“Good value!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Really pleased with this hotel. Very friendly staff, clean modern rooms, free wifi, tv and inexpensive breakfast. Car park is just outside the hotel and is free between 10pm and 8am. The reception girls were very helpful as well.

1 Thank Hubert F
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre. Your feedback will be shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Alistair Good

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is my second time staying here with my girlfriend. I book 2 nights over the Valentine’s Day weekend on the 12th floor; the room are lovely and reasonable price, a lot of room and a lovely bathroom room. It’s very nice on the outside and inside, always clean and 30mins walk from trinity shopping centre. Staff’s were keen to hurry there check in procedure without a proper welcome to the hotel.
I was highly disappointed on the prices they charge for tooth brushes and other toiletries amities (toothpaste, shavers etc). I went down ask for a tooth brush not expecting it to cost £2 and it was a cheap toothbrush at that. snickers at the bar cost £1.50 and on average it would cost minim of 80p making 100% profit on it and because of the location of the hotel it’s a disadvantage to step out to a shop and buy what you need because no shops was not within walking distance avg 25+ mins walk away maybe.
The staff never at the desk whenever I come down. there never a bar staff on duty properly as the receptionist would have to stop what she is doing and then serve me which is very time consumption.
I called ask for 2 extra towels and I was told they don’t offer room service and that anything I need I will have to come down for it. Very poor service
Would not be a 1st option for me staying in Leeds due to bad service on my 2nd trip there.

Room Tip: 12th floor nice over view
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis Leeds Centre, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis Leeds Centre and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Grimsby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night. It took us a while to find the car park, but it is literally just opposite the hotel. The car park is pay by mobile, so the best thing to do is download the app before you stay at the hotel. In total we were charged £4 for parking. The car park charges from 8am so make sure you set your timer going again otherwise you may get a parking ticket. Annoying but thats the modern day for you!

The hotel itself is lovely. Clean and has all the things you need. Extra pillows, tea/coffee. Also a hair-dryer which is useful to me, saves me from carrying my own about.

The staff are all friendly and the breakfast is very nice. I was happy with my stay and I will stay again.

Room Tip: Higher up the better
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us. A very true point about the car park, the best option is to use 'Park Mobile' App or pay over the phone as this saves plenty of time!

Your feedback will be shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Leeds.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Got an offer and thought its great taken our little dog with us. Rooms spacious, facilities fantastic, very clean and very friendly staff. Always greeted you with a smile and a warm friendly personality.
When staff have these qualities it more than ads to a very welcoming stay.
We are frequent travellers and found the most appealing of this hotel they serve breakfast from 4am till 12pm and check out was 12 midday.
I always thing when ever you stay in hotels you have the pressure of early breakfast and check out.
But i woukd like to point out the only nevative was the parking. As unfortunately on a weekend you can only from 6pm until 8am. If you dont want a parking fine you have to set alarm to get your parking ticket. £3.70 for 5 hours.or less if you want to stay less.
We took our little dog and it cost us £5. Actually cheaper than kennels and nicer to have him with us.
Would go back for an other night out.
Best bargain hotel we found so.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us here at Ibis Leeds Centre. I'm delighted to hear such feedback about your stay. I'm sure the team will be happy to read this as well.

I look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Upon arriving, the hotel reception staff were friendly and helpful making me feel welcome and at ease. I was placed on the first floor as requested when booking the hotel because I do not like using lifts.

My room was extremely basic as you would expect for a cheap room. Upon first entering the room, I thought it was a good deal for the money I paid until certain things started to stand out as being terrible.

The mattress on the bed wasn't actually a mattress, it was a piece of 2" foam on the hard base of the bed. The bed wasn't very comfortable because of this and I had a terrible night's sleep.

The sink smelt terrible when the tap was on, like rotting eggs.

The bathroom door didn't shut, one end was around an inch higher than the other and even from the outside, with great force, I could not shut the bathroom door. It's just a good job I was staying in the hotel on my own and not with a friend, as this would have been terribly embarrassing.

The room was also freezing, I had to sleep in four tops and a scarf to try and keep warm and the thermostat on the wall did absolutely nothing!

In the morning, the hotel staff told me they were stand in staff and didn't seem to know anything about checking me out of leaving my bags there for the day. This is slightly worrying when you're handing your bag over with your possessions in!

The hotel, however, is within a brisk 10 minute walk of Leeds train station which was very handy and there's a coffee shop near by to pick up a coffee and breakfast in the morning. Overall, because of the poor nights sleep and the freezing cold rooms, I would not choose to stay here again. Having stayed in these 'budget' hotels before, I have previously had no problems, but when staying in Leeds again, I will be staying elsewhere!

From reading others reviews, I think my room must have been a dud room! A poor night's sleep on a piece of foam in a freezing cold room where I couldn't shut the bathroom door. Not what I expected!

Room Tip: Do not choose room 114!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations. I would like to discuss this with you in person. Please could you contact me on 0113 396 9000/ H3652-DM@Accor.com.

Kind regards,

Douglas, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stay at Ibis hotels quite often but this was my first visit to this particular Ibis hotel - it is very nice and modern and very clean and the staff very helpful. It is good value for money for a centrally located hotel. The car parking is a bit of a bind as Kirkstall Road is VERY busy and when you have luggage to carry it is a bit of a hike up to the crossing. Compared to other Ibis hotels the room & bathroom were relatively small, OK if you're on your own but would be a bit of a squash for two.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your recent visit to Ibis Leeds Centre. Your feedback is very important to us. I hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Ripon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting Leeds , it was easy to reach from the motorway links and still in easy reach of Leeds town centre when walking , the paid car parking opposite was not to bad but you do take your life in your hands trying to cross the busy road in peak traffic if you do not walk all the way to the crossing , the hotel was very quite and the back out curtains certainly did the job , we were on the 8th floor and had no issues , in fact a good nights sleep was had . The ironing room on our floor was a great asset to have . The rooms do border on budget type but are clean and do the job the check out at 12 is also very good if you want to nip into Leeds for a couple of hours of last minute shopping before departure , will use again

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words further to your stay with us, this is much appreciated. For your next stay please note there are 2 pedestrian crossings, one at either end of the car park, a much safer way to cross the road.