“Good Value............”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Usual basic facilities but good value for money, clean and comfy. Good location for the city and rooms at the rear are quiet.
Stayed here several times now and would go back. If someone else is paying go for a bit more luxury. If its a cheap visit you cant get much better value.
Only downside for me was lack of parking.

Room Tip: Get one at the rear. Away from the road at the front. Much quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Write a ReviewReviews (1,333)

Reviewed 28 July 2013

First off I must admit I am glad i didn't read the reviews on this hotel before we booked, as I think some people here just forget that this is a Budget hotel..

On arrivial we have the same problem with finding parking as so of the other reviewers on here. I mean the signs with a nice big "P" on them really are misleading. We eventually broke all the rules and parked the can in an un-marked parking space in that carpark, went to the hotel and asked where we could park. the lady "Ruby" at the reception desk was lovely and gave us some written instructions, very basic tho, as to how to get to the carpark, she advised that we would be able to get a reduction on the parking by having our ticket validated before we left, we did this, however we still had to pay full price when we left, which was very disappointing, have discovered there was a carpark across from the hotel beside "The Palace" public house, which was much cheaper and closer to the hotel.

The room was basic, no coffee making facilities of hair dryer (this didn't bother me) but could not believe that this basic hotel room had actual controllable Air-conditioning. With this really hot weather that we are having this was an absolute godsend! I've stayed in a lot of hotels for work, such as Premier Inn, Travelodge etc and this is something that they do not have, and charge 4/5 times the cost of the Ibis Budget!

The location to the city centre, bus station, market and Trinity are excellent, we do intend to stay here again, and would really recommend it to all and any. We stayer in Room 701, and the view was excellent.

If you do stay there, and want a really good cooked breakfast The Palace public house do a really excellent fry-up, 2 for £10 inc coffee or orange juice.

3  Thank nibloke2013

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds again very soon. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here for one night. after finding a good deal on Laterooms

I've just read some of the reviews and other folk seem to be fussy about this place, but for the price I paid, I was perfectly happy, especially as other hotel with only a kettle & hairdryer can be 3 times the cost

Its right near the main bus station & city centre, so easy to get to. If you're in a car, its a different story, car parking is not on site, its across the road in the car park next to the Palace pub, which is pay & display, so make sure you've got change! Or its in a car park near Royal Armouries. But I spent an age driving round the hotel & one way systems before going into reception and asking, but parking outside the hotel is restricted and not easy to get to because of the traffic system. When I asked, the lady behind the reception didn't give great instructions on where the parking was, a prepared map would have been better.

Don't be fooled by a car parking sign round the back of the hotel, that's a private car park for residents of the apartment block next door.

That was my reason for deducting a point on my overall rating.

My room was clean & had everything but the tea & coffee making facilities, but I reasoned it was a budget hotel, so this wasn't included.

I don't agree with the other review saying the toilet was smaller than an aircraft loo, it was bigger than that, as was the shower stall in the room, that was more than big enough.

However to compensate for this, there is a supermarket style chilled food stall, with sandwiches, a drink & a snack for £ on a deal, so refreshing not to get ripped off on hotel food prices!

After a great night at the Arena seeing what was probably the best Springsteen show I'll ever see, I found my room to be nice and cool despite it being warm and muggy outside. Turned the A/C off and had a very comfortable nights sleep. It was quiet & I didn’t hear any traffic on the 5th floor.

Again the only downside to no onsite car parking, as I had to get to my car before 8am which was when the charges started from, its free overnight from 6 - 8 but spaces were limited.

Breakfast was fine, cereal, toast, crumpets, croissants, cold meat, cheese, jam and not over priced compared to normal hotel pricing.

Would I stay there again, yes at the price I paid, there wasn't anything major to dislike. Now I know the parking isn't on site, I'd know what to expect. It's not designed for long stay residents, but perfectly fine for a couple of nights for non fussy travelers. I've stayed in much worse for double the price I paid!

It also had free WiFi, which is unusual for Accor group hotels

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Guest,
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Having stayed in the Accor Group hotels before we thought that this was a safe bet for a 3 day trip to Leeds - we should have read the reviews first .....

It must be said that location for city centre and bus station is very good but unfortunately that is where the positives end. Where to start??

It should be noted that we are not fussy travellers and were just looking for a cheap place to stay but this goes beyond that. The room is too small for a double and should be a single room. The shower is 'compact' and opens directly into the room leading to floor getting wet and slippery because there are no bath mats, an accident waiting to happen. The toilet was equally as small and I found that I banged my head on the door in the process because it made a aeroplane toilet look spacious.

The bed itself deserves its own paragraph. The mattress was about 5 inches thick, now on a sprung base that would be fine but this was laid on a metal sheet! Seriously uncomfortable is the only way to describe this. We each had one pillow, whilst they looked quite plump as soon as you lay your head this compressed to the thickness a towel. This lead to me waking with neck and back ache - we did get extra pillows and this alleviated the neck but not the back pain.

On the cleanliness front this was not good on the day we arrived as it appears the room had not been cleaned properly - make-up on the floor, stained bed sheet, and rubbish still there. However the following days the room was clean and this was no longer a problem. As a note for the management there does need to be some investment on the windows as mould is developing around the frames. Staying during the hotest days in the last few years we knew the air-conditioning would be good however this did not actually work and when turned on sounded like an aircraft taking off!

Room keys seemed to deactivate everyday, annoying when you are on the eighth floor!

On a point for those that like a cup of tea/coffee in the morning or after a hard days exploring - bring a flask! There are no tea/coffee making facilities - this is surely beyond budget!

Overall this is by far the worst Accor Group hotel we have ever stayed in. It will not put us off the Ibis or Novotels but we will not be staying in the Ibis Budget again.

Room Tip: Don't book here!

Dear Guest,
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.

We are the budget brand of Ibis and Accor. Accor offers range of hotels to their customers from budget to luxury, depending on their requirement.

We at Ibis Budget hotel in Leeds, offer our guests clean comfortable en-suite rooms, with freeview TV and free wifi throughout the hotel at budget price in city centre location and we are recognised as value for money hotels by many of our customers.

We do have our sister hotels, Ibis and Ibis Styles, which offer additional services with restaurant, bar on site, tea/coffee in the rooms which would cater your future requirements.

Thank you once again for leaving your feedback and as a chain we hope to cater your future requirements.

Kind Regards, Rahul Parikh

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights at the start of February as I was travelling over for an event in Leeds city centre. Perfect if you are looking for somewhere clean and cheap to stay for a couple of nights.
Staff were very polite and helpful, actually making conversation if I saw them within the hotel. My room card seemed to have a few problems but staff at the desk were always apologetic and tried to fix it. The room was very clean as was the bed. Would not advise to share with anyone who you are not comfortable being naked around as the shower is just a door connected to the room. The hotel is located 5-10 minutes away from the city centre. Bed wasn't incredibly comfortable but what do you expect with price so low!
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and commend the staff on how clean my room and the hotel in general was.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh

Reviewed 21 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night and it really is budget. Room was clean but also tiny.. The shower was in the main room (would not recommend sharing with someone who hasn't seen you naked). Toilet was really small but overall we wanted somewhere to lay our heads for the night and it was the most comfortable sleep we've had in any hotel.. Breakfast was £4.95 all you can eat including tea and coffee however it was only cold and only had 2 options for cereal.. I had to put a £20 deposit down for a hair dryer which doesn't bother me what bothers me is the fact that it sounded and smelt as if is was going to blow up if you want me to leave a £20 deposit at least make the hair dryer worth £20!! No tea and coffee making facilities in the room and for £1.40 for a tea bag essentially was very expensive. It is in a nice location in the centre of Leeds and we would stay again.. (But bringing my own hair dryer and my own tea bags). They definitely need to do some sort of deal with the car park that is near them. We had 2 cars and had to pay £12 each for them over night in the main Clarence docks car park.. Staff were wonderful and very cheerful at all times of the day and night.. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a one night stay

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chloe W
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Budget Hotel in Leeds and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Rahul Parikh