“Sad to say, average at best.”
Review of Vue Cinema

Vue Cinema
Ranked #23 of 44 Fun & Games in Leeds
Leeds, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Sad to say, average at best.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My family and I visited this Vue approximately nine months ago, to get out of the weather and enjoy the movie experience. Sadly our screening was heaving, and we were forced to sit at the front of the screen. It turns out their front row is so far forward, you have to tilt your head up a good 70 - 80 degrees, the cinema was filthy, sticky and the waiting system is archaic at best. Now I wanted to give Vue a fair chance and visit on a day where it wasn't like the last days of Rome. So low and behold we returned four weeks later to try them again, but yet again to my disappointment the situation was much the same. Filthy, smelly, dank and generally not what you expect, unless you've been transported to the middle ages. We tried visiting two more times, but the state was reminiscent of the previous attendances. It turns out this the general experience you have when you visit Vue on Kirkstall road.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank MrHarryWalton

Leeds, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Average cinema, over-priced”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

As an avid movie-goer I'm all too aware of how costly this hobby has become.
Vue have a Super Tuesday discount that is difficult to understand by some staff but they do take part in Orange Wednesdays which would be great if I was with Orange.
Having to specify which part of the cinema you want to sit in grates on me - especially if you've never been before & you get into the screen to realise it's tiny & you've got seats at the back where you can't see well. The screens at Kirkstall aren't too bad - bigger than an independent but smaller than most Odeons.
The concessions are over-inflated as in most cinemas & the nacho cheese is terrible. A really minor point but if you've spent £7 whatever on a 'meal deal' you don't want to be dipping your chips into watery cheese sauce. Bork.
The staff here however were some of the nicest I've met at Vue which was a pleasant surprise as I've had some of my worst customer service experiences from this chain & Cineworld.
They didn't have the poster I was promised as part of early online booking but the server was very apologetic & said I could bring my email confirmation back at a later date & pick it up then.
I've learned since that they are out of stock but the service was good at the time.
It was also nice that at the end of the film the staff didn't come & stand staring at us to leave when there were a few of us sat throughout the credits.
An average experience overall but it's in such a good location that no doubt we'll be back soon.

Visited April 2014
LEE114
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“No Ticket Kiosk?!!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Probably one of the worst cinemas you could go to, they don’t have a ticket booth, you have to queue at the food counters so this can take forever. It’s always feels cold & it’s dirty; it’s a depressing overpriced experience.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank LEE114
berkshire
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“Worst Customer Service from a VUE”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

So we arrived on a Sunday evening about 8.45
Went to the front window only to waived to the back window.
There was 3 cashiers in the box who then just ignored us and eventually came out
and walked off all together into the office without speaking a word to us even though we
were stood there a good 5 minutes.
Asked another member of staff who told us to get tickets from Ice Cream stall... as
he said there was a sign to say not selling tickets are ticket booth...
Though we could not see and sign!

Bought some Popcorn which was stale!
I have been to Vue Cinemas all over the country and never before ever had stale popcorn
Would never of expected this from a Vue
Asked to change it but was told I could either exchange or refund
but was on my head ( what he meant by this I don't know)
Very rude!
Toilets disgusting .. and stunk!

Wont be going back to this cinema
Considering there was only about 10 people in the cinema just says it al!!!!

Visited February 2014