Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Travel Bug
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom

Avoid the poltergeist in room 318!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 May 2016
This hotel is great value for money and is ideally situated in the centre of Leeds and no more than a 20 min walk to most places that you will want to visit. The bar area is fine and the breakfast cooked and the basic fayre that you would expect the rooms are of ample size and the bed was very comfortable. Service from the hotel team was great throughout. Two things let it down for us and hence not five stars:

- There were only decaff sachets in the room and after a heavy night out we needed lots of caffeine the next day!

- The room must be haunted! At about 5:30am all the lights in the room came on and the tv switched itself on and was blaring with sound. Upon checking out we asked if this was some form of freaky wake up system for heavy sleepers but were assured that it was not and that they had never heard of this before. I have put it down to the fact that my other half has more than her share of gypsy blood! Hope she does not read this..... However - BE WARNED THOSE OF YOU BRAVE ENOUGH TO BOOK THIS ROOM!
Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 24 May 2016
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a candid review of our property.
I am glad to know that you have regarded our location and the service from the staff great.
I am sorry for the inconvenience occurred during the night that I suppose due to a a technical problem.
We assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the maintenance departments.

We hope to welcome you again in our Hotel.

Kind regards,

4.2 miles from Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre - Armouries, an IHG Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Leeds
1,083 results
All reviews city centre multi storey stayed at the holiday inn car park minute walk breakfast was included hotel is situated yogurt would stay again good nights sleep family room canal
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2016

Whilst the room was functional but a bit shabby, I was really impressed with the warm and friendly staff. I'd arrived without deodorant so Andy on reception actually went and fetched his own so I could borrow a couple of squirts before my conference at the Royal Armouries - much appreciated. And I think it was Jenny the night before who sorted me out with a toothbrush, parking voucher and directions to the ironing room. Close to Mumtaz for an amazing indian experience. I slept well, some of my colleagues found it noisy. Roll on the decorators….

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Ciro C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre - Armouries, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Feliuhel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you had a good stay in our property.
We are always very happy when guests contact us about the service they have received. I will ensure staff members know what a great job they have done and also ensure they are recognised for their efforts.
Once again, thank you for your valued custom and comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 May 2016

as the title says, if not for discounted rates through work and this being a preferred hotel i would not stay.
its small things that make the difference.
no free paper which every other ihg hotel offers. ( you get the local monthly paper but if staying more than 1 night whats the point )
menu very, very basic and some nights its not even available.
carpets quite dirty both in corridors and rooms.
beds uncomfortable ( personal choice i know )
£8 DISCOUNTED rate to park your car in multi storey next door ( you are having a laugh )
staff are pleasant and helpful as much as they can be.
if you want somewhere within 10 mins or so of city center this fits the bill.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre - Armouries, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Dear allan s,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am pleased to know that found our staff to be helpful. On the other hand, allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to some of our amenities. Please be assured that these concerns will be looked into.

I would have preferred you had a better stay. Nevertheless, your comments are highly appreciated. Let us assure you that we are continuously working on maintaining and improving our property to ensure our guests' complete satisfaction. I do hope that we will get another opportunity to provide you with a more desirable stay.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

Using the hotel for an overnight stay I wasn't expecting the earth from the Holiday Inn and my expectations were sadly not exceeded.

The large reception area has the feel of a travelodge and was clean and tidy.

The hotel bedrooms are extremely basic, my room smelt of stale smoke and cigarettes and was extremely cold due to the window being left open clearly all day to ventilate the smell, when I complained to reception they changed my room. Again another really basic room without the odour. The rooms really could do with some updating and refreshment of the decor, the rooms are dated and poorly equipped.

The one plus point was it smelt clean and fresh unlike the first stale cigarette smelling room.

Breakfast was a huge disappointment, very limited choice, scrambled egg had to be sliced and then lifted onto the plate in slabs! The plates were dirty and tired and really needed replacing, massive negative point was that the plates were cold, so putting a luke warm breakfast of sausage bacon beans and scrambled egg onto a cold plate just meant that the breakfast was inedible.

The member of staff looking after breakfast was wiping down the sides, hot plate where breakfast was served from and the cold plate with a very chemical smelling purple liquid spray which she sprayed indiscriminately everywhere and didn't wipe off. When I asked her not to spray it near the food she said it was nothing to do with me and carried on regardless! No customer service, and a bad attitude.

When I checked out I asked reception to pass on my comments to the duty manager and expresses my concern about chemicals being sprayed near food, so far no one has had the decency to call back!

I wouldn't stay here again, especially when Leeds has a number of other hotels to choose from.

The hotel staff could go better! It isn't rocket science to listen, ask questions and put things right instead of ignoring the paying guest who ultimately keeps these people in their jobs!

Date of stay: May 2016
Ciro C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre - Armouries, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Dear James,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review.

I am very disappointed to hear that your stay with us hasn't reach your expectations, so please accept my sincere apologies, this is not the standard we are known for and proud of.
I certainly empathise regarding the points of you mentioned on your review, especially the service in the breakfast area and the poor costumer service encountered at check out, this level of service is certainly not acceptable and will be addressed with the concerned party.
I am pleased to announce that we will embark on a property modernization in the coming months, I really would like to re-invite in our Hotel to show our level of service and retrieve the trust on our brand.

I hope that this hasn't put off a return stay with us and please feel free to contact me to discuss any points further or if you are planning to come back in Leeds on 0113 3804400 or GSM2@hiexleeds.co.uk and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

My one night stay at the Armouries Holiday Inn lived up to my expectations. The welcome and efficiency of checking in was professional and friendly. I don't usually mention individual Staff, but the 2 Receptionists - Jo and Zoe - were so helpful that I must! My only slight criticism is that, although what was on offer for Breakfast was good, enlargement of the cooked food menu might be appropriate, adding say, Mushrooms and (as we were in Yorkshire) Black Pudding. I do recommend this Hotel (and if arriving by train, use the Water Taxi) and will consider staying here again.

Room tip: 2nd floor or above, facing the waterfront.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lee H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre - Armouries, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2016

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with the team especially Zoe and Jo.
We hope you will visit us again.

Lee H

Reviewed 5 May 2016

It was a clean quiet room, even though it was next to the lift. TV working, air con good,and tea and coffee facilities in room. Good spacious room. Stayed with my 11 year old daughter and she enjoyed the stay too. Reception staff were very friendly. The only downside was the breakfast, which wasn't great, but plenty of variety.Took us about 20 mins to walk into town and next door to the Armouries museum which is fantastic.

Date of stay: February 2016