“Good price for good hotel”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights room only for £75. A real bargain. Staff good, place clean, bar lacks atmosphere but we didn't really go in it. Room adequate. Free wifi. About a 20 minute walk from town so not bad considering what we paid. On a busy road so wouldn't stay if had to keep the window open! Would go back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Alistair Good

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I recently booked a room for my daughter as a birthday treat. On arrival they refused the booking and charged my daughter (whom is a student) for the room. This left my daughter in Leeds for a full day and night with a lack of funds for her trip. When I called the hotel and tried to explain Id booked the room as a birthday gift they wasn't interested and pursued to charge my daughter. Ive never been treat like this by a hotel before, nor have I heard of anything more ludricous. The fact my card has been refunded is useless as I do not live in Leeds and my birthday treat has been ruined by this company. The customer service is appauling !

Room Tip: Do not book as a gift, chose a different hotel, this is on a main busy one way road and the staff ar...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about Ibis Leeds Centre. As previously outlined it is the hotels standard procedure to take a Pre-Authorisation of the Card used at the time of booking, this verifies card ownership. I am sorry this wasn't clear to you at the time and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I hope your daughter enjoyed her stay with us. Kind Regards, Alistair Good

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in quite a few hotels in Leeds, most of them costing more than the Ibis. Have to say,all things considered, this is the best. Modern room, friendly staff, food was very good. Was a bit concerned about the amount of stags and hens staying but the room is quite well soundproofed. Will use again when in Leeds.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Alistair Good

Reviewed 28 October 2013

It's literally an ill wind that blows no one good: on the day after the worst damage since the Great Storm of 1987, rail companies are honouring tickets on alternate routes and days, offering refunds and generally pitching in; Ibis are sticking to the letter of their contract on non-refundable bookings, and offering alternative dates at rack rates for reservations made and paid in good faith months ago. Aside from running their own online reservation system, and answering the phone (after 23 rings on two attempts) = no customer service, but a tidy profit. I even cancelled the room online so that another stranded traveller might use it: the polite but powerless receptionist didn't think to ask about that.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Alistair Good

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel a few times. Staff are usually very good and friendly and the rooms themselves whilst basic are clean and comfortable. No onsite parking though so you need to find one for yourself. The main car park next to the Royal Armouries is probably the best price wise and at least its secure. Hotel is ideally situated for the city centre and the local attractions

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds centre. Your feedback, which is much appreciated, will be passed onto the team. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future. Kind Regards, Alistair Good

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed for three nights and all was well apart from two aspects.

The sausages were barely cooked at each breakfast - they were barely beyond pink within. I pointed this out and was simply told that they had passed the heat test.

A request for Earl Grey tea bags was not met withe cheery "Of course, sir." response, but rather with a " We don't normally do that." Disappointing.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated your comments will be passed onto our Food & Beverage Manager. I hope we can welcome you back again soon. Kind Regards, Alistair Good

Reviewed 26 October 2013

The room were cold and dim. The breakfast was very disappointing. Meet the price range and will not be back. Drunks running about all night prevented a good nights sleep for a business meeting the next day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Guest,,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis Leeds Centre, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis Leeds Centre and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Yours sincerely,