“Only come here if you are partying”

Clayton Hotel Leeds
Ranked #12 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 22 December 2013

It's not a bad hotel. it looks great, staff are friendly and rooms are what you pay for. Breakfast is a tenner and cheaper in the bar. The staff didn't know what a cafetiere was though haha.

If your visiting over a weekend with a group of friends it's the perfect place...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank funkyskunky
Michael S, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear funkyskunky!
Thank you very much for your feedback and review.
I am pleased to announce that the team are now fully trained on what a cafetiere is! On a serious note, we have reminded the team of the importance of product knowedge and certainly the basics.
During the weekend we do have a large proportion of our guests staying here for leisure purposes, be that shopping, partying or visiting friends and family. Mid week takes on more of a corporate feel.
Many thanks again for your comments and hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.
Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This was my first and last time i will stay at this hotel.We on the first floor and was kept awake all night by staff moving furniture below are bedroom window till 5 am , they talked loudly and laughing i am glad they was enjoying themselves as we did not. Cooked breakfast was luke warm, so was the coffee. the hotel had no tickets to let us out of the car park, staff said that they would see us and let us out , this never happened, after waiting ten minutes we had to ring them from the car. The only plus to our stay was the room was clean and tidy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DianeW,
Many thanks for your review.
I am glad to read that you found the rooms to be clean and tidy.
At the time of your stay we were encountering some challenges with the car park barriers and machines, so please accept my apologies for that. With reference to the team moving tables and chairs through the night, I will address that matter with my colleagues. We don't actually have any bedrooms over our function room, but the tables and chairs were being transported through the terrace for storage. Again, please accept my apologies for the disruption and I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We went for our xmas party the food was ok could of been a bit warmer the staff were friendly. Good location easy to get there. Didn't have to wait to get served at the bar. I would recommend it to people .

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank RothwellMaria

Dear RothwellMaria,
Many thanks for your review and comments.
It is great to see that you would recommend us - I will certainly pass your comments on to our Chef with reference to the food.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hotel staff very friendly rooms very clean and tidy.walking distance close to city centre, lovely full english breakfast, also did a varied of other options for breaky loads to eat. lovely hotel décor. very relaxing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Michael S, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear halfpint123,
Thank for you you review.
It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of our facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was booked into this hotel as part of a team for our Christmas celebrations and monthly team meeting.
I could only suggest a few changes to the hotel. Overall it was perfect for what we needed which was: somewhere for a central location, pre-evening drink, sleep, shower, breakfast and meeting room. The hotel is spending money in tidying up. It has updated it's bar area and on the floor I stayed (fifth) having the marble floors ground down and re-polished which had already been done in the entrance (can you imagine them doing that at Travel Lodge? didn't think so) and was looking great.

Rooms: Clean, comfortable beds, windows that open really well (I personally like fresh air in the room while I sleep) TV, safe, ironing board.

Breakfast: A bit school canteen style for service, yet fresh, hot, tasty with a good choice.

Meeting room: Tidy, spacious, not overly equipped (we didn't get any note paper, not sure if this was normal or not so no big deal), drinks service was great.

Only tips for improvement - a more luxurious towel.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely yes!
Would I recommend it to you? Yes I would

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mysteryshopper75,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.
We have invested significantly in the hotel over the last 6 months, with a complete refurbishment of our public areas, upgrade of the TV's in the bedrooms and now currently in the process of renovating all of the marble work throughout. we are also reviewing our towel choice and going through the various suitabilty tests!
Thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed here in the Summer with my partner and daughter and had a lovely overnight stay. The staff were fab & the room was clean, comfortable and roomy. We had food in the bar...lovely atmosphere. Catered for all our needs; we arrived quite late and still were able to order without question. Food was freshly prepared despite the time and high quality.
Ate breakfast in the restaurant the following morning - huge range on offer!! Offered continental, full English as well as fresh fruit/cereal etc. Couldn't decide so had both hot and cold!
Met manager - he was courteous and happy to spend time discussing our stay & reason for visiting Leeds.
Overall great stay - highly recommend :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Victoriakate1981,
Thank you very much for your review.
It is superb to read that we looked after you well and the team were so accommodating.
Hopefully you are visiting Leeds again soon and choose Bewleys!

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Last minute booking and I had never heard of this chain before, but, I was generally impressed with the hotel.

It is about a 10 minute walk from the train station and seems quite a new build. check in was a breeze and I was allocated a room on the 2nd floor.

The room was a good size and had everything you could need from a business hotel. it was clean and well appointed.

Dinner was included in the rate and when I arrived at the restaurant at 9.30pm it was empty and my order was soon taken.

WOW is the only thing I can say about the food...it was fabulous and apart from licking the plate clean there was nothing else I can say about it.

A very comfortable bed and had a great night sleep and felt refreshed...which is what you want from a hotel really.

Would I recommend it...hell yes! If you are ever in Leeds I would recommend you stay here, you will get a warm welcome and great food!

Room Tip: Get an executive room