“Good night's sleep on a budget”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
London, United Kingdom
“Good night's sleep on a budget”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night on Christmas. Check in was quick, hotel staffed by security at night and to get into the lift, you need to swipe your hotel card so we felt safe.

Room very basic but for the price we paid was good value. Bed comfortable, room good sized and clean. Bonus is the free wifi and flat screen tv in the room!

Easy walking distance to Leeds city centre and easy to find hotel.

Only downside is difficult to find parking and have to cross busy junctions with luggages

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis Budget Leeds soon; S.Moss.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
West Lothian
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Was recommended this hotel by a colleague. Not been disappointed. The minimalist room design really appeals. Always clean and the design makes this easy - pod shower and laminate floors. Have stayed several times now and all rooms have been very consistent. Tend to check in very late and leave quite early so meet very few staff - all are courteous though. Problem on recent visit was resolved swiftly, professionally and to my complete satisfaction. For an average of less than £30 a night, it's got to be hard to beat. And with a TV with full range of digital channels and composite video input for iDevices etc, and free, reliable wifi...what's not to like?!

• Stayed January 2014
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis Budget Leeds again very soon. Kind regards, S.Moss
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I only stayed here for one night And I am absolutely appalled at the service received. Firstly the lady who checked us in was very rude and would not let my 2 relativs Up to the room to freshen up. Then she made me sign terms and conditions which weren't explained at all and did not receive a copy my self . I then explained the 2 relatives we're just going to help me with the bags up to the room and she still rudely refused waving the terms and conditions about. Not to mention the fact I'm 5 months pregnant and one relative has cronic depression and paranoia he had to wait in reception which made him feel extremely uncomfortable and I felt very intimated by her. We then returned to back to the hotel a few hours later and it seems we were placed on a floor full of drunken idiots. Which was not to bad as they were all on there way out however at about 3 this morning they returned and were running up and down corridors, slamming doors ,and in and out of rooms. From what I could smell they we're smoking in the corridors this nonsense continued till well after 7am . They were shouting and screaming.This morning when we were checking it out we were greeted by that rude woman again who said "i will check you out in a smug voice " we advised her we wanted to speak to a manager and she said she was the duty manager and no one else was available and that if we wanted to make a complaint we would just have to email ibis . Never been so disgusted with a hotel before this is my worst experience by far and will not be booking with ibis again. I have emailed them with this complaint it has been nearly 24 hours and i have still not heard from them i understand they must be very busy sorting other complaints out. I paid £40 for one night which i know is cheap but i did not expect to be treated worse than a prisoner and bearing in mind they probably get a more peaceful nights sleep then i did . Terrible is an understatement do not book with ibis budget Leeds .

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank graceey2014
Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time on H6002-GM@ACCOR.COM if you’d like to discuss things further. With kind regards, S.Moss

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Cant fault hotel for the price. I had a meeting in Leeds 30th December 2013. Just needed a place to bed down before heading to London for NYE. Room was clean, bed a little bit hard, but was more than adequate. Shower was nice and hot, forgot to pack shower gel, but to my relief, there was unexpectedly a small bsr of soap, but more than enough for a single nights stay. Only MINOR faults, room was a little bit draughty, but that can be easily and cheaply fixed. And tv was a little jumpy. But those 2 minor small probs aside, I have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS...and will def book again when I come back to Leeds. And oh...the inclusion of free wifi is an excellent touch that you'd not expect fpr the 29 pounds I paid. Keep up the good work hotel management.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
So glad you had an enjoyable time at ibis Budget Leeds! We very much appreciate the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards, S.Moss
Reviewed 7 January 2014

very basic hotel, but at the price paid can't complain. the bed was comfy the room was clean. great accessible location. was advised to park at the armouries which was 12 quid for 24 hrs.

only downsides to the room was 1 towel between 3 adults and 2 of those adults (not me luckily) had to share a double bed.

if you want luxury go elsewhere, if you want cheap clean comfortable accomodation very close to city centre then stay here

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon. Kind regards, S.Moss
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Just stopped ere for NYE, you cant go wrong for £20 per person as the 3 of us paid.
Very close to the centre and the room was clean, tide and had everything we needed.
No noise at all and everything worked as it should have.

Its not the ritz but it dosnt try to be or cost anywhere near that amount.

If you going to leeds and want a place to rest your eyes after a night out, get booking.

Staff were great and check in took 5 mins max.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds soon.
S.Moss
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

When entering the hotel we were greeted by a lady who dealt with the 4 of us that stayed however a gentleman beside me asked where the car park was and the gentleman behind the desk replied we don't have one then immediately walked away. Which I didn't think was great as if I didn't know where the carpark was I would have had the same response. Out room was on the end of level 2 so I was quite happy with the size of the room. The heating in out room must have been on the blink as no matter what I tried no heating came out but chose not to mention things as I must have been in the room for a total of 1 hour throughout the day and only to sleep so it was warm enough when you were tucked up. There was no other problems with the room and enjoyed the stay. I recommend the food in the bar attached to hotel it was a very good standard. Good value for what we paid!!

• Stayed December 2013
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Kind regards, S.Moss