Clayton Hotel Leeds
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
1,645 results
All reviewsinkwell barcity centreunderground car parktriple roomfriday nightlovely hotelsingle bedno air congood sizereception staffhotel baran ironhen partytrain stationdecent hotelwould stay againbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a girls weekend ., one night stay at 108 per room.. No mini bar or breakfast!!
Substandard rooms with I'm comfortable beds and hard pillows!!
Too far from the centre of Leeds so had to taxi!! Then made to feel like prostitutes when we came home from the night club by staff .. Demanding our names and room numbers!! Would never stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lisa A
Michael S, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Lisa,
Many thanks for your review.
I would be keen to understand better your comments on our rooms - substandard to what for a 3 star hotel I am not quite so sure about! With regards to the proximity to City Centre, we are 0.5miles on foot which is approximately 10mins walking. Some guests choose to taxi, some to walk. At weekends we do have security on. Again, I am not sure how being asked your name and room number to make sure you are the correct people stayng with us (for the benefit of both your reassurance and that of other guests) would make you feel like a prostitute?
Breakfast is available to all guests, either payable inclusive in your rate, on check in or in the morning.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for one night between university visits in two cities. The check in staff were helpful in allocating a room not directly above the noisy bar/restaurant area. The room was clean, comfortable and the decor and furnishings of a decent standard. The location wasn't great, on a busy main road, and the walk to the station and city centre was about 15 mins along a busy road and through the railway underpass. Despite the traffic noise, I had a pretty good night 's sleep and didn't hear any disturbing sounds from neighbouring rooms or the corridor.

The breakfast was a total waste of money. I didn't think you could go too far wrong with a cooked breakfast, but this one was pretty inedible and I would definitely give it a miss another time. Unfortunately, there are no local cafes as an alternative, so you are a somewhat 'captive audience' unless you want to 'venture forth' on an empty stomach or drop in at the Tesco on the way into town.

Apart from that, I would give Bewley's a thumbs up and stay there again if I needed to stay overnight in Leeds

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor or higher and not at the far end nearest the dual carriageway
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Lottielocco,

Many thanks for your review. I hope your University visits were sucessful!

It is pleased to read that the team on the desk accommodated you with your room choice and that you were undisturbed by the traffic. I must apologise for your breakfast experience - I have passed your feedback on to the team and look forward to them working their magic!

Thank you again and I hope we can welcome you back to Leeds in the furture.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The type of hotel does what you would expect. Functional, clean, decent food and all for a good price. Location is slightly out of the centre and you are faced with a nice walk through the railway underpass to get into the centre but otherwise can't complain about this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Ben R,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. It is great to see that we had everyting you needed during your stay and found us good value for money.

I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Leeds.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Arrived in Leeds for the Test match at 10am. Room not ready but we expected that returned at 6pm room still not ready - not what we expected ! Didn't get an explanation or reason. While I expected not to get into the room at 10am I assumed it would be ready by 6pm considering on your day of departure you have to be out of your room before lunch.
Breakfast the following morning - I was told by an unfriendly unhelpful young lady " its buffet, its in there, help yourself."
At checkout experienced the same attitude from the staff on the desk - They didn't ask if I had enjoyed my stay or had had any problems - I felt like they were only interested in getting my money.
On a positive the hotel was clean, the breakfast was very nice, room was comfortable if a little too hot
Wont be going back would rather try another hotel in the city

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Allison M
Michael S, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Allison M,
Many thanks for your review.
Please accept my apologies for the poor service experienced. It is surprising to read but nonetheless we have addressed it with the releavnt departments and should hope that this lapse is not repeated. The personality of our team is something that we pride ourselves on and is particularly dissappointing to read when we have dropped the ball.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope that we do have the opportunity to show ourselves in our true form in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Me and my wife stayed here yesterday for one night so we could venture out into Leeds to see what the night life was like.

We booked online and checked in on the same day. The staff on the front desk were helpful and we were told that the car park was £10 for an overnight stay which we thought was good as it was secure. We wanted to take our car out during the night and come back in with it later on, which wasn't a problem. We just went to the front desk and they gave us 2 tickets once we had paid the £10 so that we could leave for free.

We had a double room on the 6th floor. The hotel was clean throughout and we our room was lovely. The bathroom was clean, the bedding was clean and the bed was comfy too. We had tea and coffee in our room as well as an iron and ironing board which was handy.

Checkout wasn't until noon which we thought was beneficial for those going out.

One thing to be aware of is taxi drivers that will try rip you off. This hotel is approx 0.6 miles from the centre of town and myself and my wife walked both ways because the taxi drivers wanted to charge £10 for a trip that is a 15 min walk at it's best to the centre of town.

Will stay here again, if the price is right!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear KCDCharles,
Many thanks for your review!
There is not much I can add other than 'thank you' for your comments and that is great to see you had such a good time here at Bewleys Leeds.
I hope we can welcome you back again in the future!