“Wonderful & caring hospitality - thank you”
Review of Moorlea Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leeds
Moorlea Hotel
Ranked #64 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Bristol
“Wonderful & caring hospitality - thank you”
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I would recommend The Moorlea to anyone visiting Leeds University. Albert was wonderful - he couldn't have been more helpful and easy-going. The room was warm and cosy. The beds were comfy with spotless bedlinen. I was so glad that I choose it over a budget chain hotel.

Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
UK
Reviewed 14 September 2009

I stayed at this hotel with two teenagers to visit Leeds university campus. We had a room with four beds which was very spacious, extremely clean and comfortable. The en-suite shower room and toilet was also spotless and the free toiletries were lovely.

Breakfast was included in the very reasonable price and was very good. The hotel is only five minutes walk from the campus and about 10 minutes walk from the centre of the city.

The welcome was very friendly and the staff were very helpful. I was even given a parking permit to enable me to park outside all day long.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to someone needing a convenient and comfortable overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Liverpool
Reviewed 23 November 2008

I have stayed here twice now... under new and old management and I have to say I wasn't disapointed in any way. Service is friendly with a warm welcome on arrival. Breakfast is lovely and included in the price of the room. Bathrooms, bedrooms and linen was all very clean and overall just very good value for money. I found them to be very non-judgemental on appearences (we're all metallers) and there was no complaints when we let ourselves in at stupid o clock in the morning. Will definatly be staying here everytime I'm in leeds.

• Liked — Friendly and helpful staff
  • Stayed August 2008
manchester
Reviewed 16 November 2008

Stayed here last saturday after having to leave another BnB.
This place is lovely, recently renovated and is spotless.

Warm and welcoming, clean rooms, lovely sheets, new bathrooms. I will be definatly staying here again for my trips to leeds.

• Stayed November 2008
Heanor, Derbyshire
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Myself and 3 of my friends stayed on Saturday night as we were having a girly night out in Leeds for the first time. We were made to feel really welcome and we really enjoyed our stay and night out. The hotel is currently under renovation but created no noise for us during our stay. The rooms themselves were finished and were bright and modern. Breakfast was nice too. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Very close to the city centre and only cost us £3 in a taxi.

• Liked — Very Modern Rooms
  • Disliked — It wasn't finished as it was under renovation but hopefully it will be when we return.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Cheshire
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Very friendly hotel - well run and the best breakfast in leeds....
my stays are business trips rather than pleasure and as I regulary stay in hotels across the country I have to look for value for money - which this hotel always delivers on the 3/4 times I book in per year ... ideally situated for the city centre.

P Taylor

• Liked — friendliness cleanliness breakfasts and location for the city
  • Disliked — wasnt anyhting i disliked - wouldnt stay if there was
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
Sydney
Reviewed 29 February 2008

We Googled "accommodation/guest houses in Leeds" and in our price range, felt that the Moorlea would suit. It stated family-owned but had 2 managers who were pleasant enough and the dining room and breakfasts were good.
However! The stairs to our 2nd floor room were very steep and narrow and being more mature in years, found these a little difficult. We booked a 3-bed room. It was very small with only just enough space to move around. The bathroom had been renovated, as per their website, but the shower recess was so tiny, that we couldn't easily get in between the two sliding doors. There was hardly enough room to dry oneself. The bathroom was not cleaned each day. Towels had seen better days.The sheets were worn thin and the beds had plastic undercovers which russelled all night. One fitted bottom sheet didn't fit and was half way down the bed by morning. The door to our room made a dreadful noise which would have been offputting to other guests.
In short - a little tired overall.

• Liked — The English breakfast
  • Disliked — Tired and worn bedrooms
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple