“Central Leeds. Good value”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
London, United Kingdom
“Central Leeds. Good value”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

The Ibis chain is a bit outdated these day in contrast to the holiday inn express alternative . The wi fi is ridiculously expensive and should be included in the price and the breakfast is disappointing, dry and often served in depressing surroundings without much staff by in.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
SarahSiddons, General Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. I have shared your comments with our product development team who are always looking for ways to improve our hotels
Sarah Siddons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2012

The hotel is at walking distance from the rail station and city center. The room and bathroom were tight but functional. Bed and pillows were comfortable, and it was very clean. The room and the hotel were not noisy. The staff was polite.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thanks for your review and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Leeds in the near future
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Having stayed here recently on a work trip, i booked on Expedia for only £28. I knew it was a budget hotel and part of a french owned chain so I guess I was just expecting the French equivalent of a Travelodge but how wrong I was. The hotel is a highrise on the edge of the city centre, though a lot of the International hotels seem to be in this part of town. Crowne Plaza, Premier Inn and Holiday Inn were all on the same street. The hotel is a large highrise and I walked in to pretty vibrant reception with smartly dressed staff. I was given a warm welcome and quickly checked in. I requested a quiet room, though rooms are very well glazed I did not hear a thing. Although compact the room was very above averag for a full service hotel and the bed was amazing, much more comfortable than most beds ive slept in in top four and five stars, your entire body just sunk into it and the soft thick duvet and comy pillows were great, nothing budget about the bed! Loved the quirky pod style bedroom with walk in power shower and large mirroe and very well lit. toiletries in dispenser. Room also had a flatscreen tv aswell as inroom tea and coffee making facilities. Amaxing stay, at a great price and best nights sleep ever. Just love the beds, getting up was a nightmare ! Oh warm rooms aswell. The only thing i dislike is being charged for Internet and I slate every hotel that does this, In this day and age wifi should be free in every hotel room its just as important as having a tv in the room, or soap in the bathroom a basic necessity, hotels need to get sorted with this one

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. My team work extremely hard to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay, so it is always nice to read such comments. I will ensure that your review is shared with them. I was really pleased to read your feedback regarding our beds as we have this year, replaced the beds across the UK and clearly it was a great move. I am glad you had a good night sleep. We are in the process of upgrading our internet offer across our network so please watch this space.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the near future
Kind Regard
Arusha, Tanzania
Reviewed 28 November 2012

It was just the place I needed to be getting to WestOne without much hurdles. The Hotel was under some refurbishments when I was there and unfortunately couldn't get the room that I wanted, with the view to the city.
My stay was still ok, as the renovations didn't disturb me very much. It was walking distance to everything, and the staff were accommodating. The breakfast was very nice. I have stayed at other IBIS Hotels in London, and I must say that this one was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very close to West One so I can understand that you were happy with the location. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we can welcome you back to Leeds in the near future
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights a week for the last 7 weeks, and found the service here a bit hit & miss.
One day bathroom was not cleaned, another time the room wasn't cleaned and I was told by one ember of staff that they only clean rooms every 2 days . Weird !
Occasionally ate in the hotels resteraunt. Food good, but service was either slow, stop, or 2 hours to serve main course.
Staff didn't know what they were doing. Once I was asked if I wanted to charge food & drinks to my room. Not a problem. Another time asked for my credit card. Again weird !
The rate agreed was always the same. Then I go to breakfast, give my room number and am told breakfast not included. Then reception says they will sort it out, and returns insisting I have booking for two double rooms no breakfast.
As I said earlier stayed here same nights same rate, same booking for 7 weeks so why should I change it ??
Bathrooms small but adequate. Every time I turned on tap over sink horrible smell, and I couldn't work out why I was getting upset stomach all the time - -answer 'cos the water smelt foul.
Another day I asked where was the free newspaper to be told I was up too early. Yet again same time for 7 weeks I go down to breakfast. Always newspaper, but one day I am too early ( getting the picture now)

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. I will share your feedback with my Food & Beverage Manager as clearly we have a bit of training to be completed to ensure our service is consistently good
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed here for two nights and found it great for a short stay in Leeds. Rooms are a very generous size with plenty of space for 2 people and luggage. Tea and coffee facilities are included. Location was within easy walking distance of the shops and bars.

There was only 2 downsides - The breakfast was quite expensive and there is plenty of alternatives in the city centre nearby & I really dont like the pod bathroom that all Ibis hotels have.

The bed was amazing though - it had a faboulous memory foam topper on it - Id love the bed at home :-)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Ibis Leeds and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our breakfast offer is £7.95 per person but this is for an eat as much as you like hot & cold buffet breakfast allowing our guests to get as much value as they can.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to Ibis Leeds Centre in the near future
Kind regards