“Still the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: American, Fast food, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Description: Boss Burgers aims to create the very best in handmade gourmet burgers. Our ethos is fresh, honest food with solid provenance. We use only the best grass fed Yorkshire cattle, with select cuts from Dexter, Longhorn and Galloways going into our patties. Our burgers are made with love at our site with meat minced by us. No messing about. Our menu offers delicious flavours and great value, we have beef or veggie patties and chicken fillets. All cooked to order. Open for lunch and dinner, take away or eat in.
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Still the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I thought it was time I completed the menu and tried the Moozadell, it didn't disappoint, basically these burgers are burger perfection and the Boss fries are damn tasty too. I think the winning burger is the goats cheese and chilli, closely followed by the smokeback mountain. If you like burgers and you haven't been here yet then what are you waiting for??!

1 Thank Ste B

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Visited a few times now, real shame this place isn't nearer the southern badlands (Middleton). The burgers are almost perfect lacking only the tiniest amount of fat and seasoning; being a burger purist I like to skip the boss mayo and go for a cheese burger with TK and mustard. Good flavour and texture and not too much bun. My 8 year old son enjoyed the chicken burger, well grilled with no dry edges... Not a fan of the fries, over cooked and too sweet, on the right track in terms of thickness and to compliment the burger the fries need to be less oily and more crisp. It's all about the burger though and they are almost perfect.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ben S
Leeds
“Best Burger in Leeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We fancied a quick bite on a Sunday night so we took a drive over to Boss in deepest, darkest student-ville in Headingley. The menu is concise and doesn't muck about. Burgers, fries, drinks, ice cream.

The burgers are the best in Leeds and blow everything else available out of the water. Only when Original Fry-Up Material visited Trinity Kitchen have I had a better burger in Leeds.

The Boss boys do it right. Great meat made into cracking, properly seasoned burgers that are juicy and delicious and all the toppings are great and compliment the patties brilliantly. Good brioche buns hold it all together.

Two of us ate well for the price of a single meal at Byron and the burgers were much better. The only (slight) downside was the fries. Hand cut and tasting good, they just lacked the crispness you need with a burger.

Don't be put off by the location. This place is definitely worth a trip. We'll be back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HobbittRabson
Barnsley, United Kingdom
1,138 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,796 helpful votes
“One of the best burgers I have ever eaten!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This little burger joint, hidden away in the Hyde Park area of Leeds is well worth hunting out. Fantastic, juicy burgers cooked to order, with toasted Brioche bun & your choice of extras, served with fries to die for.
This is a 'Food Hero' type place, where the owner/chef has a real passion to serve the very best of ingredients at a reasonable price. Totally sensational burgers!!

1 Thank Leedsaway67
LEEDS
“Spot on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I'm an awkward so and so that only eats British meat - other reviews caught me eye about how good the locally sourced produce was.
I live the other side of Leeds and had to drive, I know the area but still found the unassuming place a little tricky to find.
Needless to say my young daughters and myself are already planning another visit here - Cracking burgers! Room to eat in if you fancy, but others come and go for takeaway. Thankfully I'm not a local or a student or I'm sure I'd be either skint or piling on the pounds nipping into this place as I'm sure their wares could become very addictive.
Keep up the good work Boss Burgers an absolute burger gem amongst the corporate and lousy.

Visited August 2014