“Good Value Budget”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Good Value Budget”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

For a budget hotel this was right on the money. The room was clean, fresh and modern inside. The room had TV but no kettle. The shower was small but nice worth the price of the room on its own in my view! The only negative I have to say is that there was no lock on the toilet door... I thought my partner had gone out of the room to the shop - so I went to the toilet, as I opened the door the smell hit me first and then the sight of my partner with his pants round his ankles took me quite by surprise. Seeing my partner in the middle of pinching one off is not something I wish to see again...Thanks Ibis Budget for the beautiful memories.

1 Thank Emma L
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel a couple of months in advance and for £20 per night we questioned its credentials. The stay was average nothing more nothing less. Hotel is 10 minutes walk from the city centre so handy enough.

Room was small with twin beds, toilet in a cupboard and shower behind a screen in the room. But it was clean and linen changed daily. We didn't have any problems with noise etc as mentioned by others. Although there appeared that many guests were there for nights out in the city.

24 hour mini shop in reception area is useful and surprising not a rip off.

Overall great value for money but I wouldn't be wanting to pay much more than 30 per night, very similar to travelodges

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank peachiepagan
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
middlesbrough
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked through Late Rooms, and for £26 for 1 night we were not expecting a great deal, but overall very good, receptionists very helpful, told us about discounted parking near Armouries, room was what you would expect for the money, bed was only ok, but we had been travelling all day and were extremely tired so went to sleep very early, shower very good, no traffic noise from our room(125) which faced the main road. Didn't try the £4.95 buffet breakfast as we were up and about very early, we were visiting our son who was having surgery at Leeds General Infirmary, and the hotel was 15/20 minute walk from here, so we would stay again if needs be.

Room Tip: Oue room (125) was fine, I suspect that all the rooms in this type of hotel are identical, we can on...
Consett, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed one night, the name says budget and it is, no coffee making facilities, a room with a bed chair, TV and on suite.

Very clean but there was a smell from the wet room even with the extractor on.

Clean room and building, the nearest parking is about 500m away walking or 1mile if driving

For £30 a night it was still worth it.

Room Tip: If you want a good room do not book into a budget hotel but of you want somewhere to stat for a nigh...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We at ibis Budget Leeds very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The hubby & I booked this due to price & location for a cheap midweek break (it was £19.95).

Location wise, we absolutely couldn't fault it.

Check in was good, no problems and room ready on arrival.

Room itself is extremely basic but adequate. I must admit that having a toilet in a cupboard and a shower that literally is like being in a static caravan was unusual but put together with the fact that it was clean and did its job made this a bargain find. I would have liked 2 pillows but that's a minor point.

The hubby and I literally used it for what it was, somewhere clean, cheap & cheerful to lay our heads after a full day out and about and on that score it delivered. For that price I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
We at ibis Budget Leeds very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards,S.Moss.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Walk into the hotel to be greeted to a rude receptionist, who straight away made us feel like we regretted booking this hotel.
We got to our room to find the shower next to the bed and the toilet in a 'cupboard' room.
The shower itself wasn't bad, but the shower door wasn't very private as you could see the person in the shower. Also we found that after we used the shower it flooded half of the room which made the floor slippy and really unsafe and the two small towels provided weren't enough to dry it. The siteform vinyl leading to the shower had water damage causing it to peal from the wall which could cause an accident.
The beds are extremely uncomfortable making it feel like you're not sleeping on a mattress at all, and the two pillows provided aren't enough.
There was a sign in the room that clearly stated 'free wifi' but didn't work.
Expected a lot more facilities in the room such as hair drier, more towels and a kettle, the food/drinks available in the lobby were overpriced.

The only positives I can say about this hotel is that it is reasonably clean, fairly quiet, 24h security and close to town.

Overall it is a cheap hotel, but still not worth the money, if I was anyone looking into booking a room I would pay extra to stay in the other Ibis hotel in Leeds or another hotel completely.

Room Tip: Don't stay.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HollyBeresford8
Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts, and rest assured we will look into this matter. Contact me at any time on h6002-gm@accor.com if you’d like to discuss things further. With kind regards, S.Moss

Travellers are raving about these Leeds hotels