“Good Value”

Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Lincoln
“Good Value”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed here on a Saturday night during a week end trip. Check in receptionist was very efficient and polite. Room was very clean, light and airy with good shower and comfortable beds. We were on top floor (Room 903) as I had requested a quiet room, some slight noise from doors opening but only to be expected. Breakfast was good value for the money, would definitely stay here again, excellent value for the price we paid with Late Rooms. As for location - convenient for city centre shops, bars etc, but as two women on their own, did feel the need for a taxi back rather than walking late in the evening.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
Horncastle, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The room was like a hospital room, florescent light and wipe down surfaces with no carpet or separate bathroom. It looked clinical and I was unable to relax.

The fact that there was no separate bathroom meant that my husband could hear me in the toilet, which was not ideal!
No toiletries provided.

No kettle provided, surely this is a basic essential in a hotel room!

The bed was hard and small, my husband barely fitted and we hardly slept due to the hardness of the bed and lack of pillows.

The 'continental breakfast' was limited to say the least, a few rolled up slices of cheap ham and some value 'fruit cocktail' is not my understanding of a continental breakfast.

The staff tried a number of times to charge us for services which were stated as free in the hotel handbook, so I had to correct them.. How many people paid as they hadn't read the handbook I do not know.

I will never stay in an ibis again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time on h6002-gm@accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further. With kind regards, S.Moss.

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Ideal place to stay on a night out in the city centre as central location and pretty cheap! Swift check in and cleam rooms.

Hotel has good security. Without room key you cannot get a lift and when we returned in the early hours the morning there were security guards keeping down the noise level and calming drunken guests!

The only real complaint I have about this hotel is the beds were uncomfortable.

Bought breakfast the next morning and it did the job as a hangover cure despite it being quite pricy for what is was!

Overall cheap and cheerful!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit, and I hope we can welcome you back, very soon. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Basic room but hey its cheap. There is a nice bar nextdoor. Good priced food. Everything is in easy walking distance from this hotel. Best value car park is at the armouries which is quite close by. Park in the loading area outside the hotel and ask at reception for directions. Would use this hotel again

Room Tip: front rooms get an amazing view, but also the noise if you have the window open.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
So glad you had an enjoyable time at our hotel. We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, S.Moss.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the second time I've stayed in an Ibis Budget (first time was in Southampton), and I'm not a fan. Rooms feel like they are a prision cell and the beds are uncomfortable. The room we stayed in had a double bed with a single bunk bed above. The single bunk bed sheets had not been changed since the last guests, as they were covered in fake tan and also had fake eyelashes in the sheets. Also there is no parking on site and the nearest car park is not cheap.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to comment. We appreciate all feedback. If you’d like to talk about the matter further, please feel free to contact me on h6002-gm@accor.com. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The only thing that I didn't like was the noise coming from the corridor. Also the wifi was terribly slow and I don't understand the point of a couple of security guards at the entrance on friday nights. Then again it's a 30 quid a night hotel.

Room Tip: bring your own toiletries.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Handy for the town, the bus and rail stations etc. only snag is the car park which is over ten minutes walk away. Lovely in this summer heat wave but could be miserable in mid winter. Still at less than twenty quid per night for the room, it was safe, comfortable and surprisingly queit since it is next to a main hub. Worth a look.

Room Tip: Go high! And on the back of the hotel as it will not get the evening sun either.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss.