“Not a great area ”

Roomzzz Leeds City West
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a special occasion....after reading the reviews on here for this Roomzzz and the one in the city centre I was looking forward to it and trying an apartment for a change from a hotel room, however I wouldn't be doing that again I would much prefer a nice plush hotel room with proper breakfast than an apartment everything was basic, view was of a car park and even though it is only a 15/20 min walk to the centre it's not a very nice walk and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable doing this on my own plus the walk is just a little too long if you want to be able to drop in and get changed or drop your shopping bags before a drink or grabbing some food. I would perhaps try the city centre Roomzzz although we really don't need a full on kitchen when just going for a weekend I can see it working better for families. The grab and go breakfast although is a good idea and I'm sure works for some guests I thought the fruit looked a bit rubbish and we didn't bother with it the second morning.
We were shocked at how much rubbish there seemed to be lying around the streets around the apartments and especially the state of the car park which is across the road and the one we were directed to use during our stay in a way the only plus of the poor view was I could see the car was safe.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry we did not meet you expectations on this occasion.

Our apartments are about 1 mile from the Leeds town hall in the city center. We are part of a much larger building and the rubbish you are referring to will have been around the bin on Westfield Road in the under croft which the council clears on a weekly basis. From the information given they have been inundated with larger volumes over the busy rental period.

We did advise on arrival that cars should be parked in the pay and display car park on Burley Road as this area is better lit and monitored. You have chosen to leave it on Westfield Road.

As a Apart Hotel our apartments are designed for guest who would like to make use of the facilities whilst also being a popular choice with leisure guests. Within our grab and go we offer muffins, croissants, pain au chocolate or pain au raisins, fruits and juices. A coffee machine brewing coffee from freshly ground beans is also available 24 hours.

If you wish to be in the heart of the city center our Leeds City location is always ideal.

Thank you for your comments and we do hope you stay with one of the Roomzzz Locations in the future.

Regards

David

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed there for more than a year but in the end all I can say is I am highly disappointed how the hotel staff treated me. I was booked for 30 nights but one night at 11:00 pm I was asked to to vacate next morning because they were fully booked for the weekend. I had just stayed there for 24 nights at that point and I tried to explain this to the hotel manager but he kept arguing that I must speak to central reservation as he has nothing to do with it. Banged the phone on my face and displayed how excellent the he was at customer servicing!

They have no coordination among their own different departments. The manager lacked complete empathy, had no respect, patience and compassion towards his customers. So in the end they ripped me for one night and actually threw me out on the road even though I had paid for the night. NOT recommended unless you like being harassed my hotel staff!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
RoomzzzLeeds, Guest Relations Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly my apologies once again for your experience as I have already reiterated before.

We have a zero tolerance policy against all forms of aggressive behaviour and our staff are empowered to warn you and end the conversation. This was done so as per process. A member of your family will substantiate this.

We have explained to you the reasons why you had not been accommodated at the hotel for the night in question. There was no booking made for you on the night and we were fully booked. Every effort was made to accommodate you whilst we could not also inconvenience another guest who had indeed made a reservation for the night. When a cancellation was received you declined the offer of staying the night in question.

Our email confirmation clearly indicated this to you at the time which has not been questioned. A 30 night rate was offered so you benefit from a lower rate saving about £861 approximately. As you will see we have only tried to work to your benefit and a discussion to this end cannot be one sided.

I can apologise to you for the inconvenience caused however we will not be able to tolerate guests behaving aggressively either in person or over the phone.

Kind regards,

Katy
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Warning very dangerous neighbours
I would not stay here again only because as I was walking back from collecting some supper scolding hot water was thrown a window next to this hotel, luckily it only caught the back of my shirt and jeans so I was not burnt. I reported the window/flat it came from and requested police support from staff but they were not called. disappointed and put me off what would have been a perfect location and stay

Room Tip: Don't walk on path outside, next to hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I found an accomodation in Roomzzz after a week searching a flat everywhere when I came in Leeds. My smart studio was at 11 floor, i think the best one they have....amazing view on the city, everything clean and new, super speed wifi.
Mazing breakfast, staff really helful, kind and very very nice....I felt like a home but better!
location super efficient, 10 min walking to city, buses every 10 min or less. For students, tiger bus service, gym and spa cheap for students just opposite to the building.
Super recommended, I stayed 3 months...I had the best stay my life!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Annarita S
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I virtually lived here on and off for about a year, and it never disappointed. Make no mistake, it's not a hotel, more like a rented apartment with some nice hotel like features, clean bedding, etc. What's good about it is the apartment comes with a kitchen so if you're away for a while and want to cook, keep things cold (beer mostly in my case), or just relax in more than a glorified bedroom this is a good place to be.
The layouts are studio apartments, but they're of a decent size, where always clean and tastefully furnished, and the staff where friendly and welcoming. Wi-Fi is usually OK although not super fast. Good enough for usual work stuff though. Location isn't that central so it's a taxi into town unless you like a good walk, but parking is very convenient and cheap. They do have another place that's right in the city though.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks on official visit, rooms are very well equipped with kitchen with utensils, microwave oven, refrigerator and washing machine but only problem with the bed it is not that much comfortable. Breakfast is simple with fruits and crossains but rooms are very nice/

Room Tip: Try to choose corner rooms as they are large
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I rarely write reviews, but I'm so pleased with my experience that I feel I've got to tell the world about it. Let's see the comparison.

Pros:
* Professional, friendly staff
* Brightly lit room with large window
* Unexpectedly beautiful view, esp. at sunset time.
* Quality breakfast
* Comfortable bed
* Simple modern decor and great interior layout
* Modern kitchen appliance and in-room laundry
* Great value for money, very affordable
* Restaurant / bar located conveniently on the 1st floor
* And did I mention insanely fast internet? (75mbps down, 92 mbps up, 1ms ping! I can count on my fingers the number of times I've had that level of internet access.)

Cons:
* Can't think of anything worth mentioning.

My experience here was much better than at many 5 star hotels. There's no place else that I'd rather stay whenever I visit. Looking forward to my next opportunity already.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple