“Boring!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Boring!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I managed to persuade my teenage son to venture out and had heard about a new art space opening in Leeds. It was easy to park and the building had character but the exhibitions were complete rubbish! We lasted 20 minutes and I tried to make it interesting for my son but we spent more time looking at the lift than anything else. This is a tragic waste of a building which has potential if used correctly. I think a visit to The Hepworth Gallery in Wakefield or Leeds art gallery would be far more fulfilling for anyone!

2 Thank Jo K

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a lovely surprise”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I visited The Tetley with my young family over the half term holiday, and had an absolutely wonderful time. The building is beautiful, the staff are extremely friendly, and both my children were thoroughly entertained with the arts activities. They were especially enamoured with the record player, and absolutely loved sitting at the bar.
We didn't have anything to eat there this time, but the menu looks very inviting and the cafe area was extremely relaxing.
I would recommend this to anyone looking to step away from the hustle and bustle of city centre shopping. A lovely surprise.

1 Thank Claire I
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Has potential but massively underused.”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I visited here with the children for the advertised half term activities- boy, were they disappointed! Firstly, the positives: The building is lovely and there is plenty of parking which, I thought, was reasonably priced by Leeds' standards. Right, now for the rest....
We arrived at about 10:45am and when we went in, we felt we were interrupting something- in fact for a second I was unsure if the place was even open! We were too early for the activities so decided to visit the cafe. I ordered soft drinks, a coffee and toasted tea cakes and the quality was all ok. What was annoying, however, was the service or indeed lack of. The food arrived with no cutlery or napkins and I had to remind them I was still waiting for the coffee. Tables were not cleaned and, to say there were a fair few staff milling round, nothing much appeared to be getting done.
We wandered upstairs to see the exhibitions and what a disappointment. Rooms were half empty and there appeared to be no coherence. There wasn't much to hold our interest at all. We stayed for the half term activity which involved the children drawing robots. This was free to be fair however the whole thing seemed badly thought-out. There weren't enough tables set out or enough materials for the amount of children participating. I know there was no charge but there was just a sense of staff bring woefully under-prepared, especially as it was half term!
This was such a disappointment and we will not return - a real shame as it seems to have so much potential.

1 Thank Swordfish017
Solihull, United Kingdom
234 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 246 helpful votes
“Has potential!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

So glad we visited this iconic building. There had been some thought out into the spaces and rooms but it just has so much potential! Maybe the exhibits are just a bit too 'clever' and maybe the building itself is a little too hidden! Indeed, it took us ten minutes to decide if we were allowed to enter! This really could be so much more. I would be so pleased to visit again in a couple of years to find proper signpost, exciting exhibits and a real sense of welcome.

Leeds, Yorkshire
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Very disappointing....”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I expected some interesting exhibitions and perhaps some memorabilia from the brewing days. There was little of either! The whole concept of this venture seems ill thought out and I cannot see it suceeding if it continues like this. It is a lovely building with a fascinating history and it is such a shame to see it under-used like this

1 Thank Allexie08