Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries
Clayton Hotel Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$111
US$90
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$71
Hotels.com
US$89
  • Restaurant
Ibis Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$42
US$156
US$82
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewspizza expressclarence dockcity centrehi expresscar park next doorstayed at the holiday innscrambled egg and beansfree breakfasta multi storey car parkdiscount voucherminute walkself servicequiet locationwhat it says on the tinyogurtfriday nightstayed for one night
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed here on saturday for one night. We booked 2 rooms and found both to be clean and spacious. They weren't next door to each other but we didnt request this anyway and we didnt mind although we were only a few doors away and they did apologise.
One of the sofa beds weren't made up on arrival but they did sort this out and brought up some bedding later whilst we were out for the night.
We were there as part of a hen party and there did seem to be quite a few other hen parties and groups, which suited us but may not suit others looking for a quiet time!
Breakfast was good, with a decent choice and seemed to be replenished often.
The only down fall was the customer service, and in fairness to the staff it was busy and there was only one person on reception when there really should have been two. We had to wait about ten mins to check in and the staff member was obviously stressed so meant that they weren't quite as courteous or friendly as we would like but it was obvious that she was busy and rushed off her feet so its understandable. overall we would return if we were in a large group but it perhaps wouldn't be our first choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Holiday Inn

I stayed here a few years ago but was a little disappointed this time. The walls have become scuffed and in the shower a gap had opened between the walls and ceiling. Despite the hotel's policy of not changing towells every day unless required, I had a housekeeper knocking on my door one morning before I had dressed, to give me a bundle of clean towells!

The nearby Starbucks that I visited when last here has closed, defeating my pan for a convenient alternative to the the complimentary fried breakfast. A number of shops in the Clarence Docks area where the hotel is located have also closed, I guess the result of the economic downturn. Fortunaetly the Tesco convenience stored is still there.

This is still a pleasant and quiet location. It helps to know the route to and from the city centre partly along the river side walk, which you will not get from Google maps.

Holiday Inn Express still charge for WiFi. Maybe Caffee Nero will take the old Starbucks giving guests free WifFi nearby!

Despite these provisos, I'd still consider staying here again if I'm in the fine city of Leeds.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed our location. I do apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 September 2011

Stayed overnight before seeing a gig in the city centre. Very odd place. Blairite era glass buildings, crammed full of apartments you can see being marketed at 'young professionals'. Much promised but its eerily quiet with not a soul to be seen day or night which gives the hotel and surrounding area a strange feel. Our sleep was broken at 4 am when an argument broke out for an hour or so outside the hotel, don't know if it was anything to do with hotel, but it didn't seem as if security from the hotel tried to stop it.

Hotel itself is fine, like any other Holiday Inn. Breakfast was poor quality and had run out by the time we got down and the crockery was filthy. Fine for one night, nothing special but all in all good for the money. £46, adjacent car park, big clean, comfy rooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
IHGCare, other at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

I am glad to hear you did enjoy a big comfortable room. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the other aspects of your stay.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 August 2011

When me and my friends arrived for three nights I was told to pay a 50 pounds security deposit!( which we had three rooms) they did not tell me this when I booked the room either. I asked if the money would be taken out of my account, they said no but they hold the money for about four days! Which I was not happy about. Each member of staff told me different answers to when the.money was going back into my acccount! J had to phone my bank up which cost me! The staff were not helpful and one even rolled his eyes at me! The rooms were nice but too noisy was woken up by lorries and by their cleaners asking us if we wanted our rooms cleaned at 8am!
The breakfast was horrriabe and cold.
Would not recommend hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed in a family room with our grandsons on a trip to the Armouries, it was ideal for us. The room was very clean , the breakfast was good ,the staff friendly , the area outside was great for the boys to run around while we sat and relaxed with a drink what more could you want for £46 . we are looking to go back but this time on our own.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family