“Fine”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Cheap. I didn't find it as good as one I used in Glasgow because the room was a little scuffed and the knob on the air-con was missing ( I have fed this back).

I think the location is great. I used parking meters nearby so bring some pound coins. 'The Palace' across the road is a lovely old boozer and there is a sports bar downstairs in the same building (I didn't try) The bus station is just behind the Leeds College of Music so the hotel is central for all shops and the Playhouse.

Wi fi easy and fast- nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: I like the view from the front and didn't find traffic noisy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We at the ibis Budget Leeds very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stay at ibis`s loads.
The marlborough street one
and the one in chesterfield quite a bit

But either i am in an invisible world or they are seeing something i cant.

made it clear i needed a cool room because of my asthma allergies which flare up when there is humidity/ heat

the setting i was told to put the cooler on was wrong and it only showed up the next day when i woke up in a room like a sauna

the third day there, the cleaner put it on the wrong setting leaving the room scorching hot that day, ys it was rectified but the room was still hot there was no cool air at all from it

ive been spoken to by the maintenece and by the staff lke its my problem and unless there is physically nothing wrong with it, that its my fault and i should understand how these things work.
i was also told its a cooler, when every setting was pumping out hot air.

besides the second day, my first and final nights was very uncomfortable
head office hasnt gotten back to me four days later, and the manager who i was told 3 times would ring me back , finally did, but more or less told me `well investigate if theres a fault with the cooler`.. which means unless there is, then its my tough luck and they wont do anything about it

yes it may seem like a simple system but when you are told to put it onto a setting which STILL PUMPS out hot air, how is that my fault

horrible experience and has really dampened my experience of the ibis

the third night there was 47 quid .. hardly budget when thats more expensive than most regular nights at regular non budget ibises

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mr b

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at ibis Budget Leeds. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously.Kind regards, S.Moss

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I know Leeds well and visit quite often. The context for this review is that I land, dump my stuff, go out, come back an go to sleep. This room cost 20 pounds!! Breakfast was an extra fiver each and parking is always a bit hit and miss round there, and needed to be paid for. Total cost, £42. The rooms are clean and well enough equipped. The location of the hotel is behind the Leeds Market, so is near the bus station, perhaps not so near the railway station. If arriving by car, you have the fun and games of the Loop Road to deal with. The staff are efficient in their dealings, and the breakfast room is more relaxed than, for example, its sister hotel in Whitechapel, London. Just over the road is the Palace pub, which does a good meal and nice beer. I would definitely suggest staying here if you are taking a short visit to Leeds.

Room Tip: You may be asked whether the room is on the front or the back. The front faces a busy traffic juncti...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

So glad you had an enjoyable time at ibis Budget Leeds. We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, S,Moss.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

It was our first stay at Ibis Budget and we regreted, we had never stayed at Ibis before. Great location in 10 minutes walk from city center. Though the hotel stands at the road, we didn't hear any noises - the windows are soundproof. The interior is rather average, very small shower, the sink is in the room. But the beds are really comfortable, the room is warm and very clean (which is extremely importaint for me). We had a really great stay and saved some money. Cool!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had this hotel for a one night stay as we were visiting Leeds for a show at the Grand Theatre. We booked it because of its price (£30 per night) and close proximity to the centre (10 minutes walk). There is no parking on site, but there is a surface car park opposite which costs £7.80 for anything over 8 hours. We didn't prebook a breakfast, but paid for a continental buffet once we were there at £4.95 per person. The room was very basic, but perfectly clean and functional for what we needed. There was free unlimited wi-fi and a TV. Rather strangely the shower cubicle was in the bedroom, but the water was hot and the flow strong. At first we could hear every time water was run or a toilet flushed in neighbouring rooms and thought this would keep us awake, but in fact it didn't. The mattress was unusually thin at around 4", but again the bed was nevertheless comfortable. The receptionists downstairs were very helpful and photocopied a couple of documents for me in the morning as part of the service. We were pleased with what we got for the money and would definitely use it again for a similar purpose.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds. Kind regards, S,Moss

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here for a midweek night out in Leeds. For the money you can't complain - the room looked like an IKEA showroom but was clean and comfortable. The Early check-in and late check-out are an added bonus.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future. Kind regards, S,Moss.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I hadn't stayed in an IBIS Budget hotel before and was not sure what to expect. I arrived on Sunday 9th March 2014 (ready for a conference the next day) and was met by a pleasant receptionist who was knowledgeable. She made me feel welcome. I was pleasantly surprised by my room. It was better than I thought, was very clean and although the décor was basic it was smart. I actually liked the minimal look Green and White colour scheme. You had various lighting options,TV, desk (with cute little plastic stool!), wash-hand basin, shower cubicle and separate toilet. The floor wasn't carpeted but this was fine. I had a very decent night's sleep: the bed was very comfortable in crisp clean bedding and the room had an ambient temperature.

The staff were courteous and helpful at all times. I felt secure in the building. The breakfast was an all-you-can-eat continental fayre which was good. The dining area was bright and pleasant. I was checked out by a different receptionist who was pleasant and he dealt with me professionally.

A couple of things I would say is that a) there is no telephone in the room to call for assistance. The emergency procedures inside the door direct you to an emergency phone number but as there is no phone it probably assumes that everyone has a mobile phone which may not be the case. b) there are no tea/coffee making-facilities. This was not a problem as I was able to get a reasonably-priced hot drink from the dining/reception area. Could something be done here without bumping up the price too much?

Overall, I would definitely go back again to this place - it's centrally located, with a bright and pleasant room, with very helpful staff. Worth the money - £26.00 + £4.95 for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OnwardForward
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds. Kind regards, S.Moss