“2ND VISIT JUST AS GREAT AS THE FIRST”

Roomzzz Leeds City West
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“2ND VISIT JUST AS GREAT AS THE FIRST”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is the second time here,booked in for GRANDE SUITE room as on first stay but this was really to compare!! Well this time same PAID for GRANDE SUITE but DON'T think it was! The first stay room was massive! Second stay was smaller,same facilities but as we were only there for 1 night did not bother to query the apartment.

This hotel is really good value for money room very clean and spacious,comfy seating and bed so comfy,every penny worth it. It is very local city etc,and there is a bar/cafe underneath.

There is grab and go brekkie in the morning very good.

Tip ask for high room as better views and less noise!

TAKE YOUR OWN HAIRDRYER! as non available.

Cooking ok if you wanna eat basic! microwave grill/oven

Dishwasher washer/dryer

Would definitely stay here again and I would recommend to ALL.

All in all a great nights stay

Room Tip: ask for HIGH room and don't forget your grab and go breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Couldn't have asked for more - everything was clean, it's just like staying in a fancy apartment for the weekend. No problems at all.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City West, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for staying with Roomzzz.

Let me take the opportunity to encourage you to join Roomzzz Royalty as a member on-line for the best available prices.

Once again thank you for your helpful comments.

Kind regards

Abhijit David
Hotel Manager
Patrington
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My husband and I stayed in the West Leeds Roomzzz for one night. I found a deal for £49/night on Late Rooms so it was great value but I wouldn't have paid more than this. Here's why..

The room was compact but well-equipped, perfect for self-catering. However, many of the rooms are lived in by students. This meant we had hardly any sleep whatsoever due to the music blasting out from a nearby room until the early hours of the morning..on a MONDAY morning!

The room was very clean and well-maintained and the reception was well-presented with polite and friendly staff.

I would only stay here again if it was £49 or less per night and everywhere else was fully-booked!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Just under £60 for what looked (on the website anyway) like a great little apartment? Could that be right? YES! And actually, it was better than it looked. Very well equipped, clean, modern, spacious, extremely friendly and helpful staff. Exactly what we needed after an exhausting day. Room to spread out and chill with a takeaway we got delivered and wine from the off license two minutes walk away. OK, so this location is a bit noisy but I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Go high! It'll be quieter (a bit)
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City West, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and also for staying with Roomzzz.

We continue to offer competitive prices and encourage you to join Roomzzz Royalty as a member online for the best available prices.

Once again thank you for your helpful comments.

Kind regards

Abhijit David
Hotel Manager
Double Oak, Texas
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was in Leeds for business in August...right during the time of the riots in London and other places. As a woman staying alone, I was a little concerned to find I was staying right in the middle of a college area. The nearest convenience store was a "Bargain Booze" which led me past young adult men sitting out on the sidewalk drinking and yelling catcalls at me for being American. Not exactly what I would feel most comfortable in. In addition, when I asked for a "fluffy pillow", the front desk person (who was hanging out with all the college kids in the lobby) couldn't find one.

If you're in college and want to hang out with all the kids to party, this is the location for you. If you're an adult who's doing business....this is NOT the place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DoubleOakDoak
London, England
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I stayed 3 nights and if I'm being honest, they were the worst 3 nights of sleep that I have had in a long time.

Let me begin with the positives, as it wasn't all bad.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was a mini kitchen with everything you could need if you are planning to use it - plates, cups, glasses, cooking utensils, knives, forks etc. There is a full size fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher and even a washing machine. I stayed in room 6103 and as it was on the 10th floor, it had a good view of the city. Also there was free wifi in the room as well as a docking radio for my iPhone.

The not so positive:

I specifically asked for a quiet room, but my neighbours were noisy and I could hear everything they were saying up until wee hours of the morning. Eventually I had to bang on the wall to get them to shut up. Also, even though it was supposed to be non-smoking, the small passage that I shared with my neighbour was stink of cigarette smoke which carried into my bedroom.

As for my sleep, I got none. Even though I asked for a quiet room, the room itself turned out to be so noisy. Being as the room was so high, the wind was strong and there was some kind of scaffolding outside the window that vibrated with loud vigor every time the wind blew - it sounded as though someone was drilling outside my window. . I asked if I could change rooms, but was told the hotel was full. Also the lady at the reception was extremely unpleasant.

Finally, I didn't really need a kitchen, and found the lack of normal amenities a bit frustrating - though these were minor. As a woman, there was no long mirror to get dressed in, in fact there was no mirror with a decent light. There were also none of the normal toiletries that I am used to. The location was okay, though a bit of a walk to get into the city...and as it rained I had to take a taxi everywhere.

However, if you have use for a kitchen, then this hotel will be quite useful. All in all, for the price, it was ok.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank orderedsteps
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2011

So the idea is that instead of staying in a hotel room, you get a little apartment. Combined bedroom, lounge and kitchen, with an en-suite bathroom. It's not luxury, but it's very well equipped, and thoughfully decorated. It's a bit like a cross between a travel lodge (other value hotels are available!) and a youth hostel, but knocks sports off them both. We needed somewhere to stay whilst we went to a gig and a quick internet search found this place.

For £40 for the night we shared an apartment with a double bed, TV, excellent shower, and a kitchen with everythign you could need. Staff were very friendly, giving us directoins to the closest cash machines and even printing us off a map of where we had to walk for the gig. There was a night porter too, who looked happy for some conversation when we rolled in at 3am. Oh, and the £40 for the room also included a self service breakfast the next morning. This was nothign fancy, designed I think really for those who wanted to grab it and take it with them, but orange juice, coffee, fruit and croissants were just the job!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends