“Our second (complimentary) stay!”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We first stayed in this hotel September 2013, and after an awful nights sleep and bad service we were offered another nights stay for free.
The hotel is clean, and modern with nice furnishing and there was no doubt that the room itself was lovely!
However the room itself was BOILING!!! and with no way of helping this we had to open the window, and being located on a ring road, sleep was very minimal!!
However staff were lovely and breakfast was great!
Wouldn't stay again though!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind comments about the room, food and our staff.

Your feedback will be shared with the team and i'm sure they will be delighted to read it.

Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,277)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed at Ibis Leeds Centre Hotel Friday 14/03/14 and it was fantastic. I checked in that evening and the receptionist girl at front desk was very welcoming which straight away made me feel so much at home away from home. Right from the reception the place was so clean, my room was very clean and tidy way beyond my expectation, the bathroom was kept clean and it made me settle and relax without any worries. In the morning i had some breakfast which came with variety so it was good for me to make choices with the great help of the friendly restaurant staff.
For me what i liked best was the cleanness and tidiness of the place plus the friendly staff, thank you Ibis Hotel Leeds Centre

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are very quieter and gives an excellent view of the city of Leeds lights at...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind review further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre.

I'm sure the team will be delighted to read the review as much as I am.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I pretty much agree with most of the reviews here. The rooms are basic, dingy and the bathroom is like a space capsule. The rooms do get hot. The window is not that easy to control (flings wide open like a deadweight taking you with it). It seems to be a wind tunnel area too especially noticeable the higher up the building you are so not advisable to be climbing on furniture and messing about with windows. The area is a hotel quarter, so there is a lot of choice available if you feel that Ibis are living up to the budget label but not the quality badge. The menu on the other hand is surprisingly good for a budget hotel. The check in and out was fast - no problems with the staff at all!

Room Tip: If travelling by train do note that the location is not that close by foot. You have to walk over s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your recent stay with us.

We appreciate all feedback and take on board comments raised.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Leeds.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

After reading some reviews after booking, I was put off a bit, but the hotel was lovely. Comfy beds, very quiet and clean, yes the rooms are basic, but what do people expect for the money. Staff friendly and helpful and breakfast lovely.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I'm delighted to hear you were impressed with your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre. Feedback about the Ibis beds are appreciated, take time to watch the recent award winning video clips about our Ibis Sweet Beds, these are available on YouTube.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stay here at least once a year. You know what to expect. I don't particularly want an atmospheric bar but I like a comfortable bed. The room was hot. Strong smell of urine in the bathroom. People OK

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us.

I'm sorry to hear the bathroom was a let down. Your feedback will be shared with the housekeeping department.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Leeds.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 18 March 2014

8 of us stayed at the ibis on Sunday 16th march. Check in was noisy and receptionist not that welcoming. The hotel reception area was being vacuumed so hearing was difficult. Once checked in our room on the 10th floor was very clean and met our needs, room was a little too warm for our comfort and we couldn't seem to turn the heating controls down.

For sake of ease we decided to stay at the ibis for an early evening meal before leaving for our evening out. We were shown to our table at 5.45 pm. There was one other couple there wanting to eat also.. We ordered drinks and food. The drinks arrived but the food arrived one hour later.. BY that time we were all extremely hungry and I have to say not one of my party of eight enjoyed our meals. The food was cold, my "sustainable fish" was awful. I cut into the batter which disintegrated into nothing. The chips and peas were cold. Two friends had gammon with the strangest of accompanying plated potatoes and vegetables.. Other friends had piri piri chicken (minus any sauce! Everyone declared it the worst meal they had ever had.

I did complain but was only offered apologies and not solutions..

We went for the breakfast next morning and that was perfectly acceptable and value for money.

I did complain again after breakfast about our dining experience and was again met with apologies but no solutions. I think that was bad management.

A restaurant is only as good as it's chef. If you want people to return then you gave to value the customers. We were made to feel like passing trade and not valued customers.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the quieter the room. Do not be tempted to dine in just for sake of ease. Take...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre.

I'm sorry to hear you had received such service on your recent visit. Your feedback will be shared with the relevant Heads of department to ensure this type of service isn't given again.