“Hotel tried to send me to Bradford on check-in!”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
London
“Hotel tried to send me to Bradford on check-in!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was a strange how-do-you-do: I'd booked and paid online for a room and intended to arrive around 10pm, but received a voicemail around 7.30pm with a very run of the mill message that the room had some sort of issue, so they were going to put me in a taxi and send me to Bradford for the night! Can you imagine? (Don't get me wrong: I Love Bradford, but I was in Leeds for a reason...) The person I then rang back and spoke to offered an alternative: he asked if I wouldn't mind bunking up with someone in another room. After a bit of argey-bargy on arrival I was (half an hour later) given the room I'd booked and paid for -- which was spacious and clean, but nowhere near as nice and modern as ibis budgets elsewhere (e.g. Manchester).
It's understandable that cock-ups happen with hotel bookings sometimes, but this really wasn't the way to go about fixing it, and certainly not with so little genuine apology -- I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time h6002-gm@accor.com, if you’d like to discuss things further. With kind regards, S.Moss.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is close to everything and simple rooms but you pay for what you get enjoyed our stay and would def stay again. :) the pub next door was lovely the area was modern and some nice lil walks and shops around close to the quays.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
So glad you had an enjoyable time at ibis Budget Leeds. We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, S.Moss.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here overnight during a trip to the Leeds University open day. We were literally just looking for a bed for the night so I chose the cheapest hotel I could find. Basically, you get what you pay for. The rooms are very basic but they were clean. The TV reception was awful but we were barely in our room so this didn't matter to us. The shower was powerful but unfortunately the cubicle is actually in the bedroom and the water escaped from the shower door onto the bedroom floor! My only real complaint is that the beds are HARD! They are so cheap and uncomfortable it was fortunate that I was so shattered from an 8 hour drive that I managed to get any sleep at all. Otherwise I have no complaints. For £30 a night you can't expect too much. The location was very good - about 5 minutes' walk to the city centre. As far as I'm aware there's no parking onsite but we found a car park close by which cost about £10 for an overnight stay. All in all, not a bad stay but if I was coming to Leeds again I think I'd pay a little extra somewhere else for a decent bed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the ibis Budget Leeds, very soon. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is very minimal as you would expect for the price.
Everything is fine but nothing is appealing.
As other reviewers have mentioned the shower has a frosted door which opens out onto the room. They were also very specific with check in times. Even 10 minutes before was not acceptable without paying extra.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alicew25
Many thanks for taking the time to comment. We appreciate all feedback. Kind regards, S.Moss

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights as it was within walking distance to St James Hospital where my husband was under going surgery. No complaints whatsoever until I got back Saturday night and then my thoughts mirror the previous review.

Staying on my own I did feel very intimidated,although I do appreciate books shouldn't be judged by their covers. The groups all booked in for the festival at Leeds Uni were horrendous in the main. The previous reviewer should have been in the hotel Sunday night. I was on the 9th floor and don't think there were many on my floor as from that point of view I wasn't disturbed, but the noise from outside was dreadful - going on from midnight til way past 4. It was seriously unpleasant. This morning the entire layby at the front of the hotel was literally a sea of bottles, broken glass and cans. I have no idea why it hadn't been cleaned up as it was gone 10 when I left - some festival goers still drinking on the steps.

However, based on the staff who were lovely and so helpful. The room clean and away from the main party I've given it a good review. When my husband goes back for his second operation I will come and stay again.

However, no hotel (even a budget one) or guests should have to put up with what happened at the weekend. The hotel staff - shouldn't have to deal with that!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Rachel A
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, S.Moss