“Good for what it is!”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here when our train had arrived late into Leeds. We had looked online and saw a room for £25, however, when we went to book it had increased to £35. We just needed somewhere to sleep for a few hours, however, the bed was not that comfortable. It would appear that they had a protective cover over the mattress which became incredibly hot and squeaky! Bizarre.
There was a late check-in and the staff were friendly. The beverages were overpriced, £1.40 for a SMALL tea! Hmmm.
Having said that, it is in a good location and if you can get the cheaper rate then it would be okay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, S.Moss.

There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Location close to town centre and bars so was a great place to stay over for one night for friend's 25th birthday night out. Well designed room, quite small but ensuite and clean. Will definitely use again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natalia92S
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel does not live up to promises. The hotel itself is a badly transformed establishment of what was already a below-par establishment. The rooms have been "refreshed" on a budget, whilst communal areas haven't received any attempt at a "refresh" whatsoever.

To make matters worse, parking is complicated and ill-advised by staff members. As if that wasn't bad enough, the hotel attracts loud, unruly and generally unfavourable revellers lacking common decency or self-control. The hospital canteen-style chiller of sandwiches, water and toothbrushes only labours to illustrate this point.

All in all, this is one of the worst examples of an Accor hotel and is one I most definitely wouldn't frequent again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wycombe-Simon

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at ibis Budget in Leeds. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on h6002-gm@accor.com to discuss this further. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed on a Friday night. I was unable to go to sleep between midnight and 1am because of women running up and down the corridor shouting and literally howling. There is no phone in the room and no number for reception on the key card and I didn't feel like dressing to go down and complain.

On a positive note, I expected to be woken again before dawn but I was not.

How much does a sachet of shampoo cost? Too much for this place, evidently.

Handy for the Bus Station.

Stayed: July 2014
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. We appreciate all feedback. If you’d like to talk about the matter further, email me on h6002-gm@accor.com. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Needed a last minute room as a stop over in Leeds and this one came up....it was cheap and cheerful and near enough to walk to centre of town , staff friendly, room clean but very basic no early morning coffee here ! but hey it did what it said on the tin , will use it again and spend extras in town that would have spent on dearer accomodation
Car park 5 mins walk for £6.00 24 hrs on hotel endorsed ticket

Room Tip: The higher the quieter not from traffic from a water feature outside !

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was a strange how-do-you-do: I'd booked and paid online for a room and intended to arrive around 10pm, but received a voicemail around 7.30pm with a very run of the mill message that the room had some sort of issue, so they were going to put me in a taxi and send me to Bradford for the night! Can you imagine? (Don't get me wrong: I Love Bradford, but I was in Leeds for a reason...) The person I then rang back and spoke to offered an alternative: he asked if I wouldn't mind bunking up with someone in another room. After a bit of argey-bargy on arrival I was (half an hour later) given the room I'd booked and paid for -- which was spacious and clean, but nowhere near as nice and modern as ibis budgets elsewhere (e.g. Manchester).
It's understandable that cock-ups happen with hotel bookings sometimes, but this really wasn't the way to go about fixing it, and certainly not with so little genuine apology -- I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time h6002-gm@accor.com, if you’d like to discuss things further. With kind regards, S.Moss.