“weekend trip to leeds and york.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries

Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries
Ranked #46 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Bargoed, United Kingdom
“weekend trip to leeds and york.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very conveniently situated 200 yards from the Royal Armouries Museum Leeds. Central for the the city.Conveniently situated within easy reach of the M1 motorway and not too far from the Leeds City nightlife.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the jousting arena.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dean L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Ray t

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us

I am glad that you find the hotel easy to get to it is indeed only 10 mins form the junction off the M1 then an enjoyable walk into Leeds along the canal

We look forward to welcoming you again should you be in the Leeds area

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
northern ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel is very handy for the city centre. The rooms are basic but clean and beds are comfortable. Breakfast is acceptable and sets you up for the day...typical sausage,scrambled egg etc
Staff are very friendly and helpful. We were there during Le Grand Depart and they coped well with no hassle and plenty of breakfast available.

Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dean L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear The Shannons1

I will pass on your comments to the team, it is always good to hear that the staff had a positive impact on your stay.

our aim is to have a down to earth friendly team eager to interact with our guests even if the hotel is busy.

I hope you managed to get a good vantage point for the Grand Depart and got to see some of the great city attractions.

We look forwarded to welcoming you again soon should you be in the Leeds area
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Just stayed for 2 nights in room 213 with my wife. Room was tired, old and smelt like smelly socks but most importantly it was hot weather and the air conditioning did not work. Complained FOUR times over two days and hot evenings. Got fobbed off each time but an engineer never looked at it. We Didn't sleep at all due to being so hot and left totally exhausted. We were there to celebrate our daughter graduating university and the experience of staying here really spoilt what should have been a great experience. No wonder the room smelt so bad... I've never sweated so much! We've stayed here a couple of times before and had a lovely stay. But I'll never stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Nathan P

I was disappointed to read your review of your recent stay.

Your comment regarding the A/C is not entirely correct, when this was reported on Sunday it was logged as we don't have Maintenance staff working on Sunday Evenings. The unit was then looked at on Monday and was left working

It is inevitable that items will breakdown, I have checked the room myself and the unit is working, but I will be discussing with the team to ensure they considered all options including a room move for you as the units are individual to each rooms so would have been an isolated one.

We never wish guests to be dissatisfied and I am sorry that you have felt let down on this occasion .

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

A lovely setting for the hotel. In a nice pedestrianised area next to the canal and next to the armouries (a free tourist attraction). The hotel itself is clean and friendly. Rooms are are not luxurious but are clean and functional. Breakfast is included and is enough to set you up for the day. No parking facilities but fixed overnight price of £8.00 is payable to a large multi-storey adjacent to hotel. 10-15 walk along the canal takes you into the main shopping areas.

Stayed a couple of times and would sat again.

Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dean L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Angela 230375

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay.

I am glad that you found the hotel to meet your needs, it is indeed in a good location away form the usual city centre noise that can occur.

I hope to see you again should you be in the Leeds area.

Kind regards

Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

recently stayed at the hotel as an overnight stay to see Pearl Jam at the Leeds Arena. My wife and I were extremely disappointed with the appearance of the staff and the evident lack of interest and attention given. The room was standard fare for a holiday inn express.......well designed, reasonable size etc but.....no fridge, and the room smelt damp. The toilet tiles were loose and the bathroom also smelt of urine! Otherwise the room was generally clean and breakfast ok. Disappointed, as we always choose the Holiday Inn Express as our budget hotel of choice. This one is, by far the worst and most tired we have visited. Refurbishment needed for some rooms methinks. If there were 2 1/2 points.......this would get it!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Toffee290

I am sorry that your stay did not met your expectations and that we let you down in relation to the faults in your room. We do not however have fridges in Holiday Inn Express rooms some Holiday Inns do have these in executive bedrooms.

I you could contact me regarding your date of stay as I would be interested to ascertain which staff members were on duty to follow up your comments about the appearance and attitude, you can email me direct at deanlong@hiexleeds.co.uk

Kind Regards
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for Tour De France weekend with friend. Twin room was spotless and cosy. Hotel offers free breakfast. Please note this is not a full English . You have sausages , beans and scrambled egg . toast or croissants, various cereals and fruit. Staff we encountered were all friendly. The location is really quiet and only a 7 minute walk and you are in Leeds centre.Only downside was parking. Hotel has about 10 spaces, multi storey next door do a £15 weekend ticket. First time in a Holiday inn and would use again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 24lunch
Dean L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre-Armouries, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear 254 Lunch

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I hope you managed to get a good vantage point for the Grand Depart and enjoyed the atmosphere on the day.

I will pass on your comments to the housekeeping team regarding your room.

I noted that you have said that you would use this brand again, if you have not already done so then you should consider joining the IHG Reward Scheme to gain points for your stays in any IHG brand that can then be redeemed for free stays and lost more besides.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon should you be in the Leeds area

Kind regards

Newcastle Upon Tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

So I booked this as a secret hotel on that popular last minute booking site and it was stated that it was in the city centre, well it was a 30 minute walk from the train station which isn't what I would call city centre.
I'm a travel writer and photographer writing a book about the 69 cities of the UK and as a female travelling on my own I try to pick central hotels, I am doing very badly at the moment, haha

The thing is though I discovered that this hotel is just next to the canal and the Leeds dock and what a beautiful area, I walked in and out of the city centre along the tow path and once I did that it was only really a 15-20 minute walk into the centre of Leeds and a beautiful walk it was too!

Breakfast was good and in with the price as was the wifi and as a woman travelling on her own I felt safe and secure at all times, I would definitely stay here again and I would bring my kids, family or would be happy to stay on my own.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are pretty good, from my room you would be able to watch the jousting at Leeds Armo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MandyCharlton
Dear Mandy Charlton

It is was good to read that you have such an enjoyable time during your stay with us and was able to take in the walk along the canal.

We are indeed in a quiet location in Leeds with some of the rooms overlooking the jousting arena associated with Leeds Armouries museum.

I wish you all the best with your book happy travelling and we look forwarded to welcoming you back again soon.

kind regards