“Moooverlous :-)”

Price range: US$16 - US$39
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Championing premium local produce and offering a refined yet relaxed menu, Rare is a one-of-a-kind hideaway in Leeds. Enjoy succulent, whole roasted chickens served on a spike, freshly muddled cocktails, and meats brined, braised and slow-cooked in house for melt-in-the-mouth flavours. Chunky wood tables, free Wi-Fi and a range of eclectic specialist newspapers and magazines aid the laidback ambience at Rare restaurant, while local DJ legend Lucy Locket curates bespoke Rare playlists.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Moooverlous :-)”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Ate at Rare last night. Good choice of beers on (from Ilkley brewery), food was excellent and staff v friendly - cant ask for anymore! We even sat at the table with the massive stuffed cow overlooking us!

• Visited July 2014
Matthew075, Owner at Rare, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Can I first congratulate you in getting the words Moo into a review, excellent work.
Secondly we are really glad you enjoyed your time at Rare, just how it should be.

Thanks,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The ultimate restaurant experience!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Recently went to Rare as a spur of the moment meal for a friends birthday. Cannot say enough about the food and service at this restaurant. As someone who has worked in the service industry for >5 years I generally have high expectations for a meal of this calibre. Needless to say Rare met and surpassed my expectations. I shared a large porterhouse with my friend along with a few sides. The presentation and quality of the food is some of the best I've had. The steak was an excellent cut and perfectly cooked. The service is informative, friendly, yet understated making the whole experience one to remember.

Highly recommend Rare to anyone looking for some good grub!

• Visited June 2014
Matthew075, Owner at Rare, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
This is a really kind review and is what our jobs are all about. Giving our customers a fantastic, informal restaurant experience.

May I add that the Porterhouse is a choice well made.

Thanks for taking the time to review us,

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“excellent evening”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Told to go here by friends and wasn't disappointed food was fantastic and service was great couldn't fault the place and having a bar upstairs was a bonus. Will defiantly be going again.

• Visited June 2014
Matthew075, Owner at Rare, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Short, kind and to the point.
Much appreciated.

Harrogate
“Best burger ever great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I only eat meet rarely !! So when I was told about rare I thought I've got to try this !! I was in no way disappointed !! I've never had a burger like it ! Staff were great ! And then to top it off my friends and I sat in the cool upstairs bar and yet again had the best martini cocktail !! Highly recommended !

• Visited July 2014
Matthew075, Owner at Rare, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Seemed like we did our jobs well, I'm really pleased.

We mince our burgers in house, I'm glad the extra work gets noticed. The bar guys will also be pleased that their Martinis are getting the respect they deserve!

Thanks for taking the time to review us,

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I think I'd built up my expectations a little. But when the staff say it's gonna to be one of the best steaks you'll eat why not but at £30 just for the steak which was a 400 gram porterhouse I expected it to be amazing and it was no better than I'd griddle at home from my local butchers.
Service was fine apart from the salt shaker I was given was empty. The Ilkley brewery beer was excellent and the courtyard although overlooked by derelict buildings was pleasing to sit in on a mild evening.

Visited June 2014
Matthew075, Owner at Rare, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We are really sorry that your steak wasn't to the standard you and we expect.

Could you mail me at matthew@eatdrinkrare.com.

I'm really keen to ensure we checked that you were enjoying your meal and followed the other key elements of our order of service.