“Great surprise”

Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Gisburn, United Kingdom
“Great surprise”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband booked this along with a meal at Jamie's Italian on Saturday evening. What a perfect treat. The studio apartment with the velux windows had a great view over the city and had everything you needed. Very smart apartment and quiet. Lounge area and bar downstairs, although we didn't have chance to try them. Only a few minutes walk from the city centre. Would definitely recommend and return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jude270865

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed for one night last Saturday after deciding to have an impromptu visit to Leeds. I had read the previous reviews on TA and plumped to stay. Prior to coming I telephoned to ask about parking and booked a space in the underground car par - £12. This was great as we didn't have to think about finding somewhere to park.

On arrival we were greeted by super friendly receptionist and checked in. Our rom was on third floor and I was pleasantly surprised when we had a one bedroom apartment as I had booked a studio. The apartment was great, everything you need for a break, comfy bed, lounge, small kitchen and large bath. The only problem we had was the water temp filling the bath but we mentioned this to reception and it was sorted.

Really handy for central Leeds 10 min walk from Trinity and in a quiet street.

Loved it and will be back........

IF YOU LIKED THIS REVIEW PLEASE SAY SO......

3 Thank kaznles
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This place really is very good, I have used it many times and never had a bad experience. The staff always seem friendly and motivated to help, and I believe the owner is often there, which seems to help. There is nothing better on a cold winters day than coming into the warm and welcoming lobby with its big fire, easy chairs and help yourself to a drink for the honesty bar, maybe watch the tv news before going to your room to get ready to go out on the town. There are plenty of good restaurants in easy reach. The rooms are all individual, and it would be hard to say which are best. Any negatives? Not really, it is not the cheapest place in Leeds, but that is understandable. The value for money is still good.

Room Tip: Maybe go for a higher floor in summer, occasionally the bar area will have a private party and this...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Me and my girlfriend booked 2 nights at these apartments for a UK mini break. Upon arrival we were both pleasantly surprised at how nice both the lobby and the apartment itself looked. We were greeted warmly at reception and they provided us with a map of the area, which was very helpful! The rooms were clean and beautifully furnished with everything you could possibly need for your stay. There was a welcome pack which had cereal, bread, homemade cookies and other items, which was a really nice touch. Eggs were available free of charge from the honesty bar situated in the lobby, i certainly took advantage of this. The apartments themselves are in an ideal location with the city center just 5 minutes away. Around the corner from the hotel there is a fancy bar and restaurant called The Old Post Office which served amazing cocktails and had a nice atmosphere. Overall we would definitely recommend staying at The Chambers, well worth the 5 stars and exceptional ratings.

Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is really home from home!! I was fed up at staying in the same durgy corporate hotels from the budget to the the more mainstay to the luxurious! My secretary booked me into Chambers as somewhere different and I have to say what a fantastic decision! I cannot say enough great things about The Chambers! From the greeting at reception to an explanation of how serviced apartments operate. I was shown to my room which turned out to be a suite with all the home comforts...great sized bedroom, bathroom was magical wet room and the lounge dining room was fabulously large and comfortable! Cleanliness was exemplary and what one would expect but see so rarely in hotels!! Honesty bar is also a great idea and embraces the type of clientele that one would want to stay in this establishment! Many thanks to the team for making it a great stay...oh for those on business, great internet band width!

• Stayed May 2014
Manchester
Reviewed 22 May 2014

So, I urgently needed a room - the Hotel I usually use and have done for 5-6 years only had really expensive rates left and weren't prepared to be flexible, so I took a look at tripadvisor for Hotels in Leeds and found The Chambers.

Ranked at #1 with excellent reviews, I thought I would try it out and it was so good that I just might never stay at the other Hotel again! The booking process, room, service, facilities, on-site car parking and everything about the stay was excellent. And if I can choose a really great one-bedroom apartment instead of just a room, why would I want to stay in a Hotel again?

The location is very central, there are some good restaurants nearby, a Tesco express within 5 mins walk and an honesty bar for drinks and coffee, etc ... available 24 hours.

I fully understand why it is ranked #1of places to stay in Leeds - try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ForestFan1001
Scotter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Chambers Park Place was just perfect! We came for a special night away and we're not disappointed in the slightest. I was close to booking the Doubletree Hilton as I'd previously stayed there but I'm so thankful I decided against it. The few staff we came across were a credit to the company and local knowledge of restaurants etc was second to none. It really was the most pleasant stay I've ever had and I'm positive this won't be our last stay. I must mention Sal, he dealt with us for most of the stay and nothing was too much trouble and really deserves credit for our stay being so perfect. Thanks to everyone at The Chambers.

1 Thank Jonny2967