“4* considering the price”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The rating here is relative to the price of the room as it was very basic but nothing really wrong with it. Everything was clean and all the necessities were there - a nice, comfy, clean double bed, a bit of storage, a powerful shower and a working toilet. I was a bit surprised by the shower being in the room itself as I (a female) was sharing with a male friend so he had to leave for a while, but since we had other friends in the hotel it was okay. However, that could have been a bit of an issue had that not been the case and as it is such a rare set-up I feel that we should have been informed. The reception area is good - we were able to order taxis from there with ease and there was lots of food on offer to buy 24/7 - handy for us as we got in extremely late. The security was really good - someone from outside actually came in and was harassing us but a security guard sorted out the situation immediately, removing him from the premises. So no harm was done and I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fiona S
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Budget Leeds and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, S.Moss

Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed 5 November 2013

As always the rating I give is relative to the star rating of the hotel.

Stayed here a few times, would certainly recommend it for a budget traveller or quick stopover.

CHECK IN

Friendly staff, relatively quick

ROOMS

Nice and clean, modern, fresh and a good size. Towels and a soap provided plus tv, hanging space, mirror etc. Basic but far better than anything else at the same price.

HOTEL/LOCATION

Great location on edge of city centre. 15 min walk from station, 25ish from universities, 5 from middle of CC. Srt back enough to not be noisy. Also clean, light modern and selling breakfasts and refreshments.

Room Tip: choose a front facing room, higher up is poss, nice view of Leeds
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hanif87
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at our hotel. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I booked six rooms five months ago but they only had five on record (luckily I'd kept my email confirmation so I had proof). The receptionist blamed booking.com and said they always do this. But, if that's the case, then ibis should stop using booking.com. If this had happened with all six rooms we'd have been in some trouble.

Although the rooms were as basic as expected, I did expect soap.There was none at all in our room but some of the other rooms did have it. Why is that?

Would still recommend for a cheap city centre stay but a couple of issues do need addressing.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

We at the ibis Budget in Leeds very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss

Reviewed 4 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My friend and I have stayed in many hotels over the years but this is probably one of the worst. Although it is relatively cheap, there are far better options for the same amount of money or less. The first problem is that nearest car park is a five minute walk away from the hotel - not great if you have a lot of luggage or mobility problems. Check in was fine although the receptionist looked as though she would rather have been somewhere else - don't blame her for that really. The room was just something else; it actually had the feel of a gigantic portaloo and smelled fairly similar too. The bed was horribly uncomfortable and, although everything seemed clean, there is a distinct grubby feel to the place. My feeling is that this hotel is perfect for younger people who just need somewhere cheap to crash after a night out. As we're a little bit the wrong side of our forties, my friend and I would prefer more comfort for our hard earned money.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrea D

Many thanks for your feedback and I’m sorry that you were disappointed. I am personally looking into this and if you’d like to contact me, feel free to call on 0113 245 0725 or email me on H6002-GM@ACCOR.COM. Kind regards, S.Moss, General Manager

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Room small but functional. The location was good but disappointed with the misleading info regarding parking.
The floor in the room was dirty and the bedding on the top bunk was stained & dusty. There was also no toilet paper, soap or plastic cups for tea/coffee from downstairs.
Better cleaning and basic facilities and it would have been fab.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail M

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Kind regards, S.Moss

Reviewed 2 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013