“Perfectly adequate basic city centre hotel”
Review of Ibis Leeds Centre

Ibis Leeds Centre
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Lymington, England, United Kingdom
“Perfectly adequate basic city centre hotel”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

It's not the Ritz but its location and general situation are good. Easy to find off the M1, it has an inexpensive public car park opposite the entrance which makes up for not having its own.

As other reviewers have said, the rooms are small but adequate, and I particularly liked the ability to turn the heating down - not every hotel has this, or is working if offered. The bathroom cubicle is a self contained plastic pod that has been walled up in the corner of the room with shower, small sink and WC, a bit flimsy to be honest but nothing actually fell off or broke when I used the facilities, so I can't complain! The large bed was very comfortable, and I measured the sound levels in the room at 8am (next to a main road and with residents leaving their rooms for breakfast) and the ambient sound was a very creditable 19db.

Breakfast was extra but well worth the £7.95, the usual buffet style offering, excellent bacon but disappointing scrambled egg (this dish always disappoints in budget hotels, sadly) and strangely the only tea bag on offer was The Earl Grey (from Twinings) which I personally like, but many may want a cup of "builders tea" and it didn't seem to be available.

Actually this was my first stay at an Ibis, it was great for what it was, a cheap(ish) city centre hotel with a reasonably priced bar and breakfast tariff. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms appear to be on the side away from the main road, but the room I stayed in on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IbisManagementTeam, Assistant Manager at Ibis Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for kind comments further to your stay with us at Ibis Leeds Centre. Your comments will be passed onto the team. Key points such as breakfast will be passed on to the Food & Beverage Manager, We do offer a full variety of Twining's tea and I am unsure why these weren't available for you.

I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Leeds.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leek, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The rooms were clean, but small. The showers are a bit like portaloos and when anyone walked down the corridor outside the shower wobbled. Very basic hotel and would appeal to youngsters on hen/ stag nights. If you want luxury don't go there but for a basic, cheap bed for the night this is ideal

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay with us. Feedback is very important to us and is much appreciated.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here one weekend in March with my friends and was really disappointed. Rude staff, horrible rooms - too expensive for what you actually get. Really disappointed, wouldn't go back. There are much nicer places in Leeds that are closer to the centre. Don't waste your time here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review.

I'm disappointed to read such feedback. Feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss this matter further H3652-DM@accor.com / 0113 396 9000

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Probably best get the snobbery out of the way first. I would normally never go near this type of hotel. But i'm quite proud to say i faced up to my demons, experienced it, and would certainly consider (this one) again.

I was in a pickle. Last minute stop over in Leeds, needing to be in a meeting the next morning that had a tricky location, due to some roadworks on certain roads in central Leeds.

We use a nifty online booking system at our company, so this popped up, and i uttered the words that we all use 'oh well, it's a bed for the night'.

I was pleasantly surprised, reception and bar area was simple, clean and modern. The room, while small, and clearly designed and built on a shoestring, was again, clean, simple and contained everything i needed. I think i'm even becoming a fan of the 'pod' style bathroom.

So nothing more to add really, it's great value, it's located well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind review further to your first visit to our hotel. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Such feedback is much appreciated. I hope you will continue using us on your trips to Leeds, it may be an idea to join our FREE Le Club loyalty scheme, points make benefits!

scotland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I booked this as I wanted somewhere near to the Leeds General Infirmary to see my son. Only 5/10 mins from hotel. I had phoned the previous day as I was anxious to have a quiet room as it is on the main road (and I agree with the previous review about trying to cross the road to get to the carpark - even more tricky for my son who was on crutches!) The receptionist was kind enough to allocate me the 12th floor - at the top. The room is very basic but it was clean and reasonably comfortable. I had no problems with the room temperature and the window opened easily. We ate in for convenience and it was fair - expensive for what it was.
Would I stay again? I paid £68 for the night without breakfast - I would definitely book into the Premier Inn if I was looking for budget - the beds and pillows are much more comfortable and sleep quality far better.

Room Tip: The higher the better I'd imagine - but you cannot really get away from the city noise or noisy...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post a review further to your stay.

I'm delighted to hear that the team were able to meet your request regards the bedroom location. To access the hotel safely from the car park there are 2 seperate pedestrian crossing, one at either end of the car park, this makes it much safer to get to the hotel.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We first stayed in this hotel September 2013, and after an awful nights sleep and bad service we were offered another nights stay for free.
The hotel is clean, and modern with nice furnishing and there was no doubt that the room itself was lovely!
However the room itself was BOILING!!! and with no way of helping this we had to open the window, and being located on a ring road, sleep was very minimal!!
However staff were lovely and breakfast was great!
Wouldn't stay again though!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind comments about the room, food and our staff.

Your feedback will be shared with the team and i'm sure they will be delighted to read it.