Since our first visit at Christmas we must have been another 20 times, sometimes just us two, sometimes with friends, sometimes with family, and no matter who we're with or what the weather is doing outside I instantly feel like I'm on holiday - relaxed and happy.

Pedro, without a doubt, is a champ and the hardest working man in Leeds. He's a one man band, taking your order, preparing it and serving it to you and always with a friendly smile and a kind word. You may have a small wait because he does everything himself, but it adds to the relaxed atmosphere, nothing is rushed and he manages to give everyone time and attention. Rawdon is very lucky to have this little gem.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank JodieSLeeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
“One of our Regulars.....”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

As locals from 'round the corner' this truly is the best place in Rawdon to grab a glass of wine and a bite to eat. On each and every one of our visits, Pedro has always been the very best host,no matter how busy he is. The man does everything single handed from ordering, serving and cooking and does everything humanly possible to maintain a consistently great standard. All i can say is PLEASE bear this in mind on a first visit if you find he is busy in the kitchen and your not attended to immediately! The food is amazing at all times of the day, Polo Milanese been our favourite dish washed down with a lovely glass of prosecco! Great value for money!

• Visited June 2014