I stayed 3 nights and if I'm being honest, they were the worst 3 nights of sleep that I have had in a long time.
Let me begin with the positives, as it wasn't all bad.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a mini kitchen with everything you could need if you are planning to use it - plates, cups, glasses, cooking utensils, knives, forks etc. There is a full size fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher and even a washing machine. I stayed in room 6103 and as it was on the 10th floor, it had a good view of the city. Also there was free wifi in the room as well as a docking radio for my iPhone.
The not so positive:
I specifically asked for a quiet room, but my neighbours were noisy and I could hear everything they were saying up until wee hours of the morning. Eventually I had to bang on the wall to get them to shut up. Also, even though it was supposed to be non-smoking, the small passage that I shared with my neighbour was stink of cigarette smoke which carried into my bedroom.
As for my sleep, I got none. Even though I asked for a quiet room, the room itself turned out to be so noisy. Being as the room was so high, the wind was strong and there was some kind of scaffolding outside the window that vibrated with loud vigor every time the wind blew - it sounded as though someone was drilling outside my window. . I asked if I could change rooms, but was told the hotel was full. Also the lady at the reception was extremely unpleasant.
Finally, I didn't really need a kitchen, and found the lack of normal amenities a bit frustrating - though these were minor. As a woman, there was no long mirror to get dressed in, in fact there was no mirror with a decent light. There were also none of the normal toiletries that I am used to. The location was okay, though a bit of a walk to get into the city...and as it rained I had to take a taxi everywhere.
However, if you have use for a kitchen, then this hotel will be quite useful. All in all, for the price, it was ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 15 min walk from the centre of Leeds. There's a choice of superb studio apartments, individually designed to provide you with the space you need to relax, in complete comfort. Go for one of our clever, compact Smart studios, or think big and choose a spacious Grande studio. There's everything you need - an open-plan kitchen and living area, a pristine shower room and a comfy double bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Roomzzz Leeds City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roomzzz Aparthotel Leeds City West Hotel Leeds
- Roomzzz Central Leeds
- Roomzzz Central Hotel Leeds