Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel
  • Restaurant
Myrtle House(Garforth)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbrown cowpub next doortemple newsamadjacent pubretail parknight's sleepfamily roomthe ground floorgood nights sleepcar parkcity centreexcellent staycooked breakfastroom was spotlessfollowing morningwould stay againpleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here prior to a hospital visit at St James University hospital which is only a few miles away so ideal location for hospital.
When we pulled up the area seemed a bit scruffy but the good thing about all premier inns is that they are normally to a certain standard.
The bar/restaurant next door looked nice so decided to get dinner. There was a Thai restaurant upstairs that we decided against but heard it's meant to be nice. Instead we went for the bar menu which was very basic and to be honest not that great. The garlic bread was very greasy and the burger wasn't that great either. My mum had a salad that was very spicy so she clykdbf finish it. It was good value though just not great food!
The rooms were clean and nice and comfortable. We had a twin which was a massive double bed and a small single bed. Staff were very friendly and we got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: October 2013
OpsMgrLeedsEast, General Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your very kind words about our team and bedrooms Laura.. They are very much appreciated and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back at Leeds East Premier Inn. Kind regards, Vida & all the team at Leeds East.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here last week.Staff could not do enough for me,very pleasant.
Room was typical Premier Inn,but the noise from the floor above was unpleasant.
I could hear every step that the person above me made.
If you are going to stay here, ask for a top floor room or you may not have a very pleasant stay.
The Thai restaurant next to the hotel is fine,but breakfast in the Brown Cow was an experience that I do not want again.Dis-organised is an understatement,not enough staff and the food was of a low standard.They did not even have any Butter.

Room Tip: Ask for a Top Floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. We are currently getting our floobpard insulation assessed so hope to decrease all the internal noise our guests experience. I am sorry you experienced a disorganised breakfast service with us, please contact me directly at teh hotel to discuss: (0113) 2645676. II look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds East Premier Inn. Kind regards Vida & all the team at Leeds East

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Easy to find, just off the M1. Perfect for St James Hospital as only 15 minutes drive away, and not through the city centre. Usual Premiere inn comfort. I found the staff exceptionally friendly, helpful and caring. Didn't find it especially cheap though.
Food served in the Brown Cow just next to the inn. Food ok, a bit basic, and not a lot of choice for vegetarians. Although there is also a Thai restaurant upstairs which I didn't go to.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for your comments on our comfortable rooms. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Vida & all the team at Leeds East.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We almost always pick a Premier Inn if we want a budget hotel for the night. We also use Travelodge, but find that the quality can vary tremendously. In my experience, Premier Inns are always of the same high quality.

Plus points - very friendly staff, nice spacious room, excellent bed, comfortable bedding, choice of pillows, tea/coffee facilities.

BIG minus point at this hotel - We were in room 116. The room above us had VERY noisy floorboards when people were walking about. This wouldn't have been a great problem, except that the occupants were up at 3.30am (perhaps leaving early for a flight?) and the noise of the creaky floorboards kept me awake for over an hour. Once they had left their room, it was quiet and fine.

When we stop here in the future I will ask for a room on the top floor.

I explained the problem at reception as we checked out, and the lovely receptionist said that she would arrange a refund under the Premier Inn Good Night Guarantee, but so far, nothing...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
OpsMgrLeedsEast, General Manager at Premier Inn Leeds East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us Roy. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay, however I am sorry that your stay you did not get a good night sleep. You will be pleased to lknow we have had a survey carried out with regards to replacing our floorboard insulation so we do hope next time you stay with us this won't be an issue. Please contact me directly at teh hotel to discuss your refund under our Good Night guarantee so I can confirm the refund details: (0113) 264 5676. Kind regards Vida & all the team at Leeds East

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This Premier Inn is just on the edge of the Temple Newsam house and estate, so even though it is less than a mile from the M1, it is very quiet. It's ideally located, being just a mile walk to the train station - and for a couple of quid you can get a return to Leeds. The pub/restaurant next to it is The Brown Cow and Dragon and has an authentic thai restaurant upstairs, although you can order at the bar and eat downstairs too. The thai food was delicious as well - all washed down with a couple of pints of Leeds Brewery ale. Stayed here for four nights and managed to get all at £29 per night, so excellent value. Have stayed at dozens of Premier Inn's and this was one of the best. Premier Inn continental breakfast at £5.25 per person is great value too - all the fruit, toast, croissants, cereal and juices you want! Staff were friendly throughout!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

e are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay & we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. · Kind regards Vida & all the team at Leeds East