Brookfield Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$141
US$128
  • Pool
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$124
US$123
US$119
US$129
US$105
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Clayton Hotel Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$90
US$82
Park Plaza Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$112
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$66
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstayed heretop floortaxi homeroom was basic but cleancity centre of leedscooked breakfastbeansnice breakfasttea and coffee facilitiesminute walkfull english breakfastensuiteacademykettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

went out for a friends birthday originally booked into a hotel called the cresent but couple of hours before arriving we got moved from the cresent to brookfield (no one thought to even ring and let us know) Arrived at the hotel to a cold welcome. The staffs attitude towards us stunk and he was very creepy and intimidating! we felt so uncomfortable we rang our parents to see if they could sort us out another hotel, he made our friend stand outside in the pouring rain whilst we got changed which was un called for! The floor in the bathroom was all coming up and was a hazard. He then gave us a code to get back in later that night. so come 3 in morning we was left outside trying to get in, code didn't work no one came when pressed doorbell. So rang the phone he came and let us in through a totally different door, he looked at us like it was our fault where if he was doing his job properly he would have said this code is for this door not this one. Like anyone else we assumed the door we went out of we came in by too. All in all id never stay there again, and i certainly won't be recommending it!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My sister and I have just enjoyed another stay at Brookfield; we slept like tops in our quiet en- suite rooms, and have today returned home refreshed and eager for our next visit. Brookfield is a family-run hotel, and we were welcomed back like long-lost cousins. This is the personal touch that you wouldn't get in a larger 'chain' hotel. I would always recommend Brookfield as very good value for basic but clean and comfortable accommodation when visiting Leeds.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Brookfield hotel is an amazing place to stay if you are money conscious and still looking for a place near the city center. You will appreciate: full English breakfast (included), free WiFi (works fine with laptops and smartphones), peace and tranquility of the hotel. Rooms and services are basic (there is no plasma screen on the wall and no full service restaurant) but who needs all these extras on a short leisure or business trip? We certainly don't. Brookfield is far superior to most hostels and cheap formula 1 like hotels. City center is 10 to 20 minutes away by foot (really depends on how fast you walk, it took me 10 minutes, it may take longer for other people). Alternatively you can reach the city center by bus, single ticket costs 1 pound/person.
Owner of this hotel is a very caring and friendly type of person.
We would definitely book here again.

Room Tip: Our room was number 10 twin room with one double bed and one separate single bed. Beds are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Janis V
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My fiance and I were traveling through and found this place online. We called to make a reservation and let the gentleman on the phone know we were coming late (11pm). When we arrived (after navigating through Leeds, which is terrible), we rang the doorbell, knocked, etc and no one answered. We had to drive back toward downtown to a restaurant and ask someone to use their phone. When we called the reservation number, a gruffy man answered and said the doorbells didn't work and that he would come out to let us in. When we were getting checked in, he barely said 10 words to us. And even though online it is posted that they have WiFi, they do NOT. Its this man who lives there who has a private acct. Only BT online is available, which is useless for foreign travelers. The room was cold and without heating, the bedding was extremely thin and the only "cover" was a blanket that had clearly not been washed. The bathroom was falling apart, with parts of the flooring coming up. Breakfast was early and was okay, but we were just focused on getting out of there and on to London. Likely the worst part of this "hotel" was a few days later when I got back to the US and my bank called me regarding suspicious activity on my card. I only used this card to reserve THIS hotel and I'm pretty sure that the gruffy man in the back stole my credit card number and made online purchases. Fortunately my card company canceled it. We are used to hostels and budget B&Bs, but this place was the worst. I can deal with harsh conditions, but this lodging needs to be shut down.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara A
barinder1, Owner at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

As the hotel owner I would like to reply to the comments made by the above customer as the owner of this establishment I am responsible for handling all guest payment cards, this is a defamation of my character and slander of my business reputation until proved otherwise.

The room this guest was given, was one of the newly refurbished rooms. WIFI is available throughout the hotel as it clearly states on our website and we provided it to the guest free of charge, access was given through a security code.
Second option BTopenzone is not useless for foreign travellers, BT openzone is widely available in the UK and is simple to use for foreign travellers.

Heating comes on and off during the night. In the evenings the heating comes from 4pm-10pm and then comes on automatically if the temperature drops, it will then come on again at 6am. The heating does not stay on 24 hours a day, we are a small private run hotel. In my experience, in similar size hotels the heating does not stay on all night.

We change/clean our bedding for every new guest. We have not had a complaint about this previously.

As far as the early breakfast is concerned we accommodate the majority of our guests who prefer the early breakfast and this is reflected in the price.
Overall we take pride in looking after and accommodating our guests’ needs.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed overnight, wasnt very clean but it was tidy, bathroom was dropping to bits and the location was abit strange, smelt like food and cigarettes when we walked in. Bed wasnt that comfy but i still slept. Marks on the wall and the walls are paper thin! WOUDLNT recomend for people who are light sleepers or like peace and quiet.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends