Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewspizza expressclarence dockcity centrehi expresscar park next doorstayed at the holiday innscrambled egg and beansfree breakfasta multi storey car parkdiscount voucherminute walkself servicequiet locationwhat it says on the tinyogurtfriday nightstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This Hotel either has a huge design flaw or every room to the left, right, above and below me, not to mention every other room on the corridor was occupied by cattle. I suspect a design flaw. Every door opening, and door closing could be heard well into the early hours, and then there was the resident from hell in the room above who was either wearing wooden soled platform shoes or was bouncing a bowling ball on a ceramic floor. A call to guest services at 12:45 had no effect.

Yes this hotel has all of the usual attributes of this chain, but I judge sleep quality quite highly. I was still awake at 2:00am.

Will not seek to return in a hurry

Room Tip: ermmm. as far away from other occupied rooms as possible.......if it is possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Dean L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Jackthebiscuit010

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am sorry that your stay was spoilt by other inconsiderate guests (labelling them as cattle is a novel noun to use to describe them). My night team do react to calls made by guests during the night if required so I will follow this up with them.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just got back from staying here for 2 nights.....the hotel is not in the city centre but is within easy reach either by taxi or 15 walk along the canals. Good base for us as we were going to the First Direct Arena.

After a long drive up from Cornwall it was great to find the staff to be excellent, extremely welcoming and accommodating nothing was too much trouble (Thanks Andy)

We did stay whilst there were stag and hens in but to be fair we did not hear any noise from them and the hotel do try to put them on the same floor so that other guests are not be disturbed....please be aware of this if you book for a Friday/Saturday night!!!

The Armouries Museum right opposite the hotel is worth a visit as is the nearby Indian Restaurant. We will return to this hotel when we are back in Leeds....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dean L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us.

I am pleased that the hotel met with your requirements and you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your thanks to Andy. It is great to read that he had a positive impact on your stay.

The hotel is indeed in a good location and an ideal alternative to the hotels surrounding the arena.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you return. Please do take advantage of our Advance Purchase Rates if you know your reservation dates as this ensures the best value for your stay. If you are not already an IHG reward member, don't miss the opportunity to sign up for this great point rewards scheme.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Pleasant location, close to the city centre overlooking the canal. Staff were very friendly and polite. IHG Platinum status was recognised and I got my free drink. The hotel is relatively modern and its clean.

Room itself was on the basic side but it was clean and relatively comfortable. Bed was the usual bouncy kind which I'm not a fan of but seems to be the HIE way these days. I did feel the room was quite hot but with the window left open it was okay for one night. Holiday Inn express breakfasts are always a big of a gamble as they tend to have some strange combinations but the eggs and sausages were pleasant enough. (pleeeeease IHG - just provide bacon!) the coffee was dreadful but it contained caffeine at least. I did feel the room was quite hot but with the window left open it was okay for one night.

Overall, not bad. Not standout great but alright.

Room Tip: The accessible rooms are by far the biggest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. I am glad the hotel met with your requirements.

We have recently made an number of improvements to our breakfast and I am very pleased you enjoyed the additional hot extra options we offer on our Free breakfast.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel should you visit the Leeds area in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Got here on Friday night reception quickly got us checked in hubby went back to reception to find out why we couldn't get into room a bit embarrassing to come back to room and find someone else trying to get into the same room! Given another room which was basic toilet runs all the time rips in quilt cover overall run down. Several guests staying for stag and hen weekends so it was very noisy at night didn't appreciate them going on until 5 am. Breakfast consisted of sausage, scrambled egg, toast, fruit and cereal cutlery dirty even at 7 am. Good for location but too noisy for us would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Dean L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear KM Rich

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am sorry that you had some issues with your room on arrival, you have not indicated if you spoke with one of my team regarding the toilet, which we may have been able to resolve. I am surprised by your comment about breakfast as this all items of cutlery are cleaned and polished before being placed on the buffet.

It is disappointing to hear that your stay was also affected by some inconsiderate guests we do allocate any known groups on separate floors to avoid any potential noise issues.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Just spent two nights here, great value for money, very welcoming and friendly staff. Good choice of food for breakfast. Close to centre of leeds and found area very quite and peaceful. Will stay again when in leeds.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear JudeJazz

Thank you fro taking the time to review your stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to my team. it is good to hear that you found our Free Hot Breakfast met with your expectations and that you had a peaceful stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon should you be in the Leeds Area.

Kind Regards