“lovley night in leeds”

Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Limerick, Ireland
“lovley night in leeds”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

loved the stay helpful staff clean well kept rooms which lived up to the standard would definatly recomend this hotel and we stayed with kids staff gave good directions and rooms were well kept the resturant next door not as good expensive and not very clean but the hotel is still a good option

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
OpsMgrLeedsEast, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Hi Samahern,

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds East Premier Inn

Premier Inn Leeds East

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

The hotel is "OK" but the pub/restaurant next door is terrible. They advertise special offers for lunch menu which is incorrect. When i questioned them on it they just said it was not their fault. The WIFI in the hotel is almost unusable. The staff and rooms are fine although the issue i had with the pub next door was not dealt with

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
OpsMgrLeedsEast, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Dear Richard a,

Thank you for your review, we are very disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel & the Orchid Brown Cow & Dragon bar/restaurant next door.
After speaking to the restaurant manager food is served in the pub 12pm-9pm,there is also a separate menu called the dinners club which is served 12-3pm daily.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.Or email operationsmanager.leedseast@whitbread.com & i will then be able to investigate the issues raised further.

Kind Regards
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Reception staff were excellent and extremely friendly and genuine, as were the night staff, cleaning staff and general hotel staff. As usual, the rooms were the standard for Premier, clean, comfortable and the standard we expected. The pub restaurant next door was superb, with ample food and a great cooked breakfast. The staff again were really great and everything you would expect. Overall, we had a great night and despite having some problems with the bathroom fan which was sorted out the next day, i would recommend this Premier Hotel to anyone. Its refreshing to know that there are still good hotels with caring staff who are ambassadors for Premier..
Richard - Devon

Room Tip: Reception staff were excellent and extremely friendly and genuine. As usual, the rooms were the sta...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
OpsMgrLeedsEast, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Leeds and they looked after you.
I look forward to welcoming you back at Leeds EastPremier Inn.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Room was very clean, warm and comfortable - only negative was not enough milk/sugar supplied for two people.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Would recommend avoiding rooms next to fire/security doors, as very noisy if guests returning/arriving late at night.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to internal security/fire doors - very noisy in middle of night if guests arriving...
Hi Clarkyarky,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds East Premier Inn

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We found the inn very easily with close proximity to the Leeds ring road and M1.
Our room was clean and comfortable and the welcome by the ladies on reception was very friendly. They recommended the eatery next door, with a pub downstairs and Thai restaurant upstairs.
We opted for the Thai and were not disappointed at all. The staff were pleasant and the food was amazing. We cant recommend it highly enough.
Breakfast was served in the bar the next morning and there was an extensive choice as you would expect from any Premier Inn breakfast. The thing that made this particular one stand out from the rest was the lady who showed us to our table. She was so bright and bubbly with all guests and had a chat with everyone. A lovely lady who obviously enjoys her job and knew what she was doing. A great credit to the Brown Cow & Dragon.

Room Tip: Higher floor may be preferential as we got a bit of noise from the room above, but didnt spoil our s...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi AnnCoe,

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cornwall
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Having had a great stay in the hotel, my husband was speaking to some of the receptionists who said it's great for them to receive some feedback on tripadvisor for others to see. So I thought I would share my experience.

On arriving at the hotel firstly I must say the car parking is ample and is free which is great. When we entered the hotel we were greeted by two lovely receptionists who were great, effecient at checking us in but still very friendly and welcoming, asking about our visit and having a laugh with us in a friendly manner (I recall their names were Charlotte and Kim). Secondly, the housekeeping staff were great too, they made an effort to say hi and smiled as we walked by in the corridor, as we walked past reception I asked the receptionist who a certain housekeeper was that stood out for me, this housekeeper had been very pleasant to us asking about what we had planned for the day and held the doors open for us, her name was Laura. Thirdly, the rooms were to a good standard, although quite basic, they have everything you need and were very clean. Finally, I must comment on the restaurant next door. The Brown Cow & Dragon is just a pub downstairs with a thai restaurant upstairs. Well I guess I may have expected too much from just a pub dinner, but after ordering the food came out 35 minutes later, which is a long time for a pub. It was also slightly warm but definitely not the usual temperature for a meal, not being one to complain I carried on eating my meal. Once we had finished I was suprised to find that nobody came over to the table to ask how our meal was and it took them a while to come over to even take away the plates, we had to ask if we could order desserts or drinks, I would have thought being sat down at a table they would come over to ask. That being said, the breakfast the following morning was great so it sort of made up for it in some way although not completely. If I were to stay here again I would probably eat at a different restaurant near by. I have still marked the hotel 5 dots because I am marking this solely on the hotel side, the hotel was wonderful and the reception and housekeeping staff were excellent and very helpful. I would only recommend others to be wary of the restaurant next door when choosing to eat there in dinner hours.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the top floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi andreajj2,

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves, especially Kim & Charlotte.
Thank you also for recognising Laura from the housekeeping team, I will make sure i share your comments with her & the rest of the housekeeping team.
I will be sure to pass on your comments with regards to the restaurant on to the Brown cow & Dragon manager.
I look forward to welcoming you back at Leeds East Premier Inn. Kind regards,

Operations Manager Premier Inn
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a stop over on the way to Leicestershire to see family. We like staying in premier inns because they always uphold a good standard and we weren't disappointed by this one! On check in the staff were great, very welcoming and pleasant, always smiling and very helpful, we were even offered some hot chocolate! The room was clean and warm (sometimes they can be cold in this weather!) and everything worked fine. We had read some reviews saying the restaurant next door to this hotel isn't the greatest (to my understanding it isn't a whitbread owned restaurant it is part of orchid so not the same company) but we ate in the Thai restaurant upstairs and it was amazing! Breakfast in the morning was also great, staff in the restaurant were very helpful. To top it off we had a great nights sleep - overall a great stay, I would stay again in future when travelling.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
OpsMgrLeedsEast, Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
Hi Dandeliomerry,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay at the Leeds East Premier Inn.
I am delighted that you had an excellent stay with us. My team will be very happy to read that they were very welcoming, pleasant & helpful throughout your stay (hope you enjoyed your hot chocolate)
I am glad you also enjoyed the restaurant next door and I will be sure to pass your review on to the manager so that he can also share with his team.
We look forward to seeing you in the near future.