“Good value, helpful staff”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #48 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Good value, helpful staff”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here whilst visiting for the England test match. We had a twin room. Yes it was small and yes the beds were rock solid but it was very clean, had a flat screen TV on the wall with Freeview and a very good shower. For the price, I have zero complaints

Also have to compliment the receptionist who was very helpful when we checked in and very pleasant.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis Budget Leeds, very soon. Kind regards, S.Moss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Polish first
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This was a 'last minute' booking and all hotels we looked at, were fully booked. We steered away from paying for the breakfast option (without doubt, you could see it did not meet our personal standards !) There is no denying that this accommodation is budget and basic, but given the price, you cannot expect anything more! Our room was clean, beds comfortable (though not luxurious) and adequate bathroom. It's central location is ideal. This place is ideal, for those on a limited budget.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for leaving your thoughts here. The team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we’ve taken note of your comments. Rest assured we will address them. Kind regards, S.Moss
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here because it was cheap and right where I wanted to be for a night out. Late booking got me a twin room that looked ok online, I checked in to a disabled room with a random cabin bed (double on the bottom, single bunk above) and I have to say the room felt like a cell.

However, as I was in there from 3am to 8am only I didn't complain and it did the job.

Can't fault the cleanliness of hotel and checkin/out was friendly and easy so I'd stay here again when in Leeds on my own and planning to go out. This is not a hotel to stay in your room and watch tv!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back to ibis Budget Leeds again soon. Kind regards, S.Moss
Liverpool
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights with my boyfriend. Staff were really friendly and helpful, and even swapped our room, as there was an unpleasant drainy smell in the first one.
The rooms were basic, but spotless. If you want a hair dryer you need to leave a deposit at reception, but this is refunded when you return it.
I personally found the bed a bit too firm, and on the second night we asked one of the housekeepers for some extra pillows.
(if I stayed here again I would think about bringing my own pillow)
We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel, as there is a fantastic pub across the road.
You can buy soft drinks, beer and snacks in the reception area which are reasonably priced.
As a previous reviewer mentioned, I'd only stay here with someone I knew very well as the shower cubicle opens out into the room. Nowhere to hide!
All in all a good value budget hotel, fantastic if you just want somewhere to crash after a night out.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards,S.Moss.
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel was fine and clean, however be prepared that rooms are very small and basic. Stayed with partner and we only had 1 very small towel to share, no hairdryer, shampoo, shower gel or anything like that. Felt like we were in a scientific pod!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

We at the ibis Budget Leeds very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The staff on check in were very friendly & informative. We checked in with no problem at all. There was a group of us staying so there were 3 people per room. The rooms were quite small but nice and clean and we were able to stay in rooms next to one another. My only issue with the room was that the bunk bed had not been made & we had to make it ourselves but we quickly got over that. The room wasn't too noisy through the night. Security staff were lovely and helpful. For the price you pay the rooms are nice enough & service was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis Budget Leeds again very soon. Kind regards, S.Moss.