“Clean and functional in a great location”

Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Whitby, United Kingdom
“Clean and functional in a great location”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here as a group of friends in August on a Thursday night room rate was £28.50 per room (for 2 people) which I consider very reasonable for a clean,pleasant hotel in the very centre of leeds.
Check in perhaps could of been slightly faster as there was only 1 receptionist and a queue of 5 people but 10 minutes later we were checked in.

The rooms were modern and clean, quite small but very functional.
The only issue I had was no lock on the toilet door?

It honestly baffles me how many people on this site can moan and complain at the lack of tea and coffee facilities and the slightly smaller rooms.

We didn't experience any traffic noise or noise from other guests despite the busy location.

Secure car parking is a 5 minute walk away and is heavily discounted if you are a guest at the ibis.

This is a budget hotel! For the average room rate of £30-£40 in the centre of leeds what do you expect.

Would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Many thanks for the positive comments, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to ibis Budget Leeds again very soon. Kind regards, S.Moss.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Polish first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Booked IBIS Budget online . Got a great deal a Double Room with overbed for £95 inc. Breakfast which for two was terrific value. A Clean functional room with shower and toilet and TV and WI-FI. Around 3/4 mile from City centre.
Leeds Shopping experience is fabulous and truly puts london to shame, a beautiful selection of the Elite in Retail down to the National standard chain store. Allied to this is the glorious Leeds Market with scores of Independent Traders and at least a Dozen Butchers shops, a real mix of cultures but still Yorkshire.
Great Pubs with good Ale included The Palace with Timothy Taylors Landlord on draught;The Pack Horse the Oldest Pub in Leeds with a nice line in local Beers.
Finally We felt safe walking Leeds City Centre at night, when we chanced upon The Milo Bar which is definitely compact but put on free live Music, the Band were talented ,loud and off to support @ Reading Festival. IBIS offer a discounted Parking scheme and two days Parking cost just £13.90 which was superb and the Parking Staff were pleasant,informative and helpful.
Leeds is definitely worth a visit. Free Museums including Royal Armouries Henry Moore Gallery.

Room Tip: We faced the Railway line but double glazing gives no road or rail noise.
Green Features: Reuse a towel and IBIS donate to a Tree planting initiative.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds, Kind regards, S.Moss.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Girls weekend in Leeds meant that we needed some where to stay in budget. for £40 for three of us and located in the City Centre, we decided that this was a good option.
We had a double bed and a single bunk in our room, shower and toilet. The room wasn't very big for the three of us but we didn't spend much time in here, the room was clean.
Reception staff were helpful when we asked where we should go for our first night in Leeds.
The shower was amazing, so powerful!
Would definitely recommend for somewhere cheap and cheerful and would go again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Budget Leeds. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here last night, hotel is nice but very basic. We were in a triple room, consisted of a double bed with a bunk over it. The shower was amazing, with the lavatory separate. There is a television but no kettle/tea/coffee facilities. Reception staff were great, and there is food and drink in reception which can be bought.

Room Tip: Our room was facing The Palace pub, which is over a main carriageway so was loud with the window ope...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is located in the city centre in close proximity to the bus station and train station. Car parks were recommended by hotel staff but left my car elsewhere as the car parks in the city centre, as I have heard, have a bit of a reputation for being broken into. Reception staff were friendly and there is a security guard on the premises. There are sandwiches drinks and snacks available on site if you feel peckish through the night. Lift, hallways, rooms were nice and clean. Rooms were pretty big also. For the price of a budget hotel I must say I was very impressed and would stay again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank shafiqur r
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budget Leeds. Kind regards, S.Moss.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

For a budget hotel this was right on the money. The room was clean, fresh and modern inside. The room had TV but no kettle. The shower was small but nice worth the price of the room on its own in my view! The only negative I have to say is that there was no lock on the toilet door... I thought my partner had gone out of the room to the shop - so I went to the toilet, as I opened the door the smell hit me first and then the sight of my partner with his pants round his ankles took me quite by surprise. Seeing my partner in the middle of pinching one off is not something I wish to see again...Thanks Ibis Budget for the beautiful memories.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Emma L
Management_6002, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Leeds Centre, responded to this review, 19 August 2014