“Clean Hotel & Friendly Staff, No Car Park”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Clean Hotel & Friendly Staff, No Car Park”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night. It took us a while to find the car park, but it is literally just opposite the hotel. The car park is pay by mobile, so the best thing to do is download the app before you stay at the hotel. In total we were charged £4 for parking. The car park charges from 8am so make sure you set your timer going again otherwise you may get a parking ticket. Annoying but thats the modern day for you!

The hotel itself is lovely. Clean and has all the things you need. Extra pillows, tea/coffee. Also a hair-dryer which is useful to me, saves me from carrying my own about.

The staff are all friendly and the breakfast is very nice. I was happy with my stay and I will stay again.

Room Tip: Higher up the better
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us. A very true point about the car park, the best option is to use 'Park Mobile' App or pay over the phone as this saves plenty of time!

Your feedback will be shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Leeds.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Got an offer and thought its great taken our little dog with us. Rooms spacious, facilities fantastic, very clean and very friendly staff. Always greeted you with a smile and a warm friendly personality.
When staff have these qualities it more than ads to a very welcoming stay.
We are frequent travellers and found the most appealing of this hotel they serve breakfast from 4am till 12pm and check out was 12 midday.
I always thing when ever you stay in hotels you have the pressure of early breakfast and check out.
But i woukd like to point out the only nevative was the parking. As unfortunately on a weekend you can only from 6pm until 8am. If you dont want a parking fine you have to set alarm to get your parking ticket. £3.70 for 5 hours.or less if you want to stay less.
We took our little dog and it cost us £5. Actually cheaper than kennels and nicer to have him with us.
Would go back for an other night out.
Best bargain hotel we found so.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us here at Ibis Leeds Centre. I'm delighted to hear such feedback about your stay. I'm sure the team will be happy to read this as well.

I look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Upon arriving, the hotel reception staff were friendly and helpful making me feel welcome and at ease. I was placed on the first floor as requested when booking the hotel because I do not like using lifts.

My room was extremely basic as you would expect for a cheap room. Upon first entering the room, I thought it was a good deal for the money I paid until certain things started to stand out as being terrible.

The mattress on the bed wasn't actually a mattress, it was a piece of 2" foam on the hard base of the bed. The bed wasn't very comfortable because of this and I had a terrible night's sleep.

The sink smelt terrible when the tap was on, like rotting eggs.

The bathroom door didn't shut, one end was around an inch higher than the other and even from the outside, with great force, I could not shut the bathroom door. It's just a good job I was staying in the hotel on my own and not with a friend, as this would have been terribly embarrassing.

The room was also freezing, I had to sleep in four tops and a scarf to try and keep warm and the thermostat on the wall did absolutely nothing!

In the morning, the hotel staff told me they were stand in staff and didn't seem to know anything about checking me out of leaving my bags there for the day. This is slightly worrying when you're handing your bag over with your possessions in!

The hotel, however, is within a brisk 10 minute walk of Leeds train station which was very handy and there's a coffee shop near by to pick up a coffee and breakfast in the morning. Overall, because of the poor nights sleep and the freezing cold rooms, I would not choose to stay here again. Having stayed in these 'budget' hotels before, I have previously had no problems, but when staying in Leeds again, I will be staying elsewhere!

From reading others reviews, I think my room must have been a dud room! A poor night's sleep on a piece of foam in a freezing cold room where I couldn't shut the bathroom door. Not what I expected!

Room Tip: Do not choose room 114!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 0113 396 9000/ H3652-DM@Accor.com.

Kind regards,

Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stay at Ibis hotels quite often but this was my first visit to this particular Ibis hotel - it is very nice and modern and very clean and the staff very helpful. It is good value for money for a centrally located hotel. The car parking is a bit of a bind as Kirkstall Road is VERY busy and when you have luggage to carry it is a bit of a hike up to the crossing. Compared to other Ibis hotels the room & bathroom were relatively small, OK if you're on your own but would be a bit of a squash for two.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your recent visit to Ibis Leeds Centre. Your feedback is very important to us. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Ripon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting Leeds , it was easy to reach from the motorway links and still in easy reach of Leeds town centre when walking , the paid car parking opposite was not to bad but you do take your life in your hands trying to cross the busy road in peak traffic if you do not walk all the way to the crossing , the hotel was very quite and the back out curtains certainly did the job , we were on the 8th floor and had no issues , in fact a good nights sleep was had . The ironing room on our floor was a great asset to have . The rooms do border on budget type but are clean and do the job the check out at 12 is also very good if you want to nip into Leeds for a couple of hours of last minute shopping before departure , will use again

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words further to your stay with us, this is much appreciated. For your next stay please note there are 2 pedestrian crossings, one at either end of the car park, a much safer way to cross the road.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here on a number of occasions . The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. Excellent value for money. The overnight parking just across the road is cheap and convenient.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre. I'm delighted to hear such feedback. See you on your next visit to Leeds hopefully!

Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We often use Ibis ,so have some expectations.This one was fine with a better than average meal from the standard menu and a good breakfast, all fresh with no exaggerated display sizes, which is obviously good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback further to your stay with us. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the Food & Beverage Manager who will be happy to read your feedback. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.