“An excellent visit”
Review of Moorlea Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leeds
Moorlea Hotel
Ranked #64 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Blagnac
“An excellent visit”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

A perfectly clean room. Friendly and helpful welcome. The staff couldn't do enough to help and advise us. They will be seeing me during all the school hols next year to visit my daughter who will be studying in Leeds. If only they could have stopped the rain, only joking!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DeborahBlagnac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Godalming
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We booked 3 rooms for one night before my son's graduation at Leeds University. The staff were friendly and the rooms were quite reasonably priced with 1 single room with wash basin, 1 single with shared bathroom and a double ensuite.

Glad we were so close to Leeds Uni as it would have been too much of a rush if we had not been within such short walking distance.

Loved the cooked breakfast - the only thing that REALLY got my back up was that they wanted more money for proper coffee which I have never had to do before at a B+B or hotel. We were told the money goes to charity - to be honest I couldn't care less where the money goes -it just annoyed me that we had to all fork out extra. I don't drink instant coffee!

Apart from that I would recommend this hotel

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank IngGodalming
Lancashire England
Reviewed 10 December 2011

After reading two previous bad reviews (which I think is fairly obvious were the same person) I phoned the hotel before booking and spoke to this "terrible racist person" who of course was nothing of the sort!
I booked and then arrived on a Saturday afternoon and found both the owners really nice and chatty with good advice.
We were not shown to our room, however, but were given the keys and told to go to room 3.
Not the largest room in the world, but it was ensuite and that was all we required.
During the night, however someone from room 4 (next door) got out of bed and the noise of the creaking floor boards woke us up (the walls are not very thick either) but it was only £50 per night for two of us which is very reasonable for Leeds.
Breakfast was cereal,tea or coffee and juice and toast unless you wanted a cooked breakfast for £5
Overall the stay was good and cost effective, thank you

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LesPne
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed in a non en-suite room, I found no inconveniece with this, the communal bathrooms were clean and comfortable. The location is great for the Universities, Headingly or Leeds City Centre. The cooked breakfast is an optional extra, and great. The staff I met were fantasically helpful, friendly and a pleasure to speak to. It was exceptional value for money compared with the city hotels and I wanted for nothing. I booked online, and was contacted to get an estimation on when I would be arriving. The directions provided were clear and easy to follow.
In short I found it Friendly, Clean, Comfortable and Great Value, it's a lovely little bed and breakfast, and I will gladly stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank james p
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2011

The Moorlea Hotel in Leeds where my teenage daughter and I shared a twin room not ensuite in March 2011 is a lovely old fashioned warm comfortable guest house with tastefully decorated spacious rooms and breakfast room and is very reasonably priced. The full English breakfast was very nice and saw us through the day till tea time. Its also very handy for Leeds University. The staff are very friendly and chatty. Its great value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jayne H
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Great value for money. Very close to Leeds University. Very nice staff. We got free breakfast upgrade from continental to full English. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kudlexomiak
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 19 October 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 1 week while he was working at the University. The location is great. It's a 5 minute walk to the University and about 15 minutes to the train station. The accommodations were great and Albert provided us with anything we needed (he always asked us if needed anything in our room). Since we are huge coffee drinkers he even went out of his way to get ground coffee and french presses for our stay! We will definitely stay here again. Thank you Albert.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business