“At this price its 5 stars”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 20 October 2013

as with everything service/quality is linked to price and for what you pay for the ibis i have to give it 5 stars.

stayed as part of an 11 man stag do an dwere made to feel welcome; form the receptionist in the afternoon trying to book us a table at TGI Friday (who dont take bookings by the way) and the receptionist in the morning who filled my sports drink up for the journey home.

the room was basic but very clean with comfty beds and a modern shower room with a good pressure shower. the free wi-fi was a bonus and no doubt welcome for business users.

there was a young feel to the hotel but everyone was friendly and out for a good time. the noise levels were no where near as bad as some peeople described and i slept very well!!

breakfast at £8 was well worth it, buffett with lots of choice. and coffee!

parking is across the road and £6 all day or £2 after 5.30 and free after 10pm.

i wouldnt just reommend this hotel i will definitley be visiting again on my next night out in leeds

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Alistair Good

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Clean, good service, all that was required for a short trip. ffered great value for the price paid. Although busy always plenty of availability at breakfast. Rooms clean and comfortable although bathroom construction interesting.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards Alistair Good

Reviewed 18 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Good quality budget hotel - very basic, as you expect from the ibis group.

Good-sized room, decent bed and pillows, clean bathroom and TV that works.

Free WiFi was a big plus!

Breakfast was varied and decent, newspapers available.

Overall, decent standard for budget hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 October 2013

After making the 2 hour car journey to reach the ibis hotel with 7 other friends for my 21st birthday we went to check in at the reception, after letting us writing out all the information for the 3 rooms we have booked, they decided to let us know we couldn't have 3 people per room as you can see from the picture, it states either 3 adults people per room, or 2 adults and 2 children. Before we booked the hotel we rang ibis up and confirmed the 3 people per room and they said it was correct. Bearing in mind we are all university students we went for this hotel as it was the cheapest, if I knew we could only have 2 people per room we would have stayed at the premier inn (arena) which is a walk away from the nightlife. We was stood arguing our point, showing them the picture of their website and telling them we rang up to confirm the room numbers for about 45 minutes, they said they couldn't give us a refund as it was pre-paid, also they couldn't transfer us to the budget hotel, as they are not part of the same company?!!!

The hotel manger would not help us at all even though it was on their fault we was in this situation and told us we had to pay for another room at £84 which I was not prepared to pay when I only paid £64 per room in the first place. Not once did he apologise to us for the inconvenience but was just damn right rude!!

I will never stay in a ibis hotel again!! worst service I have ever experienced and will be talking my matter further and expect a full refund from ibis!!!

Thanks Ibis for ruining my 21st birthday weekend!!!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

3  Thank elyshadolphin

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 0113 3969000 or h3652-dm@accor.com to discuss this further. Kind regards, Alistair Good

Reviewed 15 October 2013

great place for a budget stay .. nice rooms and the pod shower rooms are more than adequate on a functional basis ..

only point would make is a bit of a walk to town and not the best road to walk on late at night ..

but a good value base and cant be faulted for service or cleanliness ..

Room Tip: higher up the building the better i think ,, quieter .. )
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre. Your feedback is much appreciated. Your feedback about cleanliness will be passed onto the housekeeping department which I'm sure they will be delighted to hear. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future. Kind Regards, Alistair Good

Reviewed 15 October 2013