“Believe the Hype!”

Boss Burgers
Ranked #231 of 1,928 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$7 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Boss Burgers aims to create the very best in handmade gourmet burgers. Our ethos is fresh, honest food with solid provenance. We use only the best grass fed Yorkshire cattle, with select cuts from Dexter, Longhorn and Galloways going into our patties. Our burgers are made with love at our site with meat minced by us. No messing about. Our menu offers delicious flavours and great value, we have beef or veggie patties and chicken fillets. All cooked to order. Open for lunch and dinner, take away or eat in.
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I popped into Boss Burgers for lunch after working with a client nearby and after reading the rave reviews on TripAdvisor.

Admittedly, I only had a burger (The Smokeback Mountain), however this is without a doubt one of the best burgers I have ever had. The flavour of the burger was incredible and although it wasn't huge, the quality and taste cannot be debated.

You can get a burger, chips and a drink for around £10, so value for money is not bad at all!

When I am back in the area, I will definitely be back. Do not let the look of the small establishment put you off, the food is incredible!

2  Thank Neel A

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Wow. I can honestly say that the smokeback mountain burger is the best burger that I have ever had. Very enjoyable food, very clean premises and very friendly staff. I would definitely recommend going off the beaten path to find this place.

1  Thank David J
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We took friends to this 'restaurant' based on reviews on Tripadvisor. First impression wasn't great as it's more of a cantina style takeaway with a couple of tables and we had expected the full monty sit down experience.

However, reservations aside the burgers are absolutely incredible and so too is the service. Dead simple menu with half a dozen choices served with what can only be described as school dinner fries (which in my book is a very good thing - I loved those sort of chips!). The buns are brioche and the beef and fillings are classically American. Even better, there is an off licence next door and you can pop out to get whatever you want and bring it back.

If you want great burgers in a very chilled atmosphere this is the best place in Leeds bar none. Miles better the GBK and the new Byron place in the City Centre. Boss indeed.

1  Thank LRodger6
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have visited this place 4 times now, and each time I have been impressed by the operating style of the place. It is small and takes a little finding the first time but it proves well worth the effort. So now when we want a decent burger we are happy to drive over from Morley.

There isn't a big choice, which I think works well, as it means that they concentrate on getting the listed items right.
My partner is a Texan and pronounced these burgers well up there in her popularity stakes. We have tried several of their offerings, and I can say all are very good indeed - a large tasty burger with the right trimmings, in a very tasty bun - I can't stand massive white bread buns which mean you end up saying 'too much bread' - here they have got it just right.

The staff are welcoming and very pleasant , and clearly committed to their job. The place is quite small, and certainly clean with just a small seating area. I think most of the clients are for take away, so we have been able to sit down and eat with no problem on our visits. I also like the way you can just go next door to pick up a beer to have with your burger if you wish!

All in all a great small burger joint which definitely deserves to succeed, will recommend and certainly keep coming back.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I thought it was time I completed the menu and tried the Moozadell, it didn't disappoint, basically these burgers are burger perfection and the Boss fries are damn tasty too. I think the winning burger is the goats cheese and chilli, closely followed by the smokeback mountain. If you like burgers and you haven't been here yet then what are you waiting for??!

1  Thank Ste B