“Great value, lovely apartments, bit noisy”

Roomzzz Leeds City West
Ranked #27 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Stayed a Friday night and there was quite bit of noise from people leaving the bar on the corner ... maybe it's cos I'm a country boy and not used to it.
Apartments are lovely, though I might try for a bigger bed if I wasn't on my own. Certainly make sense if you are staying in Leeds for more than a couple of days on business, though there are plenty of cheap hotels in the area too if you want more facilities.
Great location for the uni and west Leeds businesses, so ideal for parents visiting their precious ones.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Roomzzz Leeds City West

Reviewed 29 January 2011

The room is alright, the bed was comfortable and most importantly is that the security guard is a very nice man. However, a duty manager named zusana was rude when my friends who are not Bristish asked nicely about health&safety requirements, zusana wasnt willing to repeat and asked us to leave the apartment immediately when we said we are not coming back again ever, she actually replied and said ' ITS FINE'. I hope she gets fired.I was so disappointed with the quality of customer service.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
RoomzzzLeeds, Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

At Roomzzz we follow a strict zero tolerance policy so far as our staff safety and security is concerned. Also all our apartments at this location sleeps a maximum of 2 adults. In the interest of the safety and comfort of other residing guests we do not allow more than 2 adults in the apartments after 10:30 PM. There were too many on this occasion.

This is also what many of our valued guests appreciate as we understand from their feedback.

On this occasion the member of staff did follow procedure in enforcing our policy as the circumstances demanded. We hope you understand and appreciate our policy in the interest of Guest safety and comfort.

Kind regards,

Abhijit David
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2010

Great concept (aparthotel) perfectly executed. By far one of the most comfortable stays I have had on business. Here's why:

Good:
Massive room (well, 1-bed apartment), fully functional kitchen, massive bathroom, separate bedroom area, lots of natural light from big windows, clean, good tv, lots of seating, bed pretty comfortable, very helpful staff, really close to centre of town and university (c.10 mins walk), parking nearby. Just really good, and very economical.

Could be better:
The immediate area doesn't have much to offer (aside from a corner shop and bar/eatery), no off-street parking.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2010

I booked a Smart Studio for only £ 39, a very good deal!
The hotel is new and everything works fine. The room I had was clean and very similkar to the pictures in the website. Is perfect for those who have to spend a few days in the area: if you do not want to go out for dinner, there is everything necessary to prepare it and wash the dishes too, there is a "Candy" dishwasher.
I was also lucky to find two brilliant and kind receptionists: Haidee and Travis. I must say that they help me a lot. I foresee a great career for them.
What I find negative is, maybe, for those arriving from the airport by bus number 757 could be not so easy to find the hotel, I must say that, in my case, there was even the snow.
For the future I hope that the hotel does the distinction of garbage (paper, glass and so on...) and uses environmentally friendly toileteries, so it will be perfect!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank dlf68
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Stayed a night here due to becoming stranded in the snow recently and the hotel staff, rooms and facilities certainly helped brighten my situation.

Settled down with a nice coffee upon arrival then went to room.

What can I say, rooms have everything you could need and are very comfortable (beds are great) and as an added bonus from my 10th floor apartment i could actually see when trains started running again :)

Bar next door, convenience store and Pizza takeaway all added to my stay.

Well recommended.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Where do I start :::::::::: This place was FANTASTIC the studio (grand) at ROOMZZZ was absolutely brilliant, it had everything you could ask for and I mean EVERYTHING,the views form the room were brill,we were on the top floor 11th floor and the room was very spacious very quiet although the rooms look very close to each other we did not hear a single peep form our *neighbors*.We cooked a fab meal and used all the kitchen appliances provided,put all the pots in the dishwasher and chilled for the rest of the night!The fridge was massive so plenty of room for all our beverages!! :) The hotel staff on reception were polite and check in was very quick.There are a few shops around so if you need out especially drinkies!! there was a restaurant below the hotel although we did not use but it looked very full each time we went past. This hotel/apartment is within the student area but I can say we gad no noise /bother form them,I would recommend this place to ALL and you will NOT be disappointed,may I add I am one of the WORLDS fussiest people and can be very critical, so if I LOVED it you will too!!! if you stay have happy one at Roomzzz,also I WILL be back.(stay was at 2 Burley Road) stated this as there are 2 lots of roomzzz the other being 361 burley road.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ang2angel
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I have stayed here in August with a friend , for one night only. Location very convenient and felt safe at all times , a 10 mins. walk from the train station.

We got there in the evening , check-in was easy and fuss-free , the receptionist was very friendly and attentive and felt warmly welcomed from the moment we got in the door.

We were in a Grande studio that comprises of open-plan living area and separate bedroom.
The living area is modern and very well-appointed : widescreen TV , comfy sofas ( wouldnt recommend trying to sleep on them though , I made that mistake and woke up all pins and needles) , the kitchen area with a fridge , dishwasher , cooker , pans , cutlery - basicly absolutely everything you might need to cook a nice meal if you feel like staying in.
Even a wok - how cool is that!? :-)

Bedroom : Amazing double bed ( felt more like a king-size) , very comfy mattress , air-conditioning working great ( aswell as in the living-room ), flat-screen TV , wardrobes. Great quality curtains- very thick to keep the light away from the bedroom.

Very nice , good sized bathroom with a powerful shower over bath - which I have loved.

Everything was absolutely sparkling clean - excellent value for money and I'd certainly stay here again if in Leeds ( or Manchester - they have a Roomzzz hotel in Manchester aswell). Wouldnt go anywhere else , you wont find better for this price in my oppinion!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple