“value for money, good location”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This hotel is good value for money and its location is great for Leeds city centre. My only complaint is with the hard bed. Having said that, I still managed to sleep OK. I stayed for four nights and found staff to be very helpful. I will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
SarahTomlinson, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Dear Guest
Thanks for your review, I will ensure that your comments are shared with my team and I have forwarded your comments regarding the bed to our product development team who will ensure that your comments are used to continually improve the product and services that we offer.
I do hope that we can welcome you again soon in the near future.
Sarah Tomlinson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed 17 June 2011

I had stayed at the IBIS hotel, Leeds as I travel to leeds frequently for business. I never had such a disturbing stay. The staff is quite good and tries to serve its customers to the extent possible but I guess the hotel infrastracture and facilities are an hindrance. The rooms are too small. The elavators are faulty. Many times I had to climb up and down on the stair case and that too while staying on the 7th Floor. One night at around 3 AM in the morning a faulty fire alarm broke and we all had to assemble at the assembly point outside the hotel on a very coldy freezy night. My watch got stolen from room in the hotel

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I was most disappointed to read your comments regarding your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre as this is not a true reflection of the services that we pride ourselves on.
Unfortunately on the night that you stayed with us we did experience problems with one guest smoking in one of our bedrooms which activated the fire alarm system. To ensure the safety of all our guests especially during the night my team had no option to start the evacuation process whilst my team investigated the situation further. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused but as I am sure that you can appreciate, it is our responsibility to ensure the safety of everyone.
I have check with all my team and our records and we have no log of a watch being reported missing. I have provided my direct email address below so that you can provide further details so that I can complete a full investigation. My email address is sarah.tomlinson@accor.com.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Leeds in the future

Reviewed 16 June 2011

I recently stayed at the Ibis Hotel, Leeds City Centre and found it to be a perfect hotel for my needs. The reception team were all friendly and made check-in feel very comfortable (compared to some hotels where you feel like you are being interigated), giving me all the information i would need for my stay (including details of the onsite restaurant).

The room was very comfortable (and looked like it had been recently refurbished - or if not had been looked after extremely well), with a good internet package (essesential for me so i can check emails etc).

Before dinner i had a drink in the bar - where a nice Australian girl served me and made me feel very welcome, before taking my food order and promptly serving my meal - which i must say was to a good standard especially for the relatively cheap price i paid.

The bed was comfortable to sleep in, with the shower and bathroom facitilies all being in good working order.

When i went down for breakfast in the morning, i was greeted and shown to a table (didnt expect this as i thought you only had this in 4 star hotels) and helped myself to the buffet style breakfast - this was excellent with a huge selection to chose from - i went for the cooked breakfast and it was very nice.

All in all the hotel was a perfect hotel - very hard to believe that the price was so cheap for everything they offered. only negative was that there was no onsite parking - but there is a carpark accross the road.

Will definitely be staying more againing!!!

Dear Guest,
WOW thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review covering all aspects of your stay with us. I have already shared your comments with my team. Such comments make all the hard work worthwhile. I do hope that we can welcome you again soon to Ibis Leeds Centre

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights because of it's proximity to Nuffield hospital (only 5 mins walk) & got a great rate...... VERY CHEAP!!! Overall I was happy with my stay; the staff were always very helpful, breakfast was adequate & just what we needed and the bedroom was always very clean & tidy. However I found the bed very uncomfortable & hard, and didn't get a great nights sleep & there is no AC is the room so it was a little hot. But overall I guess you get what you pay for, so I was generally happy with my stay & the price I paid!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found that the location suited your needs. I have passed on your comments regarding the bed to our product development team to ensure that we continually monitor our guest feedback and use these comments to improve the product and the services that we offer.
Although we do not provide air conditioning we do provide a heating and cooling system which depending on the outside temperature blows either hot or cold.
I do hope that we can welcome you back soon to Ibis Leeds Centre

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Unique experience. Was put off by the lack of parking, death run from the park, the basic room and unfriendly staff. I hadn't seen anything yet. At 430am 4 policemen and 2 of the hotel security guards stormed into my room searched my stuff apologised for getting the wrong room and left. Thought it was a dream the nxt am but then when I saw a forensic team in the hallway I realised wot had happened. Told no refunds. Never again. Thankfully was on my own.. Could not have had my family there. Terrible.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Dstevenson5

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre. As I confirmed in our telephone conversation, I appreciate your stay with us may not have ended as you wished but the actions of the Police are entirely out of the control of the hotel. We acted in good faith in providing you with accommodation in Leeds but I do not feel that a refund is fitting in this situation.
Of course if you still wish to discuss this further please contact me directly at the hotel
Sarah Tomlinson General Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2011

This chain hotel is visible for miles around, and although you'd expect a rather anodyne experience, the staff, especially on reception and at the bar, are charming, welcoming and courteous. Booking ahead through one of the internet bookers gets a room for £39, a real bargain. The rooms are spotless, plastic shower and loo 'module' really very good for the money, enough towels and reasonable squirty Lux stuff in the shower. Flat screen TV has limited channels but still good, and has an ipod connection cable so you can rock n roll in your room. Car park opposite is not the hotel's and is a bit expensive...take plenty of change or you can call it in on your mobile. Overnight fee after 6 is not too bad. Nearby pub the Highlander has a great pint of Guiness and very cheap bar meals, worth seeking out...when I was there a guy came out wearing carpet slippers and a sea captain's hat...leaving the bar staff and drinkers all in hysterics...I felt such a fool in my admirals' outfit!! Ibis Central is recommended, very nice people, great views from the top floor, breakfast OK for the money...and is available from 4 am!! Who for I wonder... Book, stay, relax, enjoy.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review after your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome you again soon

An Accor traveller