“Nice little place”

Moments Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bestin Leeds for Breakfast & Brunch with seasonal Lunch options, house made pastries. Serving locally roasted coffee, fairtrade teas & with choice of wines, beers and cocktails.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I found this cafe when trying to find restaurants for dinner (on Trip Advisor) and being around the corner from our room-only booked hotel I thought we would try it, given the ratings. I had a very delicious porridge with honey and dried fruit. My husband had a full English (which came with a salad, which seemed a little odd). Nice, super friendly staff. All very nice, and a lovely story as to the origins of the cafe off the back of a ten pound note! I would go back again but at another time of day as it was very nice but my hands down favourite breakfast is eggs Benedict which sadly wasn't on the menu. I am a cake fan though, and they looked scrummy and were excellent value. Clearly a lot of care goes into the food which shines through.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Went here today for some lunch... Pleasantly surprised!!

Went here with a friend and was welcomed by the very friendly and clearly passionate owner.

Very friendly service.

The food is great and very very well priced. We had the burger with parsnip crisps (moist, cooked well and perfect hearty lunch size) and the Meatball pasta (delicious!!).

Had just enough room left to enjoy the homemade cakes which were great. Carrot cake was moist and full of nuts hmmmm. The brownie was very indulgent with a great dark chocolate eat!! Enjoyed all of the above with some great coffees!

Will definitely be back again and will be telling friends to visit.

One day soon I'll be competing against this style of place but until them I'll simply enjoy my visits there!

1  Thank Benn1983
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This little cafe was stumbled upon almost by accident when looking up restaurants for a dinner in Leeds; but being reviewed as one of the best places in Leeds and amazing for breakfast meant that we had to check it out for our breakfast the next morning. The reviews could not be more accurate! The waitress was extremely welcoming and friendly, both drinks and food were served promptly and were absolutely delicious...the selection of foods is far better than many places offering the same old breakfast options!

The only downside to this place is that I was disappointed to see how quiet it was - for the food and service provided, the place deserved to be packed full and I hope more people begin to visit in the future ! Far far better than any regular cafe. Also it is open all day so I'm pretty sure the lunch options would be just as good !

And for three breakfasts and two drinks it came to £13 which is so good in comparison to prices charged elsewhere for a bog standard brekkie.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I'm finding moments is the perfect venue whenever I'm in Leeds, coffee or lunch on the go, coffee and cake with friends, informal business meetings or as an evening venue to hire out for events - particularly as the location is so central in Leeds and handy for the train station or getting onto the motorways. Agne makes everyone so welcome and the food, even simple dishes, just tastes amazing! Moments has the edge on the chains and there's a new cake to try everytime I go - and I love my cake!
The freshly made smoothies are a current favourite of mine too :)

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The best breakfast, coffee and cakes in Leeds. You could not ask for more. Little touches like homemade brown sauce, mayo and their own unique Moments Blend makes them stand out from everybody.

1  Thank Maria R