“Cheap and close enough to city centre”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Cheap and close enough to city centre”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We usually stay in Ibis hotels when travelling on long weekends away, hence the reason why we chose this one when visiting Leeds. Pretty standard Ibis room, comfortable bed, reasonably spacious, clean throughout. Despite being called city centre it's actually about at least a 20 min walk away, through a busy road. Staff were nice, all dressed up for Halloween and they even baked some biscuits and gave some to my 10 year old daughter - she loved it. I'd say that the only negative bits were the fact that it was beside busy roads and even the access road to motorways; also, being it the halloween weekend, there were quite a lot of "young" people making noise and drinking heavily (though the staff appeared in control of the situation, declining to sell more drinks); false fire alarm at 2am which woke us up and did not let us go back to sleep (I guess it was the young crowd...). We like the Ibis hotels but perhaps if going back to Leeds in the future, we would choose a hotel closer to the centre and more expensive to avoid encountering stags/hens...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed our Halloween evening. Here are Ibis Leeds we have some very talented staff who can put together good theme nights, preparation is now underway for Christmas! The staff will appreciate the feedback as much as I do.

I'm sorry to hear there was noise disruption and regard the alarm, thankfully this was a false alarm however we were forced to start an evacuation for the comfort and safety of our guests.

I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Alistair Good
Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dijon, France
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Good comfort, excellent room service; the hotel is situated very near the city centre but accessible by car. The only reserve I have is that coming down to the restaurant at 10:30 for breakfast, there was no much left although continental breakfast was supposed to be available until noon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to yuor stay with us at Ibis Leeds centre. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our breakfast times are as follows:-

Monday - Friday
Early Riser (Continental Breakfast) 4am - 6:30am
Hot Buffet 6:30am - 10am
Late Riser (Continental Breakfast) 10am - 12 noon

Saturday & Sunday
Early Riser (Continental Breakfast) 4am - 6:30am
Hot Buffet 6:30am - 12 noon

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,
Alistair Good
Assistant Manager
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights room only for £75. A real bargain. Staff good, place clean, bar lacks atmosphere but we didn't really go in it. Room adequate. Free wifi. About a 20 minute walk from town so not bad considering what we paid. On a busy road so wouldn't stay if had to keep the window open! Would go back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
SarahSiddons, Front Office Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, Alistair Good
Hull
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I recently booked a room for my daughter as a birthday treat. On arrival they refused the booking and charged my daughter (whom is a student) for the room. This left my daughter in Leeds for a full day and night with a lack of funds for her trip. When I called the hotel and tried to explain Id booked the room as a birthday gift they wasn't interested and pursued to charge my daughter. Ive never been treat like this by a hotel before, nor have I heard of anything more ludricous. The fact my card has been refunded is useless as I do not live in Leeds and my birthday treat has been ruined by this company. The customer service is appauling !

Room Tip: Do not book as a gift, chose a different hotel, this is on a main busy one way road and the staff ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about Ibis Leeds Centre. As previously outlined it is the hotels standard procedure to take a Pre-Authorisation of the Card used at the time of booking, this verifies card ownership. I am sorry this wasn't clear to you at the time and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I hope your daughter enjoyed her stay with us. Kind Regards, Alistair Good
dublin
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in quite a few hotels in Leeds, most of them costing more than the Ibis. Have to say,all things considered, this is the best. Modern room, friendly staff, food was very good. Was a bit concerned about the amount of stags and hens staying but the room is quite well soundproofed. Will use again when in Leeds.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Alistair Good
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It's literally an ill wind that blows no one good: on the day after the worst damage since the Great Storm of 1987, rail companies are honouring tickets on alternate routes and days, offering refunds and generally pitching in; Ibis are sticking to the letter of their contract on non-refundable bookings, and offering alternative dates at rack rates for reservations made and paid in good faith months ago. Aside from running their own online reservation system, and answering the phone (after 23 rings on two attempts) = no customer service, but a tidy profit. I even cancelled the room online so that another stranded traveller might use it: the polite but powerless receptionist didn't think to ask about that.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly. Kind regards, Alistair Good
falkirk
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel a few times. Staff are usually very good and friendly and the rooms themselves whilst basic are clean and comfortable. No onsite parking though so you need to find one for yourself. The main car park next to the Royal Armouries is probably the best price wise and at least its secure. Hotel is ideally situated for the city centre and the local attractions

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds centre. Your feedback, which is much appreciated, will be passed onto the team. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future. Kind Regards, Alistair Good