Open today: 10:00 - 15:00
Review Highlights
Great spot for morning out . Animals now living great loves

Lived near here for years but only decided to pop up today. Staff were very welcoming, all animals... read more

Reviewed 24 July 2020
206davea
Headingley, United Kingdom
via mobile
Good little day out

What a lovely place! We came for the first time this morning and we were not disappointed. The... read more

Reviewed 17 June 2020

from US$215.04
from US$50.18
from US$34.41
More Info
All reviews horses volunteers charity donated stables cafe
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Fantastic family outing. Brilliant time for my pony mad little girl as we arranged pony brushing for her. We are all in love with "Gypsy".

Date of experience: May 2016
Kim P, Public Relations Manager at Hope Pastures, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Great that you've experienced one of our 'pony grooming' sessions - it's lovely for the children to have 'hands on' experience with the ponies. Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

What a welcoming and friendly place! You can wander round and talk to the animals - such characters! The staff are kind and helpful too. You can have a snack at the visitors' centre. The place has a lovely atmosphere - very therapeutic. A sanctuary for humans as well as animals!

Date of experience: May 2016

We love to think of Hope Pastures as a sanctuary for everyone, two-legged or four - we all need some peace and tranquility in our busy, busy world. We hope you'll come again.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

Sadly I became too ill and frail to look after my beloved pony Freddie, just after Christmas his Dad, Jack, died suddenly...they had been together since Freddie's Mum passed away about 10 years ago! Freddie missed his Dad dreadfully and needed extra care, company, and more attention than I was able to give him due to my failing health! Hope Pastures, and the amazing volunteers offered to take Freddie for me to care for him as I had always done! Although it broke my heart, and still does, I will be forever grateful to Hope Pastures for giving my boy a wonderful home! He was born into my arms 17 years ago, I will never forget him! I sincerely thank everyone who is taking such good care of him.

1  Thank Mary S

Freddie is an absolute star and we love him to bits. He's a fantastic addition to our herd here at Hope Pastures and he's settled in very well. He's particularly popular with children when they visit and is super-patient being brushed by little people for hours on end!

Reviewed 3 March 2016

Hope Pastures is a fantastic place to visit for all the family. it is amazing to see so many horses, ponies and donkeys happy and well looked after. I have been visiting Hope Pastures for a few years now as an intrigued visitor and supporter. You always come away feeling happy and relaxed to see the animals and see them play with each other. This is a great place to drop in with the kids and let them see animals and learn how wonderful they are. All the staff and volunteers do an awesome job at caring for them. A great place to visit.

Date of experience: February 2016
Kim P, Public Relations Manager at Hope Pastures, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Thank you for this fantastic review. It's great to have such feedback from someone who has visied us over a several years. We aim to make everyone's (people and ponies!) time with us enjoyable and it looks as if we have succeeded here. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

A lovely, friendly and caring place. Almost wish I was a horse! The staff were great to talk to and have an obvious care of those horses and donkeys who've been rescued. A great place to visit with children.

Date of experience: February 2016
Kim P, Public Relations Manager at Hope Pastures, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Many, many thanks for taking the time to write this review and for your kind words. We try very hard to ensure that visits to the sanctuary are as enjoyable for both humans and horses!

The team are all committed to helping the animals and to sharing their love of them with visitors. We hope you'll come again soon.