“Super”

Ranked #33 of 2,222 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tharavadu, Home of Kerala cuisine, is the first authentic Kerala Restaurant in Yorkshire. In a blink of time Tharavadu has become the local favorite with their exceptional food and outstanding service. Winner of 'The Best Indian Restaurant by Oliver awards in 2015,2016 and 2017. Tharavadu is the only Indian Restaurant in Leeds, which is recommended in Michelin guide 2016, 2017 & 2018. Tharavadu is rated as one of the Top 10 curry houses in UK by Tripadvisor. Recommended in Harden's Restaurant Guide 2015,2016 and 2017 and 2018. Featured in The Good Food Guide UK by Waitrose in 2017 and 2018. Voted the Best Indian Restaurant in North England by Good Food Awards. Welcome you to an unusual cuisine where excellence maintains tradition.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Saturday lunch, table booked for 12.30... good job we did. Fairly quiet when we arrived, but soon filled up. Friendly staff, well presented food. Better still tasted great. Would definitely recommend. According to literature closes at 2pm and re-opens at 5pm....was pretty busy when we left just before 2 no sign of closing.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here with colleagues after a business meeting.

Atmosphere is lovely and the food was exceptional. I’d never heard of anything on the menu but everything we ordered was lovely.

It’s a little pricey but the quality justifies the additional cost I think.

Only negative is that the courses came out relatively quickly and when we had finished the waiter brought the bill over (without us asking for it) and then hovered near us cleaning things.

Felt a bit like being asked to leave. Shame as apart from that this would have been a 5* review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First things first ... you have to book if you wan to eat here. I went on a Monday and it was full. I had previously tried on a Tuesday with no booking and they had no tables. You may get lucky, but I would definitely say book in advance.

The food here is exceptional. Full of flavour, authentic, well presented and delicious ... really delicious.

The only criticism I have is that the service isn't as good as the food. It is a bit quick, a bit impersonal, not particularly attentive and it all feels like a bit of a revolving door approach. They know they can keep filling tables and so turn you around asap. I arrived at 7.33 and left at 8:28!

I will go back, as the food is worth it.

1  Thank RSP71
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Plenty of people walk past this restaurant everyday, not realising how wonderful it is. Long may that continue because it is already pretty much impossible to get a table here at short notice. I love the food here as does anyone I have taken to eat there. You won't have eaten any of the dishes anywhere else and there is enough variety to keep you coming back for many more visits. Very friendly and helpful staff. I love you and I love your food!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

This is a really nice variation on the traditional Indian restaurant. The focus is on foods local to the region . The menu is interesting and the food is true to its description. It leaves you wanting to go back and try something else on offer.