“Good staff and room shame about the neighbours”

Roomzzz Leeds City West
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Warning very dangerous neighbours
I would not stay here again only because as I was walking back from collecting some supper scolding hot water was thrown a window next to this hotel, luckily it only caught the back of my shirt and jeans so I was not burnt. I reported the window/flat it came from and requested police support from staff but they were not called. disappointed and put me off what would have been a perfect location and stay

Room Tip: Don't walk on path outside, next to hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I found an accomodation in Roomzzz after a week searching a flat everywhere when I came in Leeds. My smart studio was at 11 floor, i think the best one they have....amazing view on the city, everything clean and new, super speed wifi.
Mazing breakfast, staff really helful, kind and very very nice....I felt like a home but better!
location super efficient, 10 min walking to city, buses every 10 min or less. For students, tiger bus service, gym and spa cheap for students just opposite to the building.
Super recommended, I stayed 3 months...I had the best stay my life!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Annarita S
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I virtually lived here on and off for about a year, and it never disappointed. Make no mistake, it's not a hotel, more like a rented apartment with some nice hotel like features, clean bedding, etc. What's good about it is the apartment comes with a kitchen so if you're away for a while and want to cook, keep things cold (beer mostly in my case), or just relax in more than a glorified bedroom this is a good place to be.
The layouts are studio apartments, but they're of a decent size, where always clean and tastefully furnished, and the staff where friendly and welcoming. Wi-Fi is usually OK although not super fast. Good enough for usual work stuff though. Location isn't that central so it's a taxi into town unless you like a good walk, but parking is very convenient and cheap. They do have another place that's right in the city though.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks on official visit, rooms are very well equipped with kitchen with utensils, microwave oven, refrigerator and washing machine but only problem with the bed it is not that much comfortable. Breakfast is simple with fruits and crossains but rooms are very nice/

Room Tip: Try to choose corner rooms as they are large
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I rarely write reviews, but I'm so pleased with my experience that I feel I've got to tell the world about it. Let's see the comparison.

Pros:
* Professional, friendly staff
* Brightly lit room with large window
* Unexpectedly beautiful view, esp. at sunset time.
* Quality breakfast
* Comfortable bed
* Simple modern decor and great interior layout
* Modern kitchen appliance and in-room laundry
* Great value for money, very affordable
* Restaurant / bar located conveniently on the 1st floor
* And did I mention insanely fast internet? (75mbps down, 92 mbps up, 1ms ping! I can count on my fingers the number of times I've had that level of internet access.)

Cons:
* Can't think of anything worth mentioning.

My experience here was much better than at many 5 star hotels. There's no place else that I'd rather stay whenever I visit. Looking forward to my next opportunity already.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights during the week in May 2014.

Pros:

- Large room with a kitchen and sofa area;
- Room largely very clean;
- Free wifi;
- Free tea (including herbal and fruit tea) and coffee 24/7 in the reception area;
- 'Pantry' of food supplies available to purchase in reception;
- Quick and friendly check- in;
- Very comfortable beds;
- Good price.

Cons:

- I slept well on the first night, but woke up several times during the second night disturbed by screaming from outside the hotel. I'm a heavy sleeper and it's very unusual for me to wake up during the night. Perhaps people on a night out?
- The TV was fuzzy and difficult to operate and had no Channel 4.
- The hairdryer was broken. I would have reported this but had my own hairdryer with me.
- The view from the hotel room wasn't at all pleasant.

Overall I would stay here again, but I'd request a quieter room. The take-away breakfast was perfectly ok, but it would depend on what you were looking for from a breakfast- not one to you if you'd like a full English but perfectly fine if you're after a quick 'to-go.'

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Short walk to Leeds University - handy for conference attendance. Rooms are fairly soulless, but provide all facilities you could need including kitchenette, microwave and washer/dryer. Good internet reception. Most staff were very friendly and helpful, but the girl who checked us in was rather grudging with her time and information.

Not the most comfortable bed, and there is little room to move around bed, but the room suited our needs and was a good price.

Continental breakfast consisting of delicious fresh pastries was included in the tariff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple