“Touch of Rome and New York in trendy Chapel Allerton, Leeds”
Review of Grinders - CLOSED

Grinders
Cuisines: American, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 August 2014

If want to experience a true taste of Italy and New York, call in at Grinders on Harrogate Road. For relatively modest prices, you can enjoy delicious coffee with a kick, freshly made and brought to your table with Italian charm. The sandwiches are scrumptious and the pastries to die for.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This a great little coffee house - a quality haven of strong, quality coffee with fantastic and indulgent treats - a far cry from the commercial giants that seem to dominate city centres and high streets. We've yet to sample the focaccia, but this place isn't going anywhere!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I always find Grinders to be a nice friendly place to visit, especially on a sunny day. It serves good coffee and food with the Italian platter and Romano Sausage being my wife's and my favourites.

A visit can be a little pricey but I think that's down to our weak will and all the temptations on offer!

Great to have some competition for the likes of Nero in Chapel A.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Needed a quick bite for lunch and saw Grinders. Nice outside table in sun we were delighted with a good authentic Italian coffee, sandwiches and pastries which were excellent. We have visited. Italy several times and this food was as good. Will eat here again

Reviewed 2 July 2014

In a rush, needing a boost, I dropped into Grinders before I had to leave Leeds to drive long distance. A black coffee was served surprisingly quickly given that the man behind the counter was furiously busy and multi-tasking successfully! He explained that it would be strong, as he adds two espresso shots to a black coffee. And by thunder he was right. Strong, great depth of flavour. I will be back there on my next visit to Leeds, and will use it to the exception of other coffee outlets.

I did not try the food, but the pastries on display looked delicious, and the food being served also looked good as it was being delivered. The atmosphere is very nice, the decor both modern and classic at once, clean and stylish.

Nichola C, Owner at Grinders, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Grinders would like to thank you for your review, really pleased you enjoyed your coffee, next time you stop by pastries are on us, hope to see you again next time you are in leeds.