“Excellent Food”

Lee, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The food was delicious and presented well. Service was brilliant. Very friendly staff. Will definitely return

1 Thank Cheryl K

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited Teppan260 last Friday evening before going to the Grand. This was a totally new experience for us, Ordering is done via Ipad but a waiter will take your order if you are not used to tablets. We started with crispy prawns which came in about 2 mins. then we ordered our mains Gamba prawns and salmon which come on a teppan hot plate for you to cook yourself, this like our starter came very fast. ordered more drinks again on the ipad and were served straight away.

your meal can be as fat or as slow as you want but remember when you place your order you are going to get it in minutes. take you time and I guarantee you will enjoy. what else would you expect from the owner of Orchid Harrogate.

well done guys

1 Thank Paul W
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I tried this restaurant today with some friends, and due to the Orchid connection we had high hopes. We instantly disliked the impersonal method of ordering using the on-table ipads. We had some questions about the limited menu, but no waitress to ask. The food arrived quickly and the presentation was pleasingly original. Unfortunately the majority of the food lacked flavour of any sort. The garlic and coriander sauce tasted of neither, and my salmon was bland. I hardly ate a thing and reported my dissatisfaction to the waitress. Puzzingly my meal still appeared on our bill! I objected and she duly had it removed. The manager came to speak to us and was very nice about it all, and seemed to value our constructive feedback.
I'm sure this experience will have something to do with teething problems, and I'm willing to give the restuarant another go in 6 months or so once they have things running more smoothly.

1 Thank gareth o
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A new gem!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Visited Teppan260 on a friday night with a group of mates... we were sat outside and were given a very warm welcome. The ordering system is iPad based with one for each table - was worried this would be a bit of a gimmick and wouldn't really work but it does very well... it's especially great for ordering more drinks (our wine arrived within about 30 seconds of ordering it!) The food was absolutely brilliant, we tried a selection of the starters and the mains itself were also first class.... we had a mixture of steak / salmon and chicken and everybody enjoyed it. The service was brilliant, every member of staff we came in touch with was knowledgeable, happy and friendly. Must visit!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been working close to the square for a couple of years now and had seen the development of this exciting new restaurant going on the past few months. I decided to go in with my colleague after receiving a voucher with a deal on it.

Wow we were blown away by the quality of the food, nothing can compare in Leeds for quality Oriental fast food dining. I had the Gamba prawns with Singaporean sauce and vermicelli noodles, light, healthy and tasty. My colleague had a steak and salad with some cubed chips. Thought the cooking side would have been a bit messy but it was ok, just turned over a few time and the food was ready! We decided to treat ourselves with desserts, had the mango pudding and chocolate spring rolls with ice cream.

Service was great, friendly and attentive. We finished the lunch with an espresso each as a pick me up and it just did the trick. Good coffee, I was told it was an independent roaster that supplied the coffee. We really liked the concept as it was refreshing from the usual chain places. We will certainly be back, the offers are on throughout June and next time I will go with my friends!