“Great value and free breakfast too”

Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good location right next to The Armouries (which is free) and theres a free breakfast in the hotel too which was nice, also free wifi. at £39 for a double room it was excellent value and I would definately use it again.

Room Tip: were gived a restricted mobility room (not requested) so had a walk in shower and big bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dean L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Str

Thank you for your review of your recent stay.

I will pass on your comments to the team and I am glad you found that the free breakfast met with you expectations and you were able to take advantage of the free wi-fi

We look forward to welcoming you back should you be in the Leeds Area

Kind regards

Dean

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was fairly quiet and very clean, with fast wifi even in the room. Breakfast was great, especially the sausages. Plenty of food and regularly replenished. The room itself was well appointed with a comfy bed, sofa, big flat screen TV with freeview and apparently, air conditioning. It was a really hot weekend in Leeds so I immediately turned on the air con (which on full blast sounded like a jet engine!) After a few minutes I couldn't feel any difference in the temperature, even though I had set it to 13 degrees. I waited another 10 minutes or so, and then decided to go down to reception. I explained the problem to the lady at the desk, and was told that on a hot day it can take up to 2 hours to cool the room down! I was advised to leave it on and maybe go out for a few hours! I decided to stick it out and had a cold shower while I waited. I left the air con con on for 5 hours straight, apart from not being able to hear the TV there was no difference at all. A very uncomfortable night because of the heat, other than that this hotel is great!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Just-pottsie

I am sorry that your stay was affected by the heat in your room. We have moved forward our planned maintenance of the system to ensure that the whole system is in working order.

Your other comments will be passed onto the team and I am glad you were able to take advantage of the free wi-fi and enjoyed your breakfast (a good quality sausage does make the difference )

We look forward to welcoming you again should you be in the Leeds area

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed for one night and got a good deal so had a room each. The location was excellent as we were visiting my son who was staying in the hall of residence less than 5 minutes walk away . The hotel bedrooms were basic but very clean and had tea and coffee making facilities and comfortable beds . Check in was a bit chaotic due to a large coach party all wanting to deposit bags but staff did their best and moved our bags to a separate office in case they got mixed up with the coach party . Breakfast was basic but there was plenty of juice , tea , coffee,toast cereal and some traditional cooked items so was more than adequate .
For what we paid we had no complaints , would stay again and got a decent and very quiet nights sleep considering the hotel seemed busy .

Room Tip: Floor 5 was quiet and the odd numbers have a very good view of the tournament arena at the royal arm...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel is in a good location, was clean and tidy however the whole experience was letdown somewhat by the breakfast experience. We stayed for one night on the Friday and went down for breakfast on the Saturday morning at around 10:00 am to find that the breakfast choices where depleted,combine this with lack of crockery and cutlery and you had the comical scenes of people eating the only choices left; sausages and scrambled eggs with desert spoons.......one resourceful guy improvised by putting some sausages in a glass and eating them with his fingers due to lack of cutlery/crockery/choice......... I've stayed in a few holiday inns before and this one wasn't up to a par with the usual good standards you find at that chains other hotels.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hameldaeme
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Hameldaeme,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. I am pleased to know that you found the hotel's location convenient for your activities.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience your breakfast experience may have caused you. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest services.

Again, thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCase

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We got an excellent cheap deal on this hotel, but after reading some of the reviews we weren't expecting much.What a pleasant surprise we got! Yes the room was basic, but it was clean and comfortable and more than adequate for our nights stay. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was fine to set us up for our day shopping. It was a short walk into the centre but taxis are cheap and plentiful in Leeds.We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We got a great advance purchase price for a Sunday night in April but later on-line we saw we had been charged an extra £30 for an extra adult, even though our son was 16 (they do have a very generous u-18 child policy). I called the national helpline and it was amended, but just prior to our stay I was sent a welcome-reminder which had charged us the extra £30. I called the Hotel's duty manager and, after some difficulty getting through, he kindly refunded it. After our actual stay, during which we had to change rooms three times on arrival due to strong cooking smells in the first two rooms (fish and chips and then macDonalds?) I later found my credit card bill showed the £30 refund, but then the day of departure the extra £30 was charged a second time!! I was unable to get through to the hotel for two days during a dozen attempts - even the national HIEx helpline couldn't get them to pick up the phone the two occasions they tried. They gave me their email and I sent them a message to call me. I got a message saying the £30 was refunded (again). I called and spoke to the duty manager and, when no offer was made, was not embarrassed to suggest a few Priority points might be deserved? After another email to remind him of this conversation I was rewarded some points which I did not feel were undeserved. Come on HIEX Leeds Armouries - you can do better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Englishlakedistrict
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Englishlakedistrict,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel as had to book at the last minute. Wasn't expecting much but the hotel was nicely decorated, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was reasonable. The only down side was that the shower head holder was loose so had to hold the shower in my hand.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DaveW321
Dean L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

DaveW321

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay.

I will pass on your comments to the team, it was very good to read that you found the hotel met with your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you again should you be in Leeds, and if you are going to be a regular visitor for your business then please ask about a corporate rate and be sure to enrol in our IHG rewards programme to earn points for each stay if you have not already done so