“It met my expectations”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 27 February 2014

When most "bedbox" chain hotels in the area were £90+ per night but this one was £62 you have to understand that this is a real budget hotel and therefore expectations need to be adjusted to cater for that.

However I still expect a clean room and a good nights sleep with everything working.
And that's exactly what I got, can't ask for more.

Add to that check in was quick and easy, there is a bar and I believe there is a breakfast facility.

So my overall view is that it does its job very well, and I wouldn't hesitate in staying again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank arthurh
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us.

I'm delighted to read such feedback. We hope we can accommodate you on your next visit to Leeds.

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

One night stay was ok for one night. I'm a big hilton fan and obviously this isn't in the same league but it did the job.
Staff were friendly and helpful at check in. Room on the 8th floor - quiet and not near a lift as requested.
Rooms are like something you would expect to find on ikea. Basic - no coat hangers so make sure you take your own. The bathroom remiss me of a pop up one and the light in there is like the search lamp at colditz.
The bed however was really comfy and I got a pretty good nights sleep.
My one issue was actually how warm it was in the room. I was roasting at various points throughout the night.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback further to your stay with us.

I'm delighted to hear you had a nice sleep in our new Ibis 'Sweet Bed'. (The You Tube Clips are worth watching!) Your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay at the Ibis in Leeds where we come to visit our daughter who is at uni here. I am not too familiar with the standards in budget hotels but for the money, this one probably does exceed expectations. The hairdryer (one that is powerful and one that you actually get to plug in rather than those ridiculous attached to the wall, weak things) is provided, which was great! The room is perfectly functional with an easy to clean shower room. The staff are friendly and the hotel is located well for accessing Leeds centre and station. We did notice a shortage of staff in the restaurant/bar area in the evenings but no one seemed to be too concerned about waiting for what seemed an age to get served. I don't think we'd have any problems about staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Really pleased with this hotel. Very friendly staff, clean modern rooms, free wifi, tv and inexpensive breakfast. Car park is just outside the hotel and is free between 10pm and 8am. The reception girls were very helpful as well.

1  Thank Hubert F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre. Your feedback will be shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is my second time staying here with my girlfriend. I book 2 nights over the Valentine’s Day weekend on the 12th floor; the room are lovely and reasonable price, a lot of room and a lovely bathroom room. It’s very nice on the outside and inside, always clean and 30mins walk from trinity shopping centre. Staff’s were keen to hurry there check in procedure without a proper welcome to the hotel.
I was highly disappointed on the prices they charge for tooth brushes and other toiletries amities (toothpaste, shavers etc). I went down ask for a tooth brush not expecting it to cost £2 and it was a cheap toothbrush at that. snickers at the bar cost £1.50 and on average it would cost minim of 80p making 100% profit on it and because of the location of the hotel it’s a disadvantage to step out to a shop and buy what you need because no shops was not within walking distance avg 25+ mins walk away maybe.
The staff never at the desk whenever I come down. there never a bar staff on duty properly as the receptionist would have to stop what she is doing and then serve me which is very time consumption.
I called ask for 2 extra towels and I was told they don’t offer room service and that anything I need I will have to come down for it. Very poor service
Would not be a 1st option for me staying in Leeds due to bad service on my 2nd trip there.

Room Tip: 12th floor nice over view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis Leeds Centre, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis Leeds Centre and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night. It took us a while to find the car park, but it is literally just opposite the hotel. The car park is pay by mobile, so the best thing to do is download the app before you stay at the hotel. In total we were charged £4 for parking. The car park charges from 8am so make sure you set your timer going again otherwise you may get a parking ticket. Annoying but thats the modern day for you!

The hotel itself is lovely. Clean and has all the things you need. Extra pillows, tea/coffee. Also a hair-dryer which is useful to me, saves me from carrying my own about.

The staff are all friendly and the breakfast is very nice. I was happy with my stay and I will stay again.

Room Tip: Higher up the better

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us. A very true point about the car park, the best option is to use 'Park Mobile' App or pay over the phone as this saves plenty of time!

Your feedback will be shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Leeds.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Got an offer and thought its great taken our little dog with us. Rooms spacious, facilities fantastic, very clean and very friendly staff. Always greeted you with a smile and a warm friendly personality.
When staff have these qualities it more than ads to a very welcoming stay.
We are frequent travellers and found the most appealing of this hotel they serve breakfast from 4am till 12pm and check out was 12 midday.
I always thing when ever you stay in hotels you have the pressure of early breakfast and check out.
But i woukd like to point out the only nevative was the parking. As unfortunately on a weekend you can only from 6pm until 8am. If you dont want a parking fine you have to set alarm to get your parking ticket. £3.70 for 5 hours.or less if you want to stay less.
We took our little dog and it cost us £5. Actually cheaper than kennels and nicer to have him with us.
Would go back for an other night out.
Best bargain hotel we found so.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us here at Ibis Leeds Centre. I'm delighted to hear such feedback about your stay. I'm sure the team will be happy to read this as well.

I look forward to welcoming you all back in the future.